PDA

View Full Version : Question about AP

disneymania
01-08-2005, 08:25 AM
I purchased an annual pass from my local Disney Store. I'm waiting for the call that it's in. Meanwhile, I am unable to log onto the Disneyland web site as an passholder because I don't have my number yet. I wonder if anyone knows what the hotel discounts are during Feb. Do I have to wait for my pass to come in before I can book with a discount (I have my receipt)? Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :)

Wendi
01-08-2005, 08:35 AM
They don't really list the exact prices in the newsletters, you still have to call the hotels and ask for the AP Nights rates. I don't know if they've announced the February AP Nights yet...

rentayenta
01-08-2005, 08:49 AM
About how far in adavance do they announce AP rates and do they usually have AP rates during the holidays? If you book early and then AP rates become available will they match the AP rate?

disney jones
01-08-2005, 09:47 AM
About how far in adavance do they announce AP rates?
about 2-3 months

do they usually have AP rates during the holidays?
they did this year in the first half of December (it may have been just PPH)

If you book early and then AP rates become available will they match the AP rate?
not sure, but you could always cancel the existing reservation, then get a new one with the AP.

disney jones
01-08-2005, 09:48 AM
I purchased an annual pass from my local Disney Store. I'm waiting for the call that it's in. Meanwhile, I am unable to log onto the Disneyland web site as an passholder because I don't have my number yet. I wonder if anyone knows what the hotel discounts are during Feb. Do I have to wait for my pass to come in before I can book with a discount (I have my receipt)? Any info greatly appreciated.
Thanks. :)
I'd just call the DLH reservations and ask, explaining your situation.

got2travel
01-08-2005, 09:49 AM
AP rates generally come out about a month before. Usually holidays are not inlcuded in the really low rates, but you still get 10% off. You can always modify your reservation to the lower rate, if its available. But its up to you to call and modify, they won't do it automatically. Also, you can call and ask for the AP rate, even if you don't have your AP yet. They won't ask for a number or anything. But when you check in you'll have to show your AP.

disneymania
01-08-2005, 04:01 PM
Thanks for all your help guys. Guess I have to call, figured as much-but was looking for an easier way. :~D

scanmom
01-08-2005, 04:08 PM
We booked a room last March at PPH about 2 months in advance with an AP rate. We checked in and the clerk asked for my AP, and I told her that I was going to buy it when I got to the park that day. She said that was fine, just be sure to show it before we checked out. As soon as I returned from the park that evening, I took my pass to the front desk and they said o.k.. We had no problems or extra charges at checkout.
I don't know if there are any AP rates out for Feb. yet, but as soon as they are out I would book a room and plan on showing your card at checkin. You definatly do NOT need the card to book the room. :D

disney jones
01-08-2005, 08:21 PM
it seems like they are announced on a quarterly basis for the next 3 months or so. The October AP newsletter announced them for Oct-Jan, including some available up to Dec 16th in December. However, the Feb ones have not been announced yet, even though it's just a bit over 3 weeks away.

disneymania
01-09-2005, 08:28 AM
Does anyone know what the rates for Jan are? Do the AP rates tend to stay the same? I can't imagine it dropping that much.

disney jones
01-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Call DLH reservations for the most AP current rates. They do shift around a bit - i.e., off-peak season rates are going to be less than summer rates.

Wendi
01-09-2005, 11:28 AM
Does anyone know what the rates for Jan are? Do the AP rates tend to stay the same? I can't imagine it dropping that much.

The PPH had rates "as low as" $79 in January. They tend to stay relatively the same, but will go up and down with the seasons a little bit. Also, they will be available more during some seasons and less in others.