PDA

View Full Version : 50th Anniversary Pre-Movie Commercial

nursemelis374
01-11-2005, 06:47 AM
Have you guys seen the commercail they play before movies? It is really great. It gave me goosebumps, especially to hear Walt's voice.

Disney Vault
01-11-2005, 01:55 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/special/comeShareTheDream/popupDetail?name=50thSizzlePage

This one? I love this one and I get chills and goosebumps too.

Disneyfreak
01-11-2005, 03:22 PM
Me personally I like the first 15 seconds of it and then they ruined the rest of it with the kids jumping up and down and the bad shots of space mountain and buzz. Hopefully the full commercial will be better. Although I do like it better then that stupid computer generated one which does not even mention the word Disneyland in it.

Disney Vault
01-11-2005, 03:25 PM
I really like the CG one.

DJ_MENTOS
01-11-2005, 03:28 PM
Is the CG one online? If so, where?
Thanks!

rentayenta
01-11-2005, 04:31 PM
Thanks for the link; I love it! The first few seconds brought tears to my eyes :geek:

mad4mky
01-11-2005, 05:01 PM
Thanks for the link.

I hadn't seen that. And, I too got tears in my eyes. Not because of seeing the park...but seeing Walt.

I choke up everytime I see him.

My oldest kid is teasing me about it. I told her "I grew up watching Walt every Sunday night...he was almost like my second dad!" ;) (not really my 2nd dad ..but heck, she wasn't there, so she doesn't know... ;) ).

Disney Vault
01-11-2005, 05:13 PM
Is the CG one online? If so, where?
Thanks!
Here is the CG commercial too. It is on the bottom left. Be sure to click the long version.

http://destinations.disney.go.com/parksandresorts/index

Disneyfreak
01-11-2005, 11:07 PM
The beef I have with the CG one is that it does not mention Disneyland at all which is a Eisner commercial in my opinion, not a Walt Disney one. We are getting royally screwed by Eisner and this commercial promotes it. At least the other one says Disneyland's 50th Anniversary. That website above should not even mention the words WDW, Tokyo, Paris, or Hong Kong because it is not the 50th anniversary of those parks. I am sure when WDW turns 50 they will have a huge celebration to themselves and flaunt it in our faces which really gets me mad. I feel it is time we get some flaunting of our own going here; who agrees with me?

I mean this document says it all: http://www.savedisney.com/news/features/fe011005.1.asp

Photographer
01-12-2005, 04:08 AM
The ads playing here are the CG ones. I end up yelling at the screen, It's Disneyland's birthday you *bleep* not the entire company's. Then I want to hurl something across the room. It makes me rather upset when people can't recognize or appreciate what's right there in front of them. Poor Walt must be spinning in his grave.

nursemelis374
01-12-2005, 10:32 AM
The ads playing here are the CG ones. I end up yelling at the screen, It's Disneyland's birthday you *bleep* not the entire company's. Then I want to hurl something across the room. It makes me rather upset when people can't recognize or appreciate what's right there in front of them. Poor Walt must be spinning in his grave.

I think Walt would be spinning in his grave just as much if he knew someone wanted to scream obscenities while a Disney commercial is playing. I mean, how un-Disney is that. I can somewhat understand what you are saying, but I think you are missing the point being made to the general public.

arielova
01-12-2005, 11:27 AM
The commercial above I had not seen before today. But, the other commericials for "The 50th anniversary celebration", (where no where in the commercial does it specifically mention that it is DISNEYLAND'S 50th :mad: ) I've seen over and over. I wondered myself why in the hell there is no mention of the actual reason for the 50th??? It's not all resorts!!! Just one more reason to advertise, incorrectly I might add, at least IMO. :(

Uncle Remus
01-12-2005, 01:25 PM
it shows sleeping beauty castle at the end but makes it look giagantic. That is the closest they came to any kind of Disneyland stuff.

Mark Goldhaber
01-12-2005, 04:55 PM
The commercial above I had not seen before today. But, the other commericials for "The 50th anniversary celebration", (where no where in the commercial does it specifically mention that it is DISNEYLAND'S 50th :mad: ) I've seen over and over. I wondered myself why in the hell there is no mention of the actual reason for the 50th??? It's not all resorts!!! Just one more reason to advertise, incorrectly I might add, at least IMO. :(
From today's front page article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dan/bm050112mg.htm) on the company's year in review:

On May 5, Disney announced the coming attractions for the celebration of Disneyland's 50th anniversary in 2005. So where are the bulk of the new attractions opening? Why in Florida, of course. But why would Disney be pushing people to go to Walt Disney World to celebrate the anniversary of Disneyland? Many reasons, actually, most of which come back to the fact that the current Disney administration is more focused on generating revenue than celebrating heritage.

First off, Walt Disney World boasted four of the top five domestic theme parks, with a total attendance of around 40.7 million visitors, as opposed to the two Disney parks in California, which brought in a combined 19 million made up largely of annual passholders. Second, the Florida resort also offers two huge water parks and a much larger nighttime entertainment district, with much less competition than the Disneyland Resort. Third, and perhaps most important, Disney has 22 resort hotels that it owns on its property in Florida. Once you get there, they own you and all of the money that you're going to spend. Disney owns three hotel resorts in Anaheim, only one (the Grand Californian Hotel) of which is themed to the extent of the resorts in Florida.

Most visitors to Disneyland do not stay at a Disney hotel, and many meals are eaten off of Disney property. Visitors go off and explore many other attractions in California, and Disney loses its grip on the pocketbooks pretty quickly. Why drive people to go to a park where they get less of your money when they could just as easily drive people to go to an all-encompassing property where, once you arrive, you and all of your money are theirs. (If you doubt this, look at the new Magic Your Way tickets and packages and the new Disney's Magical Express shuttle service with this principle in mind and decide for yourself.)

Not saying that it's a good thing, just identifying the thought process.

Disneyfreak
01-12-2005, 06:33 PM
From today's front page article (http://www.mouseplanet.com/dan/bm050112mg.htm) on the company's year in review:

Not saying that it's a good thing, just identifying the thought process.

Now you know why I hate WDW's guts. Eisner makes me sick. :mad:

It is so horrible since our park has a better ratio in the amount of visitors then WDW's parks do.