PDA

View Full Version : Vacation Planning Info: Birthdays, Baskets, Tours incl. menu

vegasmommytoDL
01-12-2005, 04:00 PM
I emailed Disneyland Resort Vacation Planning and I got some good information.... I also got some WRONG information.

I sent a follow up email to them and they admitted they need to make some changes. I asked about the dining prices since I keep getting quoted $27.25 for Adults and $14.80 for Children. Their reply was "The prices for Character Dining are both correct, ours does not include tax or gratuity, sorry for the confusion there." ALso, The "Red Carpet Experience" Tour is now the "Welcome To Disneyland" Tour and they said they are updating their info.

Here is the email:
Subject:Re: Price Lists
From:"Disneyland Resort Vacation Planning" <vacationplanning@disneyonline.com>

Dear Julia,
Thank you for your e-mail! We are certain that you and your family will have a magical time here at the Disneyland Resort this summer! Follows is some general information of what we can assist you with in the near future! (Most plans can be made starting at 60 days in advance.)

Baskets and Amenities
Amenities
We can offer you everything from Chocolate Covered Strawberries to that favorite bottle of wine. We even have cookies featuring a somewhat famous mouse-face! If you can think it up, we can make it happen for you.

Baskets
Vacation Planning is proud to offer a brand new line of magically themed baskets specially designed to make that certain someone smile. Please contact your Vacation Planning team to help get you started. Our baskets start at $28 and go up from there. There is always the possibility of a custom basket to be made for your daughter. We would just need to know what you are looking for, her favorite characters and the time to make it happen. The cost for a custom basket it the cost of the merchandise plus $30. We can discuss this in more detail over the phone a few weeks prior to your visit.
*A note about baskets and amenities. Deliveries are generally made between 4 and 5 PM on the day of arrival. If replacement items are necessary in our pre-made baskets, equivalent items will be used.

"My Disneyland Birthday Party" at the Plaza Inn
Join us in celebrating birthday Magic at this unique experience featuring our resident baker, Pat E. Cake. Each Guest will receive a mini cake to decorate with icing and sprinkles. At the show's conclusion, Mickey and Minnie Mouse will make an appearance to acknowledge our Guest's having birthdays by posing for photos and signing autographs! (Valid Disneyland Park admission is required to enjoy this experience.)
Cost: $10 per Guest
Show Length: 40-45 minutes
For show times and to make Priority Seating arrangements, call Vacation
Planning at 714-300-PLAN, option 2.

Character Dining
Make your time with us even more memorable! The Disneyland Resort has four dining locations that offer Character Breakfasts and two restaurants that serve lunch and dinner in the presence of our Disney favorites!

Character Breakfasts:
Lilo & Stitch Aloha Breakfast at the PCH Grill, Paradise Pier Hotel Goofy's Kitchen at the Disneyland Hotel "Happy Campers Breakfast" at Storyteller's Cafe, Grand Californian Hotel, with Chip n' Dale and Pluto. A Disney Princess Breakfast at the Plaza Inn with Cinderella, her Fairy Godmother and a delightful host of Disney royals. Miss Minnie and Chef Goofy feature a fabulous buffet breakfast. Storyteller's Cafe offers the option of Buffet or Menu service (prices vary for menu items). (Disneyland Park admission required to visit the Plaza Inn.)
Cost: Adult (12+): $21.99
Child (3-11): $11.99
Infant (0-2): $3.00

Lunch & Dinner with Character!
The Character adventure continues at Goofy's Kitchen and Ariel's Grotto. Can't get enough of that talented Chef Goofy? Well he delights us with his unique creations for lunch and dinner as well. In addition, just inside Disney's California Adventure park, Ariel plays host to her very own restaurant right on the water. Lunch and dinner are available at this exciting dining location from under the sea! (Valid Disney's California Adventure park admission is required to visit Ariel's Grotto.)
Ariel's Grotto
Cost: Adult (12+): $13.99(L)/ $18.99(D)
Child (3-11): $10.99(L) / $11.99(D)
Goofy's Kitchen (Buffet Service)
Cost: Adult (12+): $19.99(L)/$27.99(D)
Child (3-11): $10.99(L&D)
Infant (0-2): Free

