PDA

View Full Version : Mickey's Shining Calvacade...

GoldenEars
01-12-2005, 11:46 AM
I'm going to Disneyland this afternoon and was wondering if anyone has seen Mickey Mouse's Shining Calvacade and what they thought of it? I know it's not a parade, but I did hear it's more than just a regular calvacade too. But what's really COOL is that I hear they play the finale song from *One Mans Dream* in the calvacade!! And anyone who has ever seen that fabulous stage show that Disneyland did for their 35th Anniversary, you'll know what I'm talking about! :D

Patrick

Uncle Remus
01-12-2005, 01:21 PM
heres some pictures from dldhistory he posts his weekly/daily pictures on the forums. http://www.dldhistory.com/gallery.asp?Tab=Disneyland&Page=119&Current=282&ID=5

o0JustOneDream0o
01-12-2005, 02:31 PM
I should have a video of the Calvalcade on my site sometime today or tomorrow.

www.justonedream.com (http://www.justonedream.com)

Darkbeer
01-12-2005, 05:41 PM
Took photos of it today.... short, but good. It is going down the entire parade route, including having to go thru the narrow area near the Matterhorn (repavement project).

Just one car (carrying the Princesses, since it is hard to walk in those dresses), and one small float (the staircase) that has also been used at DCA carrying Mickey and his friends.

GoldenEars
01-12-2005, 07:24 PM
Thanks to all my MousePad friends who replied to my post and sent links, I really appreciate it. I was able to see the 3pm calvacade today and was thrilled with it! I know, I may be over doing my enthusiasm a bit, but I don't care, LOL!

What really made me happy was hearing the theme song, *Shining Star* being blasted through the speakers...it was great! Very up-beat and something that really captured my attention! And unlike other calvacades in the past, this one has dancers in it...cute ones too! :p Plus I like the idea of so many characters in it, especially the face characters!! It really made me feel good inside to see something that was so up-beat and exciting, even if the calvacade is rather short (but longer than previous ones).

If I had to compare this calvacade to POTS, I'd say the calvacade is so much better to watch! It's definitely not boring and it just makes you feel really good inside to see something simple, yet effective! It kinda makes you feel like a kid again. :)

I hope the new parade that begins on May 5th is exciting and has some up-beat music to it! That was my biggest complaint with POTS, the music was too slow and boring for a parade. Let's hope, *Parade of Dreams* is something that will blow our minds away!!

TikiGeek
01-12-2005, 07:35 PM
...I may be over doing my enthusiasm a bit, but I don't care, LOL!

Don't worry, you can't over do it ;). Man, I can't wait to see it!- is the music good? - did it have "One man's dream"? Is it up to the "Disney"standards?

GoldenEars
01-12-2005, 08:15 PM
HeeHee...thanks, TikiGeek for letting me go on and on about it! And yes, the music is awesome. But the only song the calvacade plays is the finale from *One Mans Dream*, which is *Shining Star*. Hearing that song burst out of those speakers on Main Street is such an exciting feeling! And again, for those who have ever seen *One Mans Dream*, you'll know exactly what I'm talking about with that *Shining Star* song! :D

o0JustOneDream0o
01-13-2005, 01:11 AM
For all who are still waiting to see the cavalcade I now have video of it up on my site under the "Entertainment" section... Enjoy!