PDA

View Full Version : Squinky's Back

Ace
12-11-2001, 03:31 PM
Hello everyone...I just got back from my once-a-year trip to Disneyland. I went for 2 days, the 9th and the 10th. At last count, it was (total)

10 rides on Indy
8 on Splash Mountain
4 on The Haunted Mansion (which rules in the holiday form)
4 on the Matterhorn
3 on Space Mountain
3 on Thunder Mountain
My First Mark Twain ride
My First Tiki Room
7 frozen bananas
2 bowls of steak gumbo
4 Dole Whips
1 Matterhorn Poster
1 Haunted Mansion Hearse
1 Disneyland The Album CD
1 Indy Mug

man.... I'm exhausted.... but it was a gooooooooooooood trip.

Ralph Wiggum
12-11-2001, 03:34 PM
You totally should have met up with us. We had a blast meeting Jrob. Glad you had fun though. The lines on Sunday night were so short. Indy was a 5 min wait...10 mins cause it broke down.

zapppop
12-11-2001, 03:36 PM
It was too cold Sunday night.
I didn't bring a jacket so after 6PM I went home.

Ralph Wiggum
12-11-2001, 03:39 PM
It was pretty cold that night. Thank god the winds died down enough for the fireworks to go off. I kinda liked how right after a firework exploded the trail and smoke would drift to the side in a cool design. Does anyone know if Luminaria was cancelled on sunday or not. I know Jrob said it was on Saturday cause of winds.

innerSpaceman
12-11-2001, 03:42 PM
Welcome back Squinky. I could feel your I-Love-Disneyland vibe on Sunday all the way from DCA.

Ace
12-11-2001, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by Ralph Wiggum
I kinda liked how right after a firework exploded the trail and smoke would drift to the side in a cool design.

That was so cool! It stayed in the same pattern for so long! Well I didn't stay til 10 on Saturday.... you wanna know why? After waiting almost half a year to go to Disneyland..... I'm walking through the hub, and without falling or tripping or ANYTHING, my foot starts to hurt. Bad! for no reason at all. I must have limped for 5 hours before I left... I am so thankful it didn't hurt the next day.... but seriously. think about that. wouldn't that be like r2-d2 just fizzing out right before luke was headed into the death star? or brer rabbit getting impaled on a spike when they threw him into the briar patch? ........geez.......you guys have no idea how much it hurt. if you saw a kid limping and or hopping on his right foot, that was me. I hopped across tommorowland without stopping. I had to leave before the fireworks and the snow both days, which was the only bad part of my visit. I tried dole whips for the first time.....mmmmm. and I experienced my first light-chaser hatred. the kids think it's a good idea to press that button right in the middle of star tours! and POTC, too.... how lame. the single rider for Indy rules....I saw a guy with a collection. he would just use one and get off and pull one more ouyt and go right back on. he had an Indy shirt on...true fan? the mansion was so cool! that was my 3rd ride sunday... it was soooooo cool! The elevator and the dining room are my favorite parts. hmmm... I went on the matterhorn for the first time in a while...better than I remembered. I finally saw bones in Indy! it was hilarious. I also had the biggest smile on my face the whole day. The best part was when I was running at the beginning, right after it opened, and I was behind a lot of people, so I was like mannn.... but they ALL went to Indy, so I was running along the ROA and into NOS all by myself!!!! I went straight to Splash mountain and got my own boat! it ruled! I was the FIRST ONE all day! I'll never forget that... The Mark Twain was cool....the Shaman audioanimatronic was so cool. The Tiki Room was also so cool. yaaaaaaaaay! I saw the time capsule thing in front of Sleeping beauty Castle.... Does anyone know what's in it? All I know is that I'll be there in 2035 to see it opened....yess I will.... gotta go now, tired...need sleep. write more later.......