Disney Dining
Save your self time and hassle by arranging your Priority Seating times for some of the Disneyland Resort's most popular table-service restaurants. (Priority Seating means that your party will be seated at the first available table that meets your needs.) Vacation Planning can make advance bookings up to 60 days prior for restaurants at Disneyland, Disney's California Adventure, Downtown Disney, Disneyland Hotel, Disney's Grand Californian Hotel and Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel.
**Requests for certain tables or views will be gladly taken but are based on availability. All restaurants located inside Disney's California Adventure or Disneyland Park require park admission for dining.

The "Red Carpet Experience" Tour The "Red Carpet Experience" is designed for Guests that would like to explore the "Whole New World" that's happening right now at the Disneyland Resort. Your 2 1/2 hour journey begins exploring Walt Disney's original Magic Kingdom, seeing first hand how Walt's dream became a reality. Then it's off to our newest park, Disney's California Adventure; including a taste of Downtown Disney with a glimpse of the Disneyland Hotels.
Along the way your guide will share many of the Guest Services to help make the most of your visit - such as Disney's FASTPASS®. You'll even receive (2) bonus Disney's FASTPASS® to our some of our most popular attractions to enjoy after your tour. With so many highlights to experience along the way it might be hard to decide what to do next! That's why we saved the best for last... VIP viewing of Disney's Aladdin - A Musical Spectacular." Your magic carpet awaits!
Highlights:
Two attractions while on tour
"Free" FASTPASS® for two attractions to enjoy after tour
A pin trading lanyard and two "starter" pins
VIP viewing for Disney's Aladdin- A Musical Spectacular
A sample of something sweet at "Marceline's" in Downtown Disney
Details:
Guests may book this tour up to 30 days in advance by calling Guest Services at 714-781-4400.
Each tour has a limited availability of 15-20 spaces per tour
Tour length is approximately 2½ hours
Price: $25 per person

"A Walk in Walt's Footsteps" Tour The life and lore of the man behind the magic of Disneyland is shared with our Guests on this unique experience. Our official Disneyland storytellers take Guests through Walt Disney's original theme park with tales of the challenges, hard work, excitement, and fun that went into creating everything we associate with the name, and the man, Walt Disney, today including our cartoons, movies, and world famous theme parks.
Highlights:
A private visit to Disneyland's first Audio-Animatronics show, Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room
A ride on the Disneyland Railroad
And a private lunch on the patio of the Disney Gallery
A collectible trading pin (exclusive to Tour Guests)
Details:
Guests may book this tour before they arrive at the Disneyland Resort by calling our Guest Services at 714-781-4400.
The tour may be booked up to three months in advance Each tour has a limited availability of 15 spaces per tour. The lunch at the Disney Gallery is included in the tour price and the menu is a set menu. There are no substitutions for menu items.
Price: $49 per person
Menu Options:
Chili Corn Bread Souffle (A Walt's Favorite!)
Home style chili, cheddar cheese and corn bread souffle
Greek Salad (vegetarian option)
Romaine chopped, cucumber, red and green bell peppers, red onion, tomatoes, olives and a hint of parsley topped with fetta cheese and Italian dressing.
Cobb Salad
Iceberg mixed with romaine, tomato, blue cheese crumbles, bacon,egg, and smoked juliane chicken breast served with Ranch Dressing.
Turkey and Bacon Cheddar Croissant
Honey smoked turkey breast, bacon, green leaf lettuce, tomato, cheese, mustard, mayonnaise all on a buttery croissant.
Hawaiian Chicken Salad Sandwich with Egg and Bacon on a Croissant
Albacore Salad Sandwich
Albacore mix, green leaf lettuce, tomato, dill pickle chip on a buttery croissant
Roast Beef with Cheddar Cheese on a Croissant
Roast beef, cheddar cheese, green leaf lettuce, tomato on a buttery croissant
All menu items are served with a beverage (Coke, Diet Coke, Sprite or bottled water) and a "Walt's' favorite" for dessert.

