PDA

View Full Version : Birthdays at DL

brerbear77
01-11-2005, 07:07 AM
I am wondering if anyone knows what kind of Birthday celebrations they have at the park for guests. My friend and I are going over her b-day and I would like to do something fun for her. Any suggestions or know what goes on? Thanks. :)

stan4d_steph
01-11-2005, 08:09 AM
I would suggest searching this forum for "birthday." You'll find a ton of information that's been posted previously.

Easiest thing to do: get a free birthday sticker at City Hall and wear it around the parks. She'll get a lot of birthday greetings from CMs.

mystycalchyk
01-11-2005, 08:12 AM
Easiest thing to do: get a free birthday sticker at City Hall and wear it around the parks. She'll get a lot of birthday greetings from CMs.

Yup....hubby does this every year. All the CM's will say Happy Birthday. The best was when we were walking in Adventureland, on the right side of the pathway leading into the land, and a CM standing in front of the fruit stand on the other side screamed across the way "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!"

How he managed to see that sticker when there were a gabillion people milling around is still a mystery to me. :confused: Oh and BTW this was last week on the 2nd ;)

rentayenta
01-11-2005, 08:40 AM
check out cstephens site. www.colddeadfish.net

She has all kinds of good info.

cstephens
01-11-2005, 10:35 AM
Thanks! BTW, here's a direct link to the birthday page (http://www.colddeadfish.net/dlr/dlrbirthdays.html).

CrazyTrain
01-11-2005, 10:45 AM
And thanks for that great page, Cstephens! :D

Walt'sbirthdaygirl
01-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Plaza Inn Birthday party is pretty fun, and fairly humiliating if you participate as an adult.

Pammer
01-11-2005, 01:59 PM
Plaza Inn Birthday party is pretty fun, and fairly humiliating if you participate as an adult.
YEP!!! Walt'sbirthdaygirl and I were humiliated together last month! :D

(But it was a hoot!)

brerbear77
01-12-2005, 06:20 AM
Thanks so much. Your site was very helpful. :D

mikala
01-12-2005, 08:35 PM
In November we had a 4 day, 45 person celebration for my 1 year old niece. (Yeah, I know. Alot for a one year old.) It was great. We had a couple of parties for her, one is at the Plaza Inn, super fun, with pic opportunities, a conga line and more, and also a character party at Goofy's kitchen, and a luncheon party at Storyteller's. We had wonderful help from a dining lead at 714-781-dine. Have a wonderful time. How we will top her birthday next year, I have no idea.. ;)

CrazyTrain
01-13-2005, 08:36 AM
how far in advance should you get resrvations for the Plaza Inn Party?

MrsPooh
01-13-2005, 08:39 AM

Oh I dunno, I spent my last birthday doing it, and we had a great time! Yeah, it is a bit corny, but I thought it was a lot of fun.

Of course, I'm still a kid inside! ;)

biolabetty
01-13-2005, 11:29 AM
We'll be celebrating my 6 year old's birthday on the 23rd. I called about 45 days in advance, and then I called 2 weeks ago to add to my group. I was only adding 1 person but I had to change my seating time because they couldn't add 1. Then I called again last Sunday to add 1 more, and it was no problem. We are bringing 10 people and apparently they were going to seat us at a table for 10 anyway when we had had only 9 in our group. I guess when we still had 8 they had to switch from a table for 8 to a table for 10. My advice would be then that you make sure your number of people is set before you call. :)

Pammer
01-14-2005, 09:02 AM
how far in advance should you get resrvations for the Plaza Inn Party?
I made my reservation about a month ahead for 8 people, and then changed it to 4 (the rest of my party had to cancel on me) when I went to pay before the party. So, I would suggest making your reservation for the maximum number of people you expect, since you don't have to pay until that day. Have fun!

CrazyTrain
01-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Thanks... I was going to ask about paying! Do you put it on one CC or pay in cash or ... :confused:

And if you have to cancel? I guess since you don't prepay, they can't penalize you? My life is such that there's a chance plans could change with little advance notice. :rolleyes:

rentayenta
01-14-2005, 09:59 AM
Thanks... I was going to ask about paying! Do you put it on one CC or pay in cash or ... :confused:

And if you have to cancel? I guess since you don't prepay, they can't penalize you? My life is such that there's a chance plans could change with little advance notice. :rolleyes:

You pay when you check in at the birthday kiosk. I would cancel as soon as possible so another family can have your place even though cancelling early isn't always possible :)

CrazyTrain
01-14-2005, 01:45 PM
Oh, of course I would cancel ASAP! I hopefully wouldn't have to... I hate doing stuff like that and it'd be my birthday celebration! *lol* But just in case, I wanted to know. :)

disneyperson
01-14-2005, 01:51 PM
In November we had a 4 day, 45 person celebration for my 1 year old niece. (Yeah, I know. Alot for a one year old.) It was great. We had a couple of parties for her, one is at the Plaza Inn, super fun, with pic opportunities, a conga line and more, and also a character party at Goofy's kitchen, and a luncheon party at Storyteller's. We had wonderful help from a dining lead at 714-781-dine. Have a wonderful time. How we will top her birthday next year, I have no idea.. ;)
You don't need to worry about topping it. She won't remember it, but it sounds like all the big folks had a memorable time.

mikala
01-16-2005, 08:35 PM
We all had a great time, and while the majority was adults, there was 1 two, 2 five, 2 seven, year olds and the big kids were the majority. She may not remember it, but there is a ton of video, and pics to reminise with. She went on everything she could ride and didn't shed a tear. Now with my sis and her husband becoming AP's she'll be there alot. ;)