PDA

View Full Version : Parade route map

eyesee
01-15-2005, 08:31 AM
I am going to dl,dca in a few weeks and was wonderind if anyone had a parade route map for the electrical light parade. It is my first time there and I was wondering where the handicapped veiwing area was. I read it absolutely sucks (the veiwing area) for fantasmic and was wondering how it is for the light parade. Does anyone know how long in advance you have to go to stake out your territory?

One more Question if you would indulge me...
Can one member of our party wait in line while the other 2 wait outside? One has a little trouble with a few things so we thought it might be possible if she and her caretaker waited outside. We are going at what we thought was the least busy time so we hope it wont be too much of an issue anyway.

Thanks for your help, and if I posted wrong, sorry Im a firsttimer.

Wendi
01-15-2005, 08:51 AM
I have no idea about the handicap viewing areas, so hopefully someone else here can answer your question on that topic.

As far as waiting in lines for attractions, take advantage of the "rider switch pass" as often as you can. Part of your party goes on the ride and asks the CM for a switch pass, once you exit the ride, you give the pass to the other part of your party (only 1-2 more riders I think) and they take it to the CM (usually at the attraction exit) and are let on then instead of going through the entire line.

eyesee
01-15-2005, 09:00 AM
Thanks wendi but All want to go on the ride but one person can sometimes be... well uh violent. She is a doll 99.999% of the time but for some reason she will lash out and wallop people if she is feeling threatened. She hasnot done it for a while and it is usually towards a caretaker(me). But her aim is terrible..... well you get the picture. She is not in a wheelchair and to some people might not appear handicapped. She wants to go on the rides (the kiddie ones) but I am more than a little stressed about this. Noone is in danger by the way but we think that she may get stressed if she is feeling too enclosed with people. You get the picture.

bassett1976
01-15-2005, 09:24 AM
Eyesee-
Crowds can be overwhelming for those souls who are sensitive to noise and business around them. I would recommend going during off season, not on weekends.

Seating for the Electrical Light Parade is not usually a huge ordeal. We have been able to find seats at the very beginning of the parade, as it goes through the middle of the park and there's a lot of room. I am not really sure about the handicap seating arrangements. Be forewarned, however, that the parade can get very noisy.