Discover the Magic (family interactive experience)
Got Magic? "Discover the Magic" of Disneyland Park on a fun filled, high energy experience for kids and kids at heart! Throughout the 3 hour interactive experience you'll follow musical clues to solve mysteries, hunt for hidden treasure, outsmart tricky Villains, meet a Disney Princess, and help save the day! This unique guided tour experience is designed for the entire family. The goal of the tour is to provide a unique, interactive experience that immerses the Guests in the fantasy and adventure of Disney. Using Disneyland Park as our stage, or playground, we re promoting the idea that Disneyland is a community where the Disney characters actually live and play. True to the spirit of Disneyland, the tour provides an opportunity for parents and children to have fun together.
Discover the Magic Tour Lunch
Keeping the theme in mind that everyone in attendance is a child at heart and that this tour is primarily geared to children Rancho Del Zocalo will serve all our tour Guests meals in a Cooked Up Comics Box. The Children will choose from a burrito or chicken nugget meal and the Adults will choose from our two-taco menu.
Child's Cooked Up Comics Meals include:
"Chicken Nuggets served with Frontier French fries and a child's drink with a special straw "Bean & Cheese Burrito served with tortilla chips, queso cheese sauce for dipping, Fruit by the Foot snack and a child s drink with a special straw.
Adult Meals include:
"Choice of Steak, or Chicken tacos with rice and beans and a soft drink with a special straw in a Cooked Up Comics box
Duration: 3.0 hours
Cost: $49 per person
Entitlements: Each Guest receives a lunch snack w/ drink and a special gift.
Restrictions: Recommended for families with children ages 5-9. Strollers are not recommended.

VIP Tours
Disney's VIP Tour Services enables Guests to experience the Disneyland® Resort in a new and care free way. Imagine discovering all the magic and adventure awaiting Guests at either Disneyland® Resort theme parks, with a VIP Tour Guide as their personal ambassador. VIP Tour Guides will customize their visit through special seating for parades, select live stage shows and the distinct variety of restaurants around the Disneyland® Resort. Professional and knowledgeable VIP Tour Guides will also share insight and experience throughout the tour. One VIP Tour Guide can host up to ten (10) Guests. If the party size is larger than ten (10), an additional VIP Tour Guide will be provided at an additional cost. Cancellations: Advance notice of 48 hours is required to avoid a cancellation fee equal to two (2) hours at the booked rate per VIP Tour Guide.
Tour Length: 4 Hour minimum
Tour Price: $75 per hour/per guide

Disney's Electrical Parade
See Disney's Electrical Parade in a whole new light, with exclusive premium viewing at Disney's California Adventure" park! Disney's Electrical Parade Premium Viewing is held at the Golden Vine Winery hosted by Robert Mondavi. The special meal offering is shown below "Wine Country Family Picnic": Featuring fresh baked goods, artisan cheese, meats, and olives complemented with sweets and a glass of award-winning Robert Mondavi wine in a souvenir glass. "Country Kids:" Fresh turkey or peanut butter and jelly sandwich, veggie sticks and a fresh baked cookie.
$49.75 Adults
$39.75 Children (ages 3-9)

Fantasmic!
On the Rivers of America, Mickey and friends fight a nighttime battle against Disney's most villainous Characters. The music, pyrotechnics, stunts, water-bound floats, and laser-projected images keep you spellbound. You can now watch Fantasmic! from two special seating areas where the view is as spectacular as the show!
Fantasmic! Balcony Viewing
Reserved patio seating upstairs at Disney Gallery includes a dessert buffet.
$49.75 All ages
Fantasmic! Premium Viewing
Seat with premium viewing Dessert Buffet.
$49.75 Adults
$39.75 Children (ages 3-9)

Let us know if we can assist you with anything else. We offer a wonderful line of Disney-themed baskets available exclusively through Vacation Planning. Call 714-300-PLAN, option 2 for details. Many of our Guests choose these for special occasions or simply to commemorate their time with us!

