PDA

View Full Version : What is that big structure?

jon80flt
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
What am I seeing?

When riding the DRR from the French Quarter to Toontown, you travel along the Rivers of America. Soon after seeing the Indian Chief, there is a hidden dock (where the Aligator from Fantasmic! is stored), then there is what appears to be a large stage area... there are some really tall roofs and loads of stage lighting.

It appears to be to the west of the FantasyLand Theater, and north of what used to be the Big Mountian BBQ.

I was thinking it is a dry-dock for repairs of floating stuff, but the stage lighting makes me think it's more than that.

Does anyone know what I'm seeing?

BTW, I'm sorry if talking about "backstage" stuff kills the magic for some people... I have always delighted in knowing how things work! :fez:

Thanks,
Jon

adriennek
01-10-2005, 06:44 PM
Are you thinking of the Festival of Fools stage and staging area? Sometimes you can see lots of tables set up in there for private parties now?

Adrienne

Jeremiah
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
It is the FoF arena. It was used for IMHO one of the best shows DL has ever done back for Hunchback. It is now used for odds and ends things like picnics and such, with rumor that it will be the expansion area sooner or later. But as of right now it is a big open space that is used once a blue moon.

J

Baloo
01-10-2005, 11:42 PM
What am I seeing?

When riding the DRR from the French Quarter to Toontown, you travel along the Rivers of America. Soon after seeing the Indian Chief, there is a hidden dock (where the Aligator from Fantasmic! is stored), then there is what appears to be a large stage area... there are some really tall roofs and loads of stage lighting.

It appears to be to the west of the FantasyLand Theater, and north of what used to be the Big Mountian BBQ.

I was thinking it is a dry-dock for repairs of floating stuff, but the stage lighting makes me think it's more than that.

Does anyone know what I'm seeing?

BTW, I'm sorry if talking about "backstage" stuff kills the magic for some people... I have always delighted in knowing how things work! :fez:

Thanks,
Jon

It really is not considered a backstage area. this area used to be the hunchback show which was great. it was then shut down and left to deterioate by Pressler. it was then torn down and a new stage was built. the area is now a corporate picnic area. So if you want to have a large party you could rent this area for parties