PDA

View Full Version : Precursor to a new ride?

zugzug15
01-13-2005, 10:57 AM
so if my memory serves me right there used to be a section in the peoplemover ride that was based upon tron right? well i came upon this little article stating that disney was planning on updating and remaking the movie tron to more modern standards.

http://www.empireonline.co.uk/site/news/newsstory.asp?news_id=16479

think the people mover may make a comback once this movie is finished?

DisneyDustin22
01-13-2005, 11:11 AM
although that would be everyone's fantasy come true...i believe that the peoplemover is suffering from a few things which will keep it from coming back. if im not mistaken the old rocket rods attraction didnt do glorious things for the track supports. and also, i thought i heard somewhere that part of the track was taken out or something for the instalation of the buzz lightyear ride? anyone know further on this?

the mad hatter
01-13-2005, 11:16 AM
I really hope they don't mess up the new tron movie. The sequals/remakes now-adays have been absolutely horrible. I think they try to make them too hip and just end up making fools of themselves.

It would be cool thought to have a ride where you ride thos motorcycle looking things they ride in the movie.

hbquikcomjamesl
01-13-2005, 11:28 AM
The last rumors that had anything to do with a TRON sequel/remake turned out to be advance hype for a first-person-shooter video game.

So far, there's no IMDB entry for a TRON remake or sequel, other than what turned out to be the video game. Until there is one, I'm not holding my breath, and until I see ads, I'm not holding out much hope that it will be anything but another FPS video game.

Do I sound bitter about the whole "TRON 2.0 turning out to be a FPS game" debacle? You bet your Eeyore I am!

Oh, my User!

cstephens
01-13-2005, 11:57 AM
Here's an article (http://jam.canoe.ca/Movies/2005/01/13/897276.html), here's another one (http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?category=0&id=30173), and here's a blurb from Variety:

Disney has hired screenwriters Brian Klugman and Lee Sternthal to fashion a remake of "Tron," the 1982 film about a computer programmer who gets sucked into the parallel world of a computer program.
The original pic, written and directed by Steven Lisberger, was considered ahead of its time, from its fixation with computer programming to its cutting-edge rotoscope graphics. Klugman and Sternthal, who just wrote the historical epic "Warrior" for Gavin O'ConnorGavin O'Connor to direct and Icon to produce, feel that the world has caught up with Lisberger's original concept, making it ripe for redo. It will be supervised by Brigham TaylorBrigham Taylor.

Sternthal said the new conceit is that the computer programmer gets trapped in a cyberworld, so that the film can utilize the Internet.

"In a lot of ways, ('Tron') was a movie about a man venturing into hell. Our job will be to keep the humanity as he ventures into an unreal world."

oregontraveler
01-13-2005, 12:44 PM
The peoplemover's "speed tunnel" had clips from Tron projected on the walls.
If memory serves, this was the top floor of Innoventions. If they were to bring back PeopleMover (one can always hope) wouldn't they have to
re-route the track or something? The track also goes thru Space Mt, Star Tours & now the Buzz Lightyear que.

Andrew
01-13-2005, 12:56 PM
The PeopleMover track actually goes around the top floor of Innoventions. When the Rocket Rods were running, you could see them through a window near the SAP exhibit.

zugzug15
01-13-2005, 01:22 PM
the tron scene was right after you go through the que in star tours wasnt it?

Andrew
01-13-2005, 01:28 PM
the tron scene was right after you go through the que in star tours wasnt it?
No, it was in the section on the upper level of the Carousel Theater (now Innoventions).

Opus1guy
01-13-2005, 02:53 PM
Due to budget cuts and Disney's own computer animation unit being not quite fully operational yet, I hear the new Tron movie is now going to be one of those marionette films.

All photographed under blacklight.

;)

BTW, back in it's heyday...Disneyland Cast Members referred to the Tron Tunnel as the "Ron Tunnel"...after then top Disney honco (and Walt's son-in-law), Ron Miller.

Fan of the Mouse
01-14-2005, 07:03 PM
Did they remove the PM track during the install of Buzz?

mrcoaster
01-14-2005, 07:17 PM
If they removed PM track during the Buzz install, wouldn't they have removed it from Space Mtn. during it's rehab, too? It would seem that would nix it ever returning in any form similar to what it once was.

JeffG
01-14-2005, 08:39 PM
Due to budget cuts and Disney's own computer animation unit being not quite fully operational yet, I hear the new Tron movie is now going to be one of those marionette films.

Maybe it will use regular drawn animation, just like the first film. :)

(The marketing campaign for "Tron" was one of the most misleading in film history. The time length for the actual computer graphics in the film is most easily measured in seconds...)

-Jeff

QueenAlisha
01-14-2005, 09:33 PM
I have never seen Tron but i bought the 20th ann. for my Boyfriend cause he loves it.

AB29
01-15-2005, 02:53 AM
The PM track was not removed, just covered to provide a working space for the construction offices for Buzz.