PDA

View Full Version : Bad News! [Tahitian Terrace]

GoldenEars
01-12-2005, 09:13 PM
For those of you, which was practically everyone on MousePad, who had hoped that the Tahitian Terrace would return in place of Aladdin's Oasis will be very sorry to know that WON'T happen now! :crying:

I just looked at the official Disney website that host all up-coming auditions for stage shows, parades, characters, etc. And it states on there that they are holding auditions for the Aladdin & Jasmine Storytelling on 1/20/05.

So, it looks like we're getting the same thing! What a shame, cuz I was really hoping for the return of the TT. Oh well, that's life! :(

Disneyfreak
01-12-2005, 09:19 PM
For those of you, which was practically everyone on MousePad, who had hoped that the Tahitian Terrace would return in place of Aladdin's Oasis will be very sorry to know that WON'T happen now! :crying:

I just looked at the official Disney website that host all up-coming auditions for stage shows, parades, characters, etc. And it states on there that they are holding auditions for the Aladdin & Jasmine Storytelling on 1/20/05.

So, it looks like we're getting the same thing! What a shame, cuz I was really hoping for the return of the TT. Oh well, that's life! :(

Like I said, morons running the park and the Disney company. They are so concerned with money but what doesn't make sense is that TT would make tons of it. Probably the bean counters did not want to invest into retrofiting the building.

Andrew
01-12-2005, 10:00 PM
On the other hand, those of us who love the Aladdin & Jasmine StoryTale Adventure are pretty pleased to hear of its return.

sleepyjeff
01-12-2005, 10:05 PM
:crying: ........oh well, guess they did not wish to compete with Downtown Disney establishments :~D

Baloo
01-12-2005, 11:40 PM
:crying: ........oh well, guess they did not wish to compete with Downtown Disney establishments :~D

Wel i'm ok with that as long as the rumor of the plaza returning as a restuarant and not a pin store is true

I Heart Disneyland!
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
No surprises here folks!

cstephens
01-13-2005, 07:48 AM

I can't have been the only one who heard/read the rumour and knew that it wasn't going to happen.

And I'd dispute your "practically everyone on MousePad" comment.

MrsG
01-13-2005, 08:23 AM
This is very sad but not surprising. TT was wonderful but, if you remember, very small. They would not get the revenues they want. Never been in the Aladdin storytelling, and probably never will. :crying:

mystycalchyk
01-13-2005, 08:35 AM
On the other hand, those of us who love the Aladdin & Jasmine StoryTale Adventure are pretty pleased to hear of its return.

My thoughts exactly. I love that little show, and even though we dont have children we make sure to catch it every time we go.

Of course I never experienced the Tahitian Terrace thingy so, my point is moot....sort of. :|

disneynut
01-13-2005, 12:59 PM
I've experienced both and am happy to have the Alladin and Jasmine StoryTaleAdventure back.

RStar
01-13-2005, 01:00 PM
As much as I would like to see it come back, how many attractions have ever come back after being closed down for 10 or more years? I can't think of one. And that may be a good thing, if they come up with something new that is worth while. We always need new things to keep things fresh. But then I like the storytelling at the Oasis as well.

DisneylandForever
01-13-2005, 01:07 PM
Count me in as one of the disappointed. The Oasis pales in comparison to the Tahitian Terrace. Maybe one day still in the future it can come back, but looks like it won't be any time soon.

Other than the Electrical Parade, how many major attractions have even made a comeback?

Shortiemetoo
01-13-2005, 01:39 PM
I have very fond memories of the Tahitian Terrace and the atmosphere there!!! Maybe it would be possible to have a TT type restaurant at one of the resort hotels, or in downtown disney?? Maybe next to the dancing waters show!! ;)

disneymania
01-13-2005, 03:54 PM
I loved the TT. When I was a kid my family ate there every vacation. I played it up alot to my husband, and when we went 4 yrs ago (I hadn't been in over 15 yrs) it was closed. Even he was upset.

sleepyjeff
01-13-2005, 04:02 PM
It also added to the atmosphere of the Jungle Cruise at night. The show off in the distance gave the last part of that attraction a surreal quality.

merlinjones
01-13-2005, 04:04 PM
That's too bad - - I dearly loved the Tahitian Terrace and the Polynesian Revue.

Similarly depressing, perhaps even moreso - - I also read somewhere that there will be no revived Golden Horseshoe Revue for the 50th either... now that's a true crime!

Disneyfreak
01-13-2005, 05:05 PM
It is quite depressing to watch stupid people make decisions. It is funny because they could make the 50th so much more if they would do little things like bringing back TT. It really would help the horrible plans that are in place for the 50th. In my opinion, the 40th anniversary was the best due to Indy coming to the park. I mean this is a more important event and they have yet to give us a E-ticket attraction that is made from scratch. Now if they would have brought back the subs or started working on them I would of been satisfied. But what they are doing is blasphemy giving the other parks more rides and stuff for Disneyland's birthday. It really is a sham and Walt is probably turning in his grave because of Eisners leeching off of this event to plug WDW and all of the other resorts.

daannzzz
01-14-2005, 07:38 AM
If indeed they are not putting more full service restaurants in Disneyland because they want us to go to Downtown Disney...well...it doesn't work on me. I would be happy to pay for a full service meal in a fun restaurant inside Disneyland. I do not substitute a walk over to DTD. Perhaps others do and that is why they see no need to add any full service to DL.

RStar
01-14-2005, 12:41 PM
It is funny because they could make the 50th so much more if they would do little things like bringing back TT. It really would help the horrible plans that are in place for the 50th.

You know, I've thought about that. If at least during the summer they brought back some of the fun little things like serving Mint Julips on the Mark Twain and have the jazz band on it. Bring back some of the other food and drink items, like if the brought back the TT they would serve the Jungle Punch. Even if all they do is "mock-up" the area to make it look like the terrace durring the 50th and staff it some of the time, or make it a dinner theater like the Aladdin's Oasis did.

englishdisneylandfan
01-14-2005, 02:16 PM
the show is really fun. I am dissapointed that taihitan terrace is not returning but the storytelling is good and is attracts loads of families. If the Plaza is returning as a restaurant then i can see why they didnt want to bring back another restaurant.