PDA

View Full Version : 17th!

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
01-14-2005, 01:11 PM
my b-day is on the 17th and i know its martin luther king day...

i was just wondering if anyone knew what the crowds are typically like. i heard that alot of schools will go on field trips there, or something to that matter...if anyone knows could ya fill me in. :D

Captain Josh
01-14-2005, 01:12 PM
Last time I showed up to the park on MLK day, there was a cheerleader convention in town.

I don't know what's going on this weekend, but well you never know I guess.

Tiger W
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
[QUOTE=G-Hawk]Last time I showed up to the park on MLK day, there was a cheerleader convention in town.

Sounds like a great time to visit!

I know that was bad, but I just couldn't pass it up...

nightdesigns
01-14-2005, 01:29 PM
my b-day is on the 17th and i know its martin luther king day...

Hey cool, we have the same b-day!

What year? '81 here.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
01-14-2005, 02:04 PM
Hey cool, we have the same b-day!

What year? '81 here.

awesome!!! and we are the same age! :D :D :D

LilmissTinkerbell
01-14-2005, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=G-Hawk]Last time I showed up to the park on MLK day, there was a cheerleader convention in town.

Sounds like a great time to visit!

I know that was bad, but I just couldn't pass it up...

Actually not. We've gone several times and ended up getting stuck in the cheerleader conventions. For the most part they were loud and annoying and most of time rude. Even my guy friends said the "eye candy" couldn't make up for the additudes that came with them.

DEADmenTELLnoTALES
01-14-2005, 11:51 PM
thanks so much...maybe ill dealy the trip until the next weekend

disneyhound
01-15-2005, 07:30 AM
My daughter and I went to DL over the MLK Holiday weekend. The park was more crowded than any other weekend we have experienced in the Jan-Feb period! Ditto towards cheerleader attitude already discussed!

Wesley815
01-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Since it's nice weater, a 3-day weekend and the attractions currently closed are... Haunted Mansion (Holiday removal - open Monday, Janurary 24th)
Small World (Holiday removal - open Monday, January 24th)
Mickey's House (refurb through Febuary)
Disneyland Railroad (refurb through March)
Splash Mountain (refurb through March)
Tiki Room (refurb through March)
Space Mountain (open later this year for the 50th)...the park will probably seem more crowded then normal. Those are quite a few major attractions to be down at once so guests won't have as many things to do. I think you'll still have fun but maybe go to Disneyland and DCA if you get the "2fer" ticket deal from living in southern CA (or of course if you have an Annual Passport).

RStar
01-17-2005, 12:48 PM
Happy 18th you two! It's a great time of life in many ways!

And may the park be empty for you!

danyoung
01-17-2005, 01:17 PM
Happy 18th you two!

Ummm, check that math again. Someone born on this day in 1981 would be 24 today.

Maybe not as much fun as your 18th, but still a fine time of life - I'm very jealous!!!

Dan, who was 25 in 1981!

Niwel
01-17-2005, 07:57 PM
Saturday-like crowds -- and boy did it get hot! It felt more like June than January.