PDA

View Full Version : Hmmm..pay the bills or go to Disneyland

Tink
12-12-2001, 07:08 AM
I missed my traditional birthday trip to Disneyland this year (Nov 30) because of unforseen financial thingys.

Now every time I turn on the TV I catch one of the DLR commercials and it's killing me!

I am soooo envious of all of you AP's right now...

zapppop
12-12-2001, 07:17 AM
Did you overspend on Christmas gifts ?

stinkerbell
12-12-2001, 08:03 AM
I vote:

GO TO DISNEYLAND ASAP!!!!

:D

And Happy Belated Birthday!

mad4mky
12-12-2001, 08:32 AM
Duh....was there a choice here? GO TO DISNEYLAND!!!

Honestly though, I know its tough. Gee, we went a week and half ago. Could we really affored it with homeowners taxes due, Christmas here, and kid going to Europe? No...but I took the money and splurged anyways. Now, come January, I might be standing in the soup kitchen line...but I sure had a good time.

Only you know what your finances are, and if you can swing it! I hope you can!

dizneyraver
12-12-2001, 09:19 AM
We made plans for WDW about 6 months ago. We bought the air fare, and put down our deposit on the room. Then, about a month ago we bought a house! Now, the trip is about a week away and with all of our moving expenses, this will be a tight budgeted trip to say the least.

We thought about canceling when we found out about the house, but while we probably could have gotten our deposit back, there was no refund on the air fare, so what the heck. We are going, and it will be a blast!

We have gone in the past on a tight budget, and looking back, I think I had a better time on those trips then ones where I had alot of money to spend. I think I just appreciated everything that much more.

If it is still up for a vote, I say go. You don't have to spend alot of money, just get away for a few days. The bills can wait a couple weeks ;0)

If it really means bankruptcy, then by all means, this is not a time to go on vacation, but evaluate your financial situation realistically. I bet you can work something out.

Good luck!

Gemini Cricket
12-12-2001, 10:18 AM
In the future, you'll remember the great DL trip and not the money woes. That's what I've been told lately...
:)

Nigel2
12-12-2001, 01:18 PM
Yeah, I hear eating, electricity, running water, and heating are so overated.:D

Ralph Wiggum
12-12-2001, 02:13 PM
Okay...as much as you think you know what you should do your wrong. You need to be able to survive. You can't just do what everyone else does. So i will have to say go to disneyland. The rest of the world is concentrating on paying bills. Don't follow the crowd.

Nigel2
12-13-2001, 09:48 AM
As long as you keep that situation small it shouldn't be as much of a problem. Now if this came about monthly or so you could "nickel and dime" yourself to death, well financially.

EmmaPeel007
12-13-2001, 10:08 AM
You know, an AP with parking makes and excellent holiday gift, especially if your friends and family get together and chip in on one for you. Drop a few hints, squeaky wheel gets greased, if you know what I mean.

Then you won't have to face this dillemma for another year (unless it's on a blackout date) ;) !

Dreamstaker
12-13-2001, 06:22 PM
You are in San Diego - you can get So Cal passes - DROP LOTS OF HINTS - you can park at my house :D

Not Afraid
12-13-2001, 06:53 PM
Since we purchases AP this year, we have saved so much money on our entertainment expenses. We spend so much time at DL that we don't go out and do many of the other (expensive) things we used to do. Yea, we're culturally lopsided, but we're very, very happy!

MammaSilva
12-13-2001, 07:10 PM
hmmm what about the trip to Disneyland being the family Christmas gift? I debated and struggled about going on Walts B/D then decided that I deserved the trip....so off we went, we only stayed a couple days and didn't "shop" like I usually do but we had the best time... the MP birthday party was a highlight and just walking around the park that day made everything worth it....each family has to make their own "budget" calls but if you can do it on a shoestring then be "tight" for a few weeks it is so worth it IMHO

Tink
12-14-2001, 06:43 AM
The outrageous water bill (we had an undetected leak) which caused the financial problem has been paid - unfortunately with gift money I received for my birthday.:( So....

Announcer: "Tink, now that you paid off that incredibly high water bill what are you going to do?"

Tink: "I'm going to Disneyland!!!!!!!"

You all gave wonderful suggestions and accounts of your own personal experiences and there really is no other choice - I've got to go to Disnelyland.

:D You guys are the best!

PS. It's too late to ask for an AP this year but I know what I'm getting next year.