PDA

View Full Version : Gathering at a DL Hotel

rc19
01-11-2005, 03:00 PM
Hi-

I'm thinking about getting a suite at either the Disneyland Hotel or the Grand Californian for a post-day-at-the-park gathering.

1. Can I get pizza delivered by an off-site restaurant to the hotel?

2. If not, is there a place that can "cater" that's on-site? 15-20 people may stop by the suite.

3. How late does the Mickey & Friends structure stay open? If people leave my room at 2am, will they be able to get their cars?

Thanks in advance,
rc

iAmJacksDLand
01-11-2005, 09:55 PM
Answers to your questions:

1. Yes of course pizza can be delivered from an off-site restaurant!

2. The Grand Californian has 24 hour room service, and select catering services (platters, baskets, etc.) that can be done when discussed in advance. The Disneyland Hotel also has catering services like this, but I believe they have more limited room service hours.

3. The Mickey and Friends structure stays open late, but it depends on what time the parks closes. Technically, Downtown Disney is open until 2am... even though nothing is rarely ever open till that time. In order for Disney to allow exiting park guests to enjoy Downtown Disney, I would imagine you could stay parked until about 3am without any problems. However, right across the street from the entrance of the Grand Californian's Porte Corche is a parking lot that services the Paradise Pier and Disneyland Hotel. Your guests can repark here at the end of the night if need be. Just explain to the cast member that they are visiting a guest of the hotel and dining. They'll give them a ticket. Usually, past about 11pm, an attendent will be gone, and the gate will be raised - no charge for parking. Technically your guests can't stay overnight in this lot, but there is no time in which it is stated you must leave. I would think 2 or 3 am would be acceptable. You might also talk to whichever hotels front desk you end up booking at to see if your guests can use the official hotel parking or even valet if they mention your room number and last name.

And by the way... I'm so JEALOUS!

TribeFan
01-12-2005, 07:37 AM
Just an FYI:

The Disneyland hotels frown on "gatherings" in hotel rooms. Especially 15-20 people until 2 am. If there arey ANY complaints, security will ask your non-registered guest to leave.

Don't count on someone NOT being at the parking gate. If there is a late meeting in the convention area, they can be there late. It's $6 an hour to park in the hotel self parking and just saying that you were visiting someone at the hotel does not get you free parking.

Hope I did not rain on your parade. Just wanted you to be prepared.

Stupid_American
01-12-2005, 07:51 AM
Answers to your questions:

1. Yes of course pizza can be delivered from an off-site restaurant!

But, not to the rooms.
You'll have to pick it up downstairs.

Tambour
01-12-2005, 11:10 AM
You know... each hotel has a great set of rooms set aside for just such a gathering. When my family visited from out of town during the holidays (22 people) we had a little trip wrap-up dinner in the Wisteria room at the Grand Californian. It was catered by the hotel and was really great.

I wasn't staying at the hotel so I really don't know if there would be a major cost difference between this and getting a suite.

The number to find out how much is costs is 714-956-6556. A CM takes your info then somebody calls you back in like 15 minutes.

It was wonderful for us… so maybe give it a thought.