PDA

View Full Version : May 5 2005... crowded?

Xclipse129
01-12-2005, 10:07 AM
Ive been to DL on christmas and on thanksgiving holiday. I know how crowded it gets..but im planning to bring my family on May 5..for the 50th celebration i was wondering how bad do you guys think it will be..It is in the middle of the week..so im thinking only die hard disney fans willbe there. In short all of us in here..hahaaha. Any input, suggestions, or comments. Thanks :D

Darkbeer
01-12-2005, 10:15 AM
Ive been to DL on christmas and on thanksgiving holiday. I know how crowded it gets..but im planning to bring my family on May 5..for the 50th celebration i was wondering how bad do you guys think it will be..It is in the middle of the week..so im thinking only die hard disney fans willbe there. In short all of us in here..hahaaha. Any input, suggestions, or comments. Thanks :D

My guess, about 40,000 will attend, over twice the weekday off-season number, but not a "sellout"...But it will be busy...

July 17th, on the other hand, being a Sunday in Peak Season, get in line early, because I do think thet Disneyland will hit capacity

Xclipse129
01-12-2005, 10:20 AM
thanks darkbeer. whats on july 17th? I cant really remmeber if anythingis going on that day.
((did a serch))
Well it looks like thats the rumored date..has that been confirmed for the opening day of space mountain? ill take off work fo that day too..hahaha :p

nursemelis374
01-12-2005, 10:28 AM
July 17th is the actual 50th anniversary date.

Darkbeer
01-12-2005, 05:36 PM
I still don't expect Space Mountain to be open by July 17th (though it MIGHT), my educated guess is August or September....

And as mentioned before, July 17th is the actual date of the 50th BD, May 5th, 2005 is a marketing date (05-05-05) to start the event prior to summer, and will be the main Media event. A smaller event should happen on July 17th at DL.

Saratoga75
01-13-2005, 12:42 AM
I agree with Darkbeer on his guess of the space mountain re-opening of August or September. Of course i would love to have it opened earlier, we've all been waiting a while now, but i just dont see it happening.

Xclipse129
01-14-2005, 03:31 PM
GEESH I shouldve know that.. well im going with the media hype and come in on May 5th. If its too crowded well go home.. we only live 10 mins away ..ahahaha and well come agian on july 17th... But thanks veryone for your reply :D

Jwebbal
04-27-2005, 01:33 PM
While at the park yesterday the captain of the Mark Twain spoke that they are thinking the park will close to more guests at 1:00? What does this mean? So a soft close means that only those with handstamps get in, what are the other two kinds?

sediment
04-27-2005, 01:40 PM
I'm guessing pretty crowded. Lots of guests at the rope-drop, and then more AP holders stopping in after work to see the fireworks. Fireworks Nights will be busy for a few weeks.

HorizonsA
04-27-2005, 01:46 PM
I think it would be in your best interest, that when you enter Disneyland that day, i highly suggest staying in the Park. Don't bother going to DCA, Disneyland's more important. Once I enter the park that day, the main entrance is off limits for me! -And the Monorail.

Viva La Disney
04-27-2005, 02:20 PM
Or you can do like that one kid and just camp out on Tom Sawyer Island untill the 5 :D

wenderella
04-28-2005, 07:51 AM
We were there this last weekend and I overheard a Cast Member say that he has heard many guests say that they are going to "camp out". I'm not sure how Disney feels about this, but it can't be a good sign.

Photographer
04-28-2005, 09:04 AM
My friends and I are planning to get there around 6:30 AM. They've got APs and I need to buy tickets. We figure the park will hit capacity so we're staying in DL all day.

bradk
04-28-2005, 09:28 AM
isn't july 17th blocked-out? they'll need to buy blockout passes themselves.

my unsage advice to AP holders for those who need to do it is - rather than pay $30 for the blockout pass, splurge a little more and buy a 1 day, 1 park ticket in advance for $23 more.

sediment
04-28-2005, 10:05 AM
isn't july 17th blocked-out? they'll need to buy blockout passes themselves.

Not for PAP's.

bradk
04-28-2005, 10:11 AM
ah.. fair enough. silly PAPs.

cstephens
04-28-2005, 10:12 AM
Once I enter the park that day, the main entrance is off limits for me! -And the Monorail.

The monorail would be ok as long as you don't get off at DTD. It might actually be fun to ride and see the hordes of people.

spectromen
04-28-2005, 10:28 AM
I plan to park at my hotel and WALK to the entrance. I can't even imagine what the parking garage is going to look like!

Darkbeer
04-28-2005, 12:02 PM
The monorail would be ok as long as you don't get off at DTD. It might actually be fun to ride and see the hordes of people.

On busy days, Disney converts the Monorail to one-way only service, so that someone who wants to ride round trip has to get off the Monorail at DtD, and while not leaving the gates, still has to go down the stairs, then right back up them and get in line with those who have entered from the DtD entrance.

This to allow those folks who are Disney hotel guests to get to the park, instead of waiting a long time.

Another trick that Disney does, especially early in the day, is to not place a full load on the Monorail in Tomorrowland, but leave a couple of cars empty, so that folks can load at the DtD station. This is done on slower (but still somewhat busy) days.

I would check at the Tomorrowland Monorail station turnstyles prior to boarding, they usually post a sign that states they are running only one-way service. You can also ask the CM if the park gates have been closed to re-entry.

dingdong2U
04-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I'm still not sure if I'll be able to head to the park on May 5th because of my schedule (ironically enough my annual pass expires on May 5th as well) but does anyone know what time the Ticket Booths open up normally and what time they may open up on May 5th because of all the festivities?

Also, can I go to Guest Services and renew my pass when I'm there or can I only go to the Ticket Booths to take care of it on that day? Normally I would do it by mail but because its so late in the game I'll have to renew in person.

Any comments are appreciated... Maybe I'll see some of you other Padders there that day... :-)

bradk
04-28-2005, 01:18 PM
if your expiration date is may 5, you should be able to enter the park with it.

katya
04-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Maybe I'll see some of you other Padders there that day... :-)

Besides the tour, are there any other sort of MousePad meetups planned for the 5th? It'd be a hoot to meet some of y'all!

Darkbeer
04-28-2005, 01:28 PM
I'm still not sure if I'll be able to head to the park on May 5th because of my schedule (ironically enough my annual pass expires on May 5th as well) but does anyone know what time the Ticket Booths open up normally and what time they may open up on May 5th because of all the festivities?

Also, can I go to Guest Services and renew my pass when I'm there or can I only go to the Ticket Booths to take care of it on that day? Normally I would do it by mail but because its so late in the game I'll have to renew in person.

Any comments are appreciated... Maybe I'll see some of you other Padders there that day... :-)

If you are renewing your AP, yes, you can go to the Guest Services windows, and since they can print AP's, you can get it done in one stop!