PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland now or later?

Uncle Remus
01-07-2005, 07:19 PM
My mother is trying to figure out when we should go to Disneyland. I have a personal preference at the moment but I was wondering what you Disneyland nerds thought. If we went on febuary 18th or so we would miss out on splash and tiki room. We would have to buy two black out days a piece (which is still better then regular price) and there is 4 of us. We also run the possibility that it will rain, which my mother is firmly against (we live in oregon, going to california to see rain doesn't seem right). Although I hear Disneyland is awesome in the rain because of short lines and more park to yourself. Our other option is to try to go in march (spring break) before our annual passes expire on March 23rd. More rides would be open but crowds might be alittle much. So what's your opinion?

rentayenta
01-07-2005, 07:23 PM
Personally, the crowds don't bother me. It may rain in March as well. I would go in March because I'd rather go when things aren't closed and you won't have to pay the extra $60 per person.

HorizonsA
01-07-2005, 07:27 PM
if it were me then I would go now and later. :D

But if you would like to save some money and not miss The Tiki Room and Splash Mountain, then I would suggest March. Plus, I think, not positive, but I think that the new Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters will be open by then, so you'd get a little bonus there.

SCUBAbe
01-07-2005, 08:12 PM
well, I'm not a nerd, but I would choose feb, because i hate crowds..:)

disney jones
01-07-2005, 08:36 PM
i think the chances of rain are equally good in Feb or Mar.

i don't think the crowds will be much different either way, especially since you'd be doing blackout days in Feb, which is a holiday weekend. Even in March, they'd be nothing like Christmas or the Summer.

i'd definitely try to avoid blackout days since you've already invested a considerable sum in an AP and may not have had too much of a chance to use it so far.

i'd check the refurbishment schedule and mainly make my decision off of that if there's an atraction that's a must see that's only available one of the months.

Uncle Remus
01-07-2005, 09:46 PM
Well I have already used my pass enough that I got more then my money's worth. I went last year during spring break, and twice during the summer. and to the person that said "I'm not a nerd". I have to say... If you went out of your way to sign up on mousepad (a site all about disney), read my message, and reply to it to give your ideas about when I should go to Disneyland. well... I'd have to say you are. Just to remind you this is not an insult at all, I am proud to be a disneyland geek and you should be too :).

disneyhound
01-08-2005, 06:58 AM
...but I was wondering what you Disneyland nerds thought...

I'm sure you wrote that with love and respect...

I like the off-season, sure some rides are closed, but I don't do massive crowds well, just the nerd in me!

merlinjones
01-08-2005, 07:07 AM
Go when Tomorrowland is fully restored...

D-lander 1956
01-08-2005, 07:11 AM
Go when Tomorrowland is fully restored...

. . . which is somewhere far off in the distance from now! :mad:

SCUBAbe
01-08-2005, 11:57 AM
Well I have already used my pass enough that I got more then my money's worth. I went last year during spring break, and twice during the summer. and to the person that said "I'm not a nerd". I have to say... If you went out of your way to sign up on mousepad (a site all about disney), read my message, and reply to it to give your ideas about when I should go to Disneyland. well... I'd have to say you are. Just to remind you this is not an insult at all, I am proud to be a disneyland geek and you should be too :).

I will take the geek title, but I'm far from being a nerd. I do not have the knowledge that the Disney nerds have. While palying a DL type game I realized I suck at Disney realted pictures and trivia compared to others. So, while I enjoy the park and may know more than an average visitor....I am far from being a nerd, but geek I will take. I'm also a computer geek...LOL

and I was not offended and do not think it's bad to be a DL nerd...while some are bit overbaord, but for the most part it's a good thing..:)

arielova
01-08-2005, 11:58 AM
if it were me then I would go now and later. :D

But if you would like to save some money and not miss The Tiki Room and Splash Mountain, then I would suggest March. Plus, I think, not positive, but I think that the new Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters will be open by then, so you'd get a little bonus there.

Ditto.