Best regards,
Your Vacation Planning Team
Disneyland Resort

Wesley815
01-12-2005, 04:38 PM
www.disneyland.com has all the up-to-date info already posted there. A little easier then having to go back and forth through e-mail.

vegasmommytoDL
01-12-2005, 05:29 PM
www.disneyland.com has all the up-to-date info already posted there. A little easier then having to go back and forth through e-mail.

Well.... If you can find where it tells me the price for baskets, the price for birthday parties, price for Fantasia and Electrical Parade seating, or the menu's for the Tours then I'd be shocked... why... because I LOOKED. If you have links to these things on the disnyland.com site then by all means show me. Otherwise, I don't appreciate feeling insulted, and you obviosly don't know as much as you think you do. :crying:
I was just trying to pass on helpful info.... last I read on these boards the custom shopping price was $20 now they say its $30... the email does have useful info.

And one thing I WOULD like to point out.... is that the CM mentions the "base" price for the character meals and that the price difference is tax and gratuity...... So I suppose that means NO TIP ON THE TABLE AT CHARACTER MEALS??? Good thing to know since I probably would have left one! :|

disney jones
01-12-2005, 07:44 PM
i appreciated the post, there's a lot of information in there i hadn't seen before! :)

mousey_girl
01-12-2005, 11:49 PM
And one thing I WOULD like to point out.... is that the CM mentions the "base" price for the character meals and that the price difference is tax and gratuity...... So I suppose that means NO TIP ON THE TABLE AT CHARACTER MEALS??? Good thing to know since I probably would have left one! :|

The tip is included. No tip for Plaza Inn since you help yourself.
I will also tip extra when I have had great service. Our last 2 visits we have had the same waitress at Goofy's. She remembered The Boy and myself (one trip w/hubby the other w/my mom). She kept teasing me about staying longer than 5 mins (since that was how long it took Hubby to inhale his food and want to leave). She has a "WHATEVAHHHHHH" contest with The Boy. We never have to flag her down for a beverage refill. For service like that I will leave $10 (to add to the tip included in the price).

We have also used VP twice for baskets. They are great. Expect a min. charge of @ $100 for whatever you choose. Also VP is the only way to go to order F! tickets for the balcony.

CrazyTrain
01-13-2005, 08:33 AM
It IS good to have it all in one place. :)

shawnarae
07-30-2005, 08:33 PM
Now that it has been 6 months since this thread was started I am wondering if many Padders have done these tours and their opinions. I want to do the Red Carpet Tour and Walk in Walts Footsteps Tour if they are worth the $$$.

I liked this thread and having all this info in 1 spot last Jan when it was started. Now I am thinking about the tours for my Oct trip & thought I'd bump this to get some info without starting a new thread.....

hlbtimes2
07-30-2005, 08:45 PM
I didnt notice until the last post that the first post was 6 months old. I was really confused! I couldnt figure out why some of the info was wrong (f! prices, Ariel is not at Ariels (although I understand she is back now), etc). Its too bad its not easier to get this info from Disney, with out having to do it through emails.

shawnarae
07-30-2005, 08:50 PM
I didnt notice until the last post that the first post was 6 months old. I was really confused! I couldnt figure out why some of the info was wrong (f! prices, Ariel is not at Ariels (although I understand she is back now), etc). Its too bad its not easier to get this info from Disney, with out having to do it through emails.

Oh My...I did not even read that part about the dining! I was looking at the tours specifically.....this will probably cause confusion...I should have started a thread asking about tour opinions. Sorry! Maybe the original poster will go in & update?

CrazyMouse
07-30-2005, 09:33 PM
Just want to correct you about the FANTASMIC! Balcony seating is $56.00 per head. I made my reservation through Disneyland vacations for August.