PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Meal Vouchers

vegasmommytoDL
01-10-2005, 12:28 AM
I know there are some older posts about these vouchers... but what I don't understand is that when I add up the value of the vouchers it actually seems to be LESS than the price they are charging for them! Are there any other special perks to ordering these? I keep thinking maybe I am missing something. I had originally thought a "Breakfast in the Park" was the Princess Character Breakfast, but reading other posts I see the value is $8.75 right? So, most packages seem to be $0.95 more for adults and $1.05 for children (if my math is correct) than if I just bought the meals with good old fashioned cash! Not to mention the fact that they don't give change.

INFORMATION:
http://dlr.reservations.disney.go.com/DisneylandIBC/Descriptions/2005/disneydining.html

My AAA office is having a special Disney rep in Friday so I hope to book my package then. I was also told that January is AAA's "Disney Month" and if you book by the end of the month you get some sort of cup or mug thats refillable at Disneyland... I don't know where or how often so if someone knows about this let me know. Thanks.

-Julia

disney jones
01-10-2005, 12:30 AM
Breakfast in the Park runs at least $15 i think, and that's usually just for a child.

Hakuna Makarla
01-10-2005, 04:43 AM
NOPE we got the breakfast in the park and its under nine dollars. we got the vouchers for one reson and one reason only. Because when we got our package it took us months to pay for it, and the vouchers were great because when we did finally go I did not have to worry about coming up with lots of money for food when we got there. It was convient just to get the vouchers and pay along with the package and not have to save up or come up with 500.00 dolllars for meals .I liked using them, but again most people do not,.

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 05:25 AM
My daughter and I are going the 26th thru 30th. We thought of getting meal vouchers but for the same reasons you mentioned we did not. Especially since my daughter and I usually share a meal and a side...but it would be convienient. :D

sleepyjeff
01-10-2005, 06:39 PM
The biggest problem I have with the vouchers is that many of the cms working the counter service restuarants have no clue what they are :confused: I ran into this time and time again a couple of years ago when my family and I used them. Otherwise, they are kinda nice to help stay on budget especially if you remember that they are interchangeable(ie. just because it says breakfast you don't have to use it for breakfast...etc)

disney jones
01-10-2005, 06:51 PM
NOPE we got the breakfast in the park and its under nine dollars. To clarify, i'm thinking of Breakfast at the Plaza Inn - you didn't pay under $9 there, did you?

stan4d_steph
01-11-2005, 05:36 AM
I would say if you're short on cash, buy Disney Dollars at the resort. You can put them on your credit card and they are the same as cash in the DLR. That way you're only paying off the interest on your card (if you don't pay in full) and not overpaying for vouchers PLUS credit card interest.

Hakuna Makarla
01-11-2005, 07:08 AM
We enjoyed the vouchers, but I want to tell you for a first time goer we could not find all theresturants, and so we ate mostly off thecarts. The cm's did know allaboutthe vouchers andwe did have no problems with them. The last day in the park we used all the restof them geting extra goodies and such for the plane ride home. We liked them,but I think most people would not. If you got the money use it, if you were like us and needed to pay for your package over time and wanted to pay for the foods to longterm this worked out well.