PDA

View Full Version : Can we still eat Churros in DL?

Pages : [1] 2

lucymom
01-10-2005, 08:25 AM
We've been telling the kids about these great long fried desserts called Churro's. Can you still buy them in Disneyland? Any other suggestions for good inexpensive food in DL would be appreciated.

14 day countdown begins....
Lucy in Canada

Andrew
01-10-2005, 08:34 AM
You sure can! I think they're now $2.75, and there are churro carts throughout DL and DCA. For that Disney churro taste at home, pick up a case of Tio Pepe frozen churros at Costco.

mystycalchyk
01-10-2005, 08:54 AM
Mmmmmmmm Churrrrros! *drools*

Was it really only a week ago I was eating one? :( *sniff*

I MISS DISNEYLAND!!!!!!! :crying:

TikiGeek
01-10-2005, 09:12 AM
Any other suggestions for good inexpensive food in DL would be appreciated.
Bengal BBQ - has very good skewers for $4.00 or less. These make a great snack.
Redd Rocket's Pizza Port - Great Pizza, Pasta and Salads - portions are huge - you can split them.
Turkey Legs from vendor carts - $6.00 - they are huge! - you can snack a family of 4 and pretend that you are the Filntstones :)

...For that Disney churro taste at home, pick up a case of Tio Pepe frozen churros at Costco.Are these the same as DLR's churros? They sure look the same.

Stupid_American
01-10-2005, 09:45 AM
Turkey Legs from vendor carts - $6.00 - they are huge! - you can snack a family of 4 and pretend that you are the Filntstones :)

http://home.pacbell.net/dagravy/leg.jpg

Andrew
01-10-2005, 09:56 AM
Are these the same as DLR's churros? They sure look the same.
Yep, same brand.

miss bianca
01-10-2005, 09:59 AM
Love Churros!

Also try the Mickey Pretzels....And you HAVE TO TRY the Honey Popcorn near the Pooh ride - ask for a sample :)

YUMMY!!!

Andrew
01-10-2005, 10:03 AM
Try the cheese-filled pretzels from the cart in Frontierland!

MrsG
01-10-2005, 10:07 AM
Fudge! Get it at the Candy Shoppe on Main Street or in Critter Country near Pooh ride.

Darkbeer
01-10-2005, 10:16 AM
Sorry, I much prefer a FRESH Churro that is cooked in front of your eyes in hot oil, in fact they changed California law a year ago for ODV carts to do that... but Disneyland still sells those Frozen Reheated Dough Sticks....:mad:

Go get a freshly made pretzel at Wetzel's Pretzels in DtD instead, or just go get some Freshly popped Popcorn in the park:fez:

dingdong2U
01-10-2005, 10:42 AM
Fudge! Get it at the Candy Shoppe on Main Street or in Critter Country near Pooh ride.

Don't forget you can get Fudge just to the right of the Shooting Gallery in Frontierland as well...

Does anybody know if any of the locations still give out free samples from time to time?

--- Mike

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 10:57 AM
That turkey leg looks GREAT!!! My daughter was there in Sept/Oct. and couldn't find them. We are going on the 26th...can you tell me where we can find them? TIA :p

TikiGeek
01-10-2005, 11:10 AM
That turkey leg looks GREAT!!! My daughter was there in Sept/Oct. and couldn't find them. We are going on the 26th...can you tell me where we can find them? TIA :p

You can find them at the vendor carts at the hub (in front and to the left of the castle) and near It's A Small World. The same carts also sell Chimichangas (deep fried burritos) :)

Surfingstitch
01-10-2005, 11:53 AM
Turkey Leg locations.

Left front of the castle
Near BTMRR
Near the tea cups
Next to muppetvision (DCA)

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 12:11 PM
Tiki Geek, Surfing Stitch, thank you so much....I can almost taste it now..lol
Only 14 1/2 more days....15 1/2 until in the park!!! Woo hoo!! :fez:

Surfingstitch
01-10-2005, 12:16 PM
Don't forget the corndog wagon and the corndog castle.

Those are the best.

rentayenta
01-10-2005, 12:43 PM
Turkey legs, Hannibal Lecter, and Coaster's Kyle go hand in hand. The memories..... :D

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 01:04 PM
lol @ rentayenta....I am still smiling after reading your trip report and now your line above!!!! :fez:

Stupid_American
01-10-2005, 01:24 PM
I'd post the Corn Dog Truck, but I always get busted for the "2 pics per thread" rule.

My favorites are corn dogs, turkey legs, really sticky sticky buns and Grand Gibsons!

Surfingstitch
01-10-2005, 01:46 PM
I'd post the Corn Dog Truck, but I always get busted for the "2 pics per thread" rule.

My favorites are corn dogs, turkey legs, really sticky sticky buns and Grand Gibsons!

We could start a corn dog thread.

lucymom
01-10-2005, 05:09 PM
We'll see you there on the 26th. We will be there first thing in the morning.....
There will be 11 of us (6 kids in total). I can taste the Churros already....

lucymom
01-10-2005, 05:11 PM
Thanks for all the snack tips. I can smell the churros already.

13 days till we leave;
Lucy

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 05:13 PM
Hey Lucy Mom, I would love to meet you there...that would be great!!! Let me know if you are interested...it will just be me and my adult daughter. :fez:

crinklebat
01-10-2005, 08:35 PM
Lol, imagine the riots is they stopped selling churros at DL. It'd be waaaay worse than that time they stopped buying stripey socks for pirates.

SCUBAbe
01-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Don't forget you can get Fudge just to the right of the Shooting Gallery in Frontierland as well...

Does anybody know if any of the locations still give out free samples from time to time?

--- Mike

...and if you're in DCA they have it in the huge store on the left as you enter the park (california greetings??) It's in the last part of the store as you walk through..:)

am I the only one who hates the churros??...they arre sooo gross...it's like eating a stale donut...*yuck*