PDA

View Full Version : Songs that Rod won't play anymore

cryan71
01-09-2005, 02:25 PM
A ton of songs have fallen off Rod's playlist at the Coke Corner.

I'll start:

12th Street Rag

TikiGeek
01-09-2005, 07:16 PM
Just cherish whatever Rod plays. People change. We are so lucky to have him and to be able to listen to a great part of Disneyland's history. There are songs that I ask him to play and he says no. That's OK - he's played them for me before. He's only played them 1000+ times - I don't blame him. He's enjoying a time in his career when he can play what he wants. I'm just so greatful to sit next to the piano and talk to him and listen to whatever he plays. Please enjoy the world's greatest ragtime piano player and one of the coolest people in the world. Cherish Rod. :)

oregontraveler
01-10-2005, 04:44 AM
I agree. Rod is a great piano player & storyteller. I sat there for about 30 minutes on my last day. He spent more time talking than playing. We had a little fun with a request. A young man wanted to hear some ragtime from Francis Scott Key, I suggested he meant Scott Joplin. So Rod played Maple Leaf Rag for him. Then I said, that was Maple Leaf Rag by Francis Scott Key,
I think he belived me. Oh well, that's my Rod Miller story. :geek:

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 05:30 AM
Does anyone know when Rod plays??? It has been years since I have sat down and heard him play!!! :D

Werner
01-10-2005, 11:14 AM
I agree -- Rod is wonderful! Amazing how he can talk while playing.

I _think_ he usually works the "late" shift (i.e., the last 8 hours of the park's operating hours for any given day), and is off on Mon and Tues (a tradition going back to when the Park actually was closed these days during the "off" season), but if anyone could confim this, that would be great!

I wonder if City Hall could actually verify whether he'd be there for a certain day in the future?

Shortiemetoo
01-10-2005, 11:16 AM
Great idea Werner...I will ask when we arrive!! :)

TikiGeek
01-10-2005, 11:28 AM
I _think_ he usually works the "late" shift (i.e., the last 8 hours of the park's operating hours for any given day), and is off on Mon and Tues (a tradition going back to when the Park actually was closed these days during the "off" season), but if anyone could confim this, that would be great!
I believe you are correct ;) Sometimes he takes vacation days so he may not be there on those days (Wed-Sun). As Darkbeer say's "Things at Disneyland are always subject to change".

hbquikcomjamesl
01-10-2005, 01:38 PM
Somehow, this reminds me of the much-photographed sign on the wall at Preservation Hall, in New Orleans.
Traditional Requests $2.00
Others $5.00
The Saints $10 (The prices I'm quoting may be out of date)

It's not a matter of extreme reverence for "The Saints"; neither is it extreme revulsion. It's a matter of (1) it's been played so many times that it's a real challenge for a musician to try and say anything new about it that hasn't already been said, and (2) if they didn't charge a premium, they'd hardly get a chance to play anything else.

TheDoppelgangerDada
01-10-2005, 07:52 PM
A photo of me and the lady with Rod...http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v227/ChazVanEyck/uswithrod_2.jpg

Opus1guy
01-10-2005, 09:02 PM
"Like A Virgin"

:)