PDA

View Full Version : conversation on DL closures in the smoking area of DCA

Doodle Duck
01-13-2005, 07:57 AM
Sittin' there havin' a smoke Iin the defunct SSL area).

Couple sitting across...

Guy say's...
"So have you been to Disneyland yet?"

I say "Yep we just came from there"

Guy
"We haven't been in a few years...can't wait to ride Space Mountain.."

Me:
"Sorry...closed for rebuild...open in November..."

Guy:

"November?"

Me:

"yep."

Guy:

"Well...The Haunted Mansion is my favorite..."

Me: "Closed to re-dress from the Holidays"

Guy: "OH...how about Spalsh Mountain?"

Me: "Well it was closed all morning while we were there, I didn't check the schedule..."

Guy: Small World?

Me: Closed to redress for Holiday lights and stuff."

He was beginning to look depressed...

The wife say's..."What about the Tiki place with the birds..."

Me: "Closed"

Guy: How about the little raft to...uh Tom Sawyer's Island?"

Me: "Was closed while we were there."

Guy: "Fireworks or something special?"

Me: "Nope"

Guy: "Parades or something?"

Me: "Something...a brief character walk by at 1:30 and 3p. We just saw the 1:30 one."

Guy: "Tell me something good..."

Me: "The Columbia is running again...

Guy: "What's that?"

--------
I did tell him what WAS open and he could still have a fun day (they were going today)
So while for most of us, the refurb of all the rides etc. is a good thing...for the day guest...this is kind of a grim time to visit eh?

Doug

SoCalSteven
01-13-2005, 08:10 AM
Very grim time to visit for sure. Things will be better in only a few short months.

TikiGeek
01-13-2005, 08:45 AM
That's a shame that everything he asked about was closed and that's good that you assured him that one could still have a "magical day" at DL even with said closures - But - that's why there's a refurb schedule on Disney's website. Most people understand that some of the attractions/rides are closed some of the time. :)

Jeremiah
01-13-2005, 11:06 AM
Just goes to show you nothing good can come out of smoking LOL!!! I do feel bad for people like that but even if you don't check the website before planing your trip before you buy your tickets they post what is closed at the booths. SUre that may not help with the fact that half the park is closed but it will give you a heads up atleast.

J

the mad hatter
01-13-2005, 11:14 AM
I found that kind of funny. I just pictured doodle duck talking in this monotone voice just staring strait ahead and not even looking at this guy while he looks all surprised and upset.

Opus1guy
01-13-2005, 02:59 PM
One of those classic "Wally World" moments.

SCUBAbe
01-13-2005, 03:08 PM
I found that kind of funny. I just pictured doodle duck talking in this monotone voice just staring strait ahead and not even looking at this guy while he looks all surprised and upset.

I was too....LOL

MammaSilva
01-13-2005, 03:20 PM
Having the pleasure of meetng the one and only Doodleduck...what I 'saw' was this wonderful caring person feeling deep sympathy for a day visitor to the happiest place on earth...and since I'm sure the lovely Mrs. Doodle was either right there or near by the visitors got the pleasure of meeting two of the nicest Disney fans they could ever hope to!

And to derail this just a bit.....can I just say that my first reaction to this thread was WOW a smoking area I didn't know exsisted......creeping up on the one year mark :)