PDA

View Full Version : Which package? Commem. or Welcome?

vegasmommytoDL
01-08-2005, 02:51 PM
I am going to take a trip to Disneyland and I wanted to do a tour anyway... AAA offers 2 upgrades that include tours. So...

Which tour of Disneyland is better? Walk in Walt's Footsteps or Welcome To Disneyland? I have a 3 year old. What time do they usually start?

My main Tour questions:
• Welcome to Disneyland
-Is the "priority seating" for the stage shows done during the tour or is it a voucher?
-The "priority seating" for dining is free anyway right? Or is this tour benifit different somehow?
-It says you "receive two bonus FASTPASS® tickets" what exactly is this? And, if we have unlimited fastpass tickets then is this really that useful?
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=WelcomeToDisneylandTourPage

• Walt in Walt's Footsteps
-What kind of food does the "private Disney Gallery" lunch have, and can I choose?
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/tours/detail?name=WalkInWaltsFootstepsTourPage

I am going to book an AAA Resort Vacation. There are 2 "upgrade" choices that I had her quote for me. I can pay $87.95 to upgrade to the "Welcome to Disneyland" package or $244.95 to upgrade to the 50th Anniversary Commemorative Package. (Prices quoted as of today, January 8th with a 3 night stay THUR-SUN).

The +$244.95 50th Anniversary Commemorative Package ADDS:
Disneyland Park Original Invitation Replica
50th Anniversary Commemorative Pin
50th Anniversary Crystal Photo Frame from Arribas Bros
Walt in Walt's Footsteps Tour ($147 Value)
5x7 Commemorative Photo
(I read it in my AAA Disnyland book and called for price... its not on the website)

The +$87.95 Welcome to Disneyland Package ADDS:
AAA Sojourns’ exclusive Welcome To Disneyland Tour ($75 Value)
5x7 Souvenir Photo
http://www.csaa.com/travel/travelofferdetail/0,1438,1003021103%257C4968,00.html

Also, I remember years ago that Toontown didn't open at the same time as the rest of the park.... Does The Toontown Morning Madness start at the same time as the Early Entry to Fantasyland or can you do them both on the same day because they start at different times?

One more question... I can purchase Character Meal's through AAA when I buy my package.. BUT... For the 2 choices I want the park gives a 10% AAA discount where buying from AAA directly you don't get the discount (go figure). What I want to know is.. if I call ahead and get priority seating for us for the Plaza Breakfast, can I pay and get the AAA discount the day of? Or do they want payment over the phone when I reserve it.

Thanks! :)

Tinkerbelle923
01-08-2005, 04:25 PM
The only question I can address is the Plaza Inn breakfast discount.
Last time we were there (July2003) we went for breakfast not knowing about the discount and the nice CM asked if we were AAA members we showed her our card and got the discount no problems (we also did not have priority seating, I'm not sure if it was offered then or not)

This happened to be our last day in the park but she told us about several other places were AAA discounts are available...I can't remember them right now, does anyone else know (I think Goofy's may have been one but again I'm not possative)

hope that helps

cstephens
01-08-2005, 06:53 PM
• Walt in Walt's Footsteps
-What kind of food does the "private Disney Gallery" lunch have, and can I choose?

I don't remember the exact choices, but they were all sandwiches of some sort. You choose from a list of about 6 or 7, as I recall, and there is a vegetarian choice as well. You also get a drink (which you choose from the normal choices) and a dessert (which they just provide for you).

We took the Walt's tour last October and really enjoyed it. I've not done the "welcome" tour, but I can definitely recommend the Walt's Tour.

Wendi
01-08-2005, 08:25 PM
Depends on what you want from the tour. The Welcome tour is more for people not very familiar with the park, but it would be a better choice if you plan on doing the tour with your three year old. The Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour is not recommended for young children, and I think it's 3.5 or 4.5 hours long.

I don't know about the priority seating for the show, I would imagine it is a voucher for you to go whenever you want. Priority Dining is a free service, it's pretty much like a reservation, but they don't call it that, and they don't do much to guarantee that you will get a table at the time you requested, in the off season you should get in at your time though, I've never had any problems with it. If you have unlimited FP with your package, the extra fastpasses will be of no value to you.

I don't know anything about the new early morning thing, used to be Magic Mornings, but I don't know what they are calling it this time around. I think they have specific days that a land opens early though and you have to pick from 2 or 3 days that week.

Mark099
01-08-2005, 09:14 PM
Tours are not that great with small children.

disney jones
01-08-2005, 10:11 PM
There's a tour designed for kids, but i think it runs only in the summer. I took my 3 yr old and 5 yr old on the Holiday Tour - the 5 yr old really enjoyed it, but it was a bit over the head of my 3 yr old.

cstephens
01-08-2005, 10:59 PM
I missed the part about the 3 year old. With that information now, while I would still recommend Walt's Tour as a tour to take, I think a 3 year old would be seriously bored.