PDA

View Full Version : Plaza Inn open? Plaza Pavillion closed?

disney jones
01-10-2005, 12:42 AM
i'm confused about the current status of the Plaza Inn and/or Plaza Pavillion.

MP says the Plaza Pavillion is closed till March, but the Disneyland web site doesn't say this. However, it appears the refurb schedule on the DLR web site is just for attractions, not restaurants. The Disneyland web site still advertises for Breakfast in the Park at the Plaza Inn for the Princess Character breakfast and says nothing about a closure for refurb.

So are they the same? Specifically, will the Princess Character breakfast at Plaza Inn be available Feb 4-5? This one is confusing me. :confused: I'm still debating this option for our next visit. We did it with Pooh last summer there, but with two girls (and a Dad ;) ), it'd be a natural with the Princesses, especially since we'd be celebrating a birthday as well.

marktips
01-10-2005, 01:25 AM
Two different places. The Plaza Inn is open and operating with Princesses.

The Plaza Pavillion, if I remember correctly, used to be a restaurant, but became an Annual Passholder processing center sometime during the Pressler era. The restaurant shared a kitchen with Aladdin's Oasis which also stopped serving and became a meet and greet. So, when they closed the Tiki Room to refurb, they also took down the adjacent Aladdin's Oasis and then that also took out the Plaza Pavillion which is connected by the aforementioned kitchen.

Speculation being that the Plaza Pavillion will reopen or Aladdin's Oasis will reopen and offer food when the Tiki Hut refurbishment is over - all occuring March 11th.

disney jones
01-10-2005, 01:29 AM
thanks - makes sense - no wonder i was confused. We got our APs at the Pavillion last summer. Always get that and the Carnation Gardens mixed up since they are right next to each other, but the Carnation tag is where they play swing music on Friday nights, right?

marktips
01-10-2005, 01:35 AM
Haven't the foggiest - I could be totally wrong, as the Plaza Inn at WDW is not serving a princess breakfast, but the Plaza Pavillion there (part of Tomorrowland) is closed for refurbishment into a Noodle stand type place - and it was never an AP processing center but always a counter service restaurant.

Noodles? At Magic Kingdom? I guess so.. *shrug*

CoasterChickie
01-10-2005, 07:12 AM
I think things can sometimes change from day to day or week to week depending on what they're refurbishing. My sister had a birthday party for her son on January 2nd and it was originally scheduled to be at The Plaza Inn, but ended up being at the Golden Horseshoe. She said it was fantastic. She just wasn't sure why it wasn't at the Plaza Inn.

stinkerbell
01-10-2005, 07:57 AM
The Plaza Inn (restaurant) was open 12/26-12/31.....we ate there several times that week. The Happiest Birthdays on Earth were not being done there that week, but the Princess/Character breakfasts were.

We ate at the Plaza Inn twice for dinner and one night there were four Princesses--Aurora, Cinderella, Snow White and Belle. My four year old daughter was in heaven. They weren't scheduled to be there, they just were. It was a nice surprise! :)

The Plaza Pavillion (where the AP's used to be purchased) is closed.

AP's are now purchased at the exit of Space Mountain.

DD~~Be sure to call the Dine Line if you want to make reservations and for information on character breakfast and birthday celebrations. Everything changes so often, so even if you have reservations, check back. :) (714) 781-DINE

Have fun!

adriennek
01-10-2005, 09:13 AM
The restaurant shared a kitchen with Aladdin's Oasis which also stopped serving and became a meet and greet. So, when they closed the Tiki Room to refurb, they also took down the adjacent Aladdin's Oasis and then that also took out the Plaza Pavillion which is connected by the aforementioned kitchen.

Aladdin's Oasis actually stopped serving food years ago and converted to a very cute little show for many years. During part of that time, Plaza Pavillion continued to serve food.

The Oasis show has only been closed for a year (or less?) :crying:

Baklava, Baklava, Baklava
And No Wishing for More Wishes!
Freedom! I Wish for FREEDOM!
BOO! BOO! BOO!
I'll find your mommy and get her credit card number...
I see lines... I see lines... I see you, standing in many many lines...
Day-O! Day-ay-ay-O! OH! Daylight Come and me want to be home!
"You're expecting a baby?!?!?" (Ok, that only happened at ONE show)
And they all lived HAPPILY EVER AFTER!

:sigh:
Adrienne

Andrew
01-10-2005, 09:17 AM
The Oasis show has only been closed for a year (or less?) :crying:
I wish, I wish, hmm, I think I wish for a bunny!

MammaSilva
01-10-2005, 09:21 AM
*major sigh* one of the few 'mommy breaks' that Miss B totally enjoyed....20 minutes of pure fun, great entertainment and some of the best CM's in the park! :(

MrsG
01-10-2005, 10:13 AM
Carnation tag is where they play swing music on Friday nights, right?
The Plaza Gardens Stage is where the swing music is on Friday and Saturday nights.

cstephens
01-10-2005, 12:51 PM
I wish, I wish, hmm, I think I wish for a bunny!

You forgot the "awwww".

Surfingstitch
01-10-2005, 12:55 PM
Isn't the pavillion across the street from the plaza inn?

cstephens
01-10-2005, 12:58 PM
As you walk down Main Street towards the Castle, right before you get to the hub, Plaza Inn is on your right and Plaza Pavilion is on your left.

disney jones
01-10-2005, 01:00 PM
The Plaza Gardens Stage is where the swing music is on Friday and Saturday nights.i took my 3 yr old Sydney to DL for her birthday last August. I have wonderful pictures of her throughout the day in the park, with characters, on rides, and especially in the Little Patch of Heaven petting zoo.

But by far my most wonderful memory that day occured when that swing music started playing in the early evening and she just got out there and danced with such joy and such a smile on her face! My camera's batteries were long gone by that point, but that image will stick with me forever - i look forward to dancing with her there to swing music on many birthdays to come! :)

bandboy1985
01-10-2005, 05:49 PM
I think things can sometimes change from day to day or week to week depending on what they're refurbishing. My sister had a birthday party for her son on January 2nd and it was originally scheduled to be at The Plaza Inn, but ended up being at the Golden Horseshoe. She said it was fantastic. She just wasn't sure why it wasn't at the Plaza Inn.

it's a talent thing. Happiest Birthdays on Earth is hosted by a Pat E. Cake character in the outdoor patio location there. in the rain, the outdoor PA system can't be used, so the show has to be moved to horseshoe, where there is an indoor PA system with food prep capability. (can't be inside at PI, there's no indoor PA system...though it would be closer to the regular location!)