PDA

View Full Version : The DCA Pin Quest and the best way to get the free pin

Darkbeer
01-13-2005, 06:19 PM
Ok, as part of the 75 InspEARations at DCA, or should I say the 71 InspEARations at DCA, since four statues had their arms broken while in transit..... Anyways, through January 23rd (or while supplies last, whichever comes first, and all that other Disney legal stuff :monkey:

You can get a FREE Delivery Man Mickey Pin but completing a pin quest, here is the best way to do it, and all the answers...

First off, do NOT follow the suggested plan on the Pin Quest card, it will add quite a bit of extra walking, do the following instead!

Start at the end (stop #8), the Greetings from California store right near the main entrance....

Go in and ask for a map quest card...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/355361/19/14132907/Large

(I am going to be lazy and not retype the questions, but you can see them in the link above.)

I am using spoiler links, just use your mouse and run over the dark area to see the answer....

The answer to #8 is....
Pluto

Then go to your right and thru Condor Flats, stop by Fly 'n Buy (#1)....

The answer is Plane Crazy

Then keep going towards the GCH, the next stop is Rushin' River Outfitters (#2)

The answer is, well, give us a moment... some folks would say Mickey's Philarmagic, but that is not the "official" answer..

The answer they are looking for is "The 3 Mousekateers"

Then keep walking towards Paradise Pier, make a right turn at Golden Dreams to "Laod Bhang's Pin Cart" (#3) (on the left just past the amphitheater).

The answer here is "Steamboat Willie"

Then just a short walk towards the PPH to Souvenir 66 (on the right) (#4)

The answer here is "120".

Then keep walking towards California Screamin', Sideshow Shirts (actually closer to Screamin') is stop #5.

The Answer is "The Band Concert"

Keep walking, the next stop is Treasures in Paradise across the way from Ariel's Grotto (well, the name is Ariel's Grotto, too bad that Ariel no longer is part of the restaurant)...

The answer here (#6) is "The Lonesome Ghosts"

Then walk down the Parade corridor towards the main gate, but stop at the "P.T. Flea Market" (#7), just past the Pacific Wharf area...

The answer here is "Mickey's Choo-Choo"

That is all 8, and all you need to do now is walk to the Pacific Wharf Cafe (next to the Boudin Bakery Tour), turn in your card and get your free pin. :)

FYI, read all the fine print at the bottom of the photo I posted, it has a lot of Disney Legal stuff you need to know! :eek:

DopeyWife
01-13-2005, 07:59 PM
When did this pin quest start?

Darkbeer
01-13-2005, 09:13 PM
^January 10th.... the same day the statues were placed at DCA

disney jones
01-13-2005, 09:21 PM
Ok, as part of the 75 InspEARations at DCA, or should I say the 71 InspEARations at DCA, since four statues had their arms broken while in transit..... i thought i read somewhere they made two extra so they would have had back-ups in case any were damaged.

So where are the two on the bench? - that'd make 73....

somewhat good back-up planning, but obviously not enough :)

Darkbeer
01-14-2005, 04:46 AM
Actually there are 5 outside of DCA, so there were about 80 made.....my schedule today has me going out and taking photos of all the Mickey's, so we will get a full count :)

RStar
01-14-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks DarkBeer!

TraceyMcF
01-20-2005, 07:20 AM
Hi Darkbeer -
I have a couple of questions - will it be over Jan. 23 for sure? We are going Feb. 2 and my kids would be all over this. And the mouse trick with the spoiler boxes didn't work - am I missing something? I certainly don't want to have to do any research on my own or anything!
Thanks -
Tracey

Earkid
01-20-2005, 07:24 AM
Tracey, you can also hold down the Ctrl key and the A key and that will highlight all the text on the page making those spoilers all show up at once.

TraceyMcF
01-20-2005, 07:29 AM
Tracey, you can also hold down the Ctrl key and the A key and that will highlight all the text on the page making those spoilers all show up at once.

Earkid - you rock! You should have heard the shouts go up when that worked!
Thanks -
Tracey

got2travel
01-20-2005, 07:32 AM
Sorry to say, they ran out of the free pin as of Sunday Jan 16. We got ours on Jan 15 and went back the next afternoon to do it again but were told they were completely out.

Earkid
01-20-2005, 07:33 AM
:D Have a great trip!!

Niwel
01-20-2005, 09:20 AM
Sorry to say, they ran out of the free pin as of Sunday Jan 16. We got ours on Jan 15 and went back the next afternoon to do it again but were told they were completely out.

They must have gotten in a new shipment in Monday. I was there the afternoon of Jan. 17 and got one.

SoCalDude
01-20-2005, 10:02 AM
I was there yesterday (Wed) and they had the signs up for it all over the place - but they were out and not doing it anylonger. When I asked at each stop that we stopped by why they had the signs up still if they were out and not doing it anylonger nobody had anything that could even be taken as an answer.

TraceyMcF
01-20-2005, 12:33 PM
Oh bummer. Thanks for the answers. You people really do know everything! Thanks for the good wishes Earkid; we just told the kids last night by giving them their allowance in American $$ (we're in Alberta). My oldest DD (13) had it figured out instantly. Should be a great time, especially with all the great tips I'm getting here.

Thanks again -
Tracey

Earkid
01-20-2005, 01:16 PM
Make sure you post a trip report when you get back.

cstephens
01-21-2005, 09:59 PM
The pin quest is still going on. We had started last Saturday but ran out of time before we finished and had to meet friends for dinner. We finished up today. When I walked into Greetings to check, they had a huge stack of the maps, and getting the free pin at Pacific Wharf Cafe was no problem. One thing to note: if you're not actually purchasing anything there and are just redeeming your free pin, you don't have to get in the regular line. Go up to the counter where the redemption sign is, and a CM will help you.

Shortiemetoo
01-22-2005, 12:47 AM
Oh bummer. Thanks for the answers. You people really do know everything! Thanks for the good wishes Earkid; we just told the kids last night by giving them their allowance in American $$ (we're in Alberta). My oldest DD (13) had it figured out instantly. Should be a great time, especially with all the great tips I'm getting here.

Thanks again -
Tracey

Wow, what a great idea!! And your daughter guessed right away?? Very cool!!! Have a great time!! :)

TraceyMcF
01-24-2005, 01:16 PM
Thanks shortiemetoo - we're all very excited. Now we're just hoping for good weather!

RStar
01-25-2005, 04:15 PM
I hope they don't run out before Sat. when I can go next!

cstephens
01-25-2005, 04:28 PM
I hope they don't run out before Sat. when I can go next!

Hate to tell you this, but the promotion was only supposed to run through January 23.

RStar
01-26-2005, 02:38 PM
Ya, I just got back. I decided not to wait. I found that out. Oh well......... :(

I should have re-read Darkbeer's post. Oops.