PDA

View Full Version : Single Favorite Spot in the park

Pages : [1] 2 3

Lekta
01-12-2005, 11:45 AM
What is your favorite spot or a spot that you find the most interesting in the whole park? Why is it so special to you?

My favorite spot is the Hollywood Backlot area as you are walking to ToT, where it looks like the road goes on and on. It is just so interesting to look at. Well, that would be my favorite spot in DCA.

As for my favorite DL area, this is a toughie, but I think that I would go with Mainstreet. I would choose that because it is always the first spot you see when you enter the park, full of joy and anticipating a fantastic day!

How about you?

BTW, can we post pics on posts for reference?

Thank you all kindly and have a magical day!

disneyperson
01-12-2005, 12:23 PM
That's a toughie, I'm very fond of the coca cola corner in the evening. Listening to Rod Miller and watching the parade of people pass by.

Captain Josh
01-12-2005, 12:24 PM
The spot next to the Jungle Cruise river on the way out from Indy....and the truck.

Niwel
01-12-2005, 12:30 PM
The area right before the enterance to the tunnel at Disneyland, the lobby of the Animation Building in DCA and Snow White's Grotto (see sig.)

Tinkerbelle923
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
New Orleans Square (all of it,) but specificly in front of Piece of Eight(?) where you can see everythin all around, the best theming in the park. IMO.
best time of day for that spot, early in the day before the crowds take over, so peaceful and elegant. I love it.

CrazyTrain
01-12-2005, 12:37 PM
My fave spot in DL is on the teacups, spinning around. That's where I have the most fun! :D

In DCA, um, hmm, I don't know.

Gouru
01-12-2005, 12:53 PM
Downstairs at the hungry bear, next to the water, feeding the ducks.

disney jones
01-12-2005, 12:55 PM
right when i hop onto a ship at the beginning of the Peter Pan ride and enter the bedroom. "Here we goooooo!"

mystycalchyk
01-12-2005, 12:57 PM
Hmmm...I would have to go with sitting in Cafe Orleans in NOS, sipping a mint julip and people watching, and just .....being there.

In DCA? The Animation building,sitting on a couch and just...being there.

calguy77
01-12-2005, 01:08 PM
I just like to sit on a bench and watch people walk around, just be in the enviorment. Usually do this in each land.

jetkitten
01-12-2005, 01:09 PM
In DCA it would be on the couch in the animation building. At DL by the water at the hungry bear restuant feeding the wood duck. He's so pretty

DCA Dot
01-12-2005, 01:10 PM
My favorites are Main Sreet and the hub with all of the great sights and smells and everyone bustling around no matter what time of year it is. Ofcourse, another favorite is NOS either down by the river or the HM or up around the shops.

olegc
01-12-2005, 01:14 PM
On main street - the porch next to China Closet if it's available. If not - stand in the doorway of Market House...

In NOS - the small bench outside of the new pin store - listening to the jazz trio. maybe coffee. It's very satisfying to fell like you're in new orleans, without really being there. That's Disney magic.

Oh - BONUS - at Christmas time, either on the trian station veranda looking out over Town Square - or in front of Small World Holiday at night. nice...

Uncle Remus
01-12-2005, 01:17 PM
The top of chickapin hill.

dlandnut
01-12-2005, 01:32 PM
DL: RiverBelle Terrace, outside on the side by the water, watching the Mark Twain come around the corner, blowin' its whistle

CA: Near tortilla flats, love the smells and sights

Downtown Disney: Inside Sephora (love that store)

Disneyland Hotel: Inside the lobby, when I'm FIRST checking in, because I'm there, I'm really there, and my fun is just BEGINNING; unfortunately it's almost my least fun place when I'm CHECKING OUT, because it's over until the next time! :crying:

:)

disney jones
01-12-2005, 02:06 PM
oh, another one - comin' around the bend on the ROA into Frontierland in a Davy Crockett Explorer Canoe.

DCA: the very top of the Maliboomer, when you keep going up even though your seat has stopped facing northeast to see both parks and the snow capped San Gabirel, San Bernandino, and San Jacinto mountains.

rentayenta
01-12-2005, 02:06 PM
I know I am alone in my love for IASW but I love being in the boat, right as it passes under the bridge. Pure bliss for moi.

mad4mky
01-12-2005, 02:08 PM
I like the far corner over by the Harbour Galley. It's kinda out of the way...quiet...and you can check out the action around ROA and N O Square. :D

At DCA...like Niwel...I could sit inside the main area of the Animation Building for hours. :)

MammaSilva
01-12-2005, 02:11 PM
I gave this a lot of thought....in Disneyland...it would have to be in the Court of Angels.....lots of reasons for this...but it's just awesome there...it's as if you can feel Walts spirit almost.

Over at DCA........ON Soaring as it's flying thru the air....it's my favorite attraction in that entire park.

01-12-2005, 02:16 PM
Another vote for the Cafe d'Orleans, right by the sparkly shop.

Ottmar
01-12-2005, 02:18 PM
My area would have to be the balcony at the Disney Gallery in the middle of the day. Surprisingly there are usually very few people there and it's great to watch the boats on the ROA and watch the crowds while at the same time feeling removed from it all.

SallySkellington
01-12-2005, 02:20 PM
I love every area of the park! But if I had to pick just one, it would have to be the stretching room in Haunted Mansion Holiday. It's just magical. :)

Captain Josh
01-12-2005, 02:56 PM
also:

The lobby of the Grand Californian on a cold evening with the fireplace

the "courtyard" of the Hollywood Tower Hotel, just standing there, looking up at the people...

the hidden courtyards in New Orleans Square.

disneyhound
01-12-2005, 02:58 PM
DL: Main street definitely! Why hasn't anyone offered the mind-numbing experience that is Innoventions! hummm...

DCA: Grizzly River Run area. Once again, no one has suggested strolling along the boardwalk, enveloped in that pathetic feel of the carnival game area. Aaahh, brings a tear to my eye just thinking about it... :D

CoasterChickie
01-12-2005, 03:13 PM
There are going to be a bunch of us sharing those benches inside the Animation building. I love to sit there and watch the entire loop.

In Disneyland, I love being smushed in a Matterhorn bobsled with my hubby or one of my kids. That's when I feel like I'm really at DL. It's usually the first and last ride I go on if I have my choice.