PDA

View Full Version : Salad at Blue Bayou

dlandnut
01-13-2005, 09:35 AM
It seems like I remember reading about some sort of a good salad that you can order at Blue Bayou. A green salad with walnuts, or something like that. Does somebody know what in the heck I'm talking about? :)

mystycalchyk
01-13-2005, 09:40 AM
Google is your friend. :)

From this site (http://www.edjohnston.com/travel/dsnyfd05.htm).

These are two salads I found with pecans (not walnuts)

Mardis Gras Salad - selection of mixed greens, carrots, yellow bell peppers, tomatoes and pecans - served with our Blue Bayou roasted red bell pepper dressing

Blue Bayou Barbecue Chicken Salad - Grilled chicken breast basted in barbecue sauce, black beans, pepper jack cheese, tomatoes and pecans, on a bed of assorted field greens accompanied by Honey Mustard dressing

calguy77
01-13-2005, 03:40 PM
Mardis Gras Salad is my favorite, order it every time I go

MrsG
01-13-2005, 04:03 PM
Mardi Gras salad is one of the few good things at BB, JMO.

kisroo
01-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I've had both salads and love them. The past few times, those are the only things (other than yummy calamari) that I've ordered!
~kisroo:)

Tigertail777
01-13-2005, 11:47 PM
MMM the carmelized pecans were delicious in that salad as was the pepper dressing!!!

arielova
01-13-2005, 11:58 PM
I love that salad!!!!!!!!!!! Especially the dressing, roasted red bell peper. I once asked if there was someplace on grounds to buy it. The hostess said no. sad. Best dressing in the world!!! With the pecans...........*drools* :)