PDA

View Full Version : AP discount for DLR hotels

JosieGirl71
01-11-2005, 05:25 PM
I just got off the phone with hotel reservations and was inquiring about AP rates for December, 2005. I was told that there are no special AP rates yet (they are published usually only a month or so in advance) but that AP holders get 10% off.

However, all the prices she quoted me were HIGHER than the rates published on the Disneyland website if you click on the hotel section and then rates. When I explained this to the operator and wondered why it wasn't 10% off the rate listed on their website, I was told that if the rates are cheaper on the website, I should reserve my room through that.

What the heck??

calguy77
01-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Usually you get more than 10% off. I just went to Disneyland January 6-9th and I payed 99 a night. I got the rates in november, so it was actually about two month before my time. Just be patient and keep calling.

Darkbeer
01-11-2005, 06:10 PM
Don't forget that MouseSavers.com keeps track of all the different types of DIsney hotel specials....

disneynut
01-11-2005, 07:57 PM
They do usually put out the ap rates about 6 or 8 weeks beforehand. Like calguy, we're staying at the DLH for $99/night at the end of the month. The rate was about $20 higher for the Friday night stay. Make sure once you see the published ap rates, you book because they only hold so many rooms at that rate. I've also been told that they don't publish them further in advance because they aren't sure if they are going to give the discount or not for that month.

Just theorizing~There may be a price discrepancy between the operator and the website because they could be raising their hotel prices for the 50th anniversary and it hasn't been updated on the web yet. Disneyland.com isn't known for its accuracy.

Good luck with the room.:)