PDA

View Full Version : Specials for staying at the Grand Californian

Raven
01-07-2005, 12:37 PM
Hello, we are going to stay at the Grand Californian this year. Does anybody know if there are any special tours or other type of "specials" that you get for staying at one of the hotels on site? Thanks!

01-07-2005, 12:40 PM
If you stay at the Grand Californian, you may take a GCH guest-only tour of Disney's California Adventure one hour before the park itself opens. The tour includes a ride on Soarin'.

There are also available tours of the hotel's architecture.

Raven
01-07-2005, 01:27 PM
Thank you very much...I am also planning on taking the "Walking in Walt's Footsteps" Tour.

sierranevada
01-07-2005, 02:16 PM
They also have a "Grand Quest" everyday from 4 - 5 pm (it will be listed on the info sheet they put in your room with turn down). The Grand Quest is a scavenger hunt in the hotel. Once you have completed it, you turn in your sheet to guest services and you get a coupon for a free cookie. The first family that completes the quest, is chosen as the "Grand Family of the Day". We just did it in December and as the Grand Family you get a big balloon bouquet, a picture with the resort CMs, we got a free photo with Santa (don't know if they will substitute something else) but the best part was you get the key to the Craftsman Lounge (conceirge) for that evening to enjoy the snacks and watch the Fireworks! The also switch between early entry into Lego Store to build something and early entry into Build A Bear to build a stuffed animal.

They use to offer on the weekends, an E-ride experience especially for teens. There was an added fee, but this basically was a guided "tour" for teens with no-waits to ride 5 E-ticket attractions at both Disneyland and California Adventure. (Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure and Big Thunder Mountain I believe were the featured attractions).

Have fun!

rentayenta
01-07-2005, 02:18 PM
^^^^^ that sounds awesome!

Surfingstitch
01-07-2005, 02:22 PM
They use to offer on the weekends, an E-ride experience especially for teens. There was an added fee, but this basically was a guided "tour" for teens with no-waits to ride 5 E-ticket attractions at both Disneyland and California Adventure. (Tower of Terror, California Screamin', Splash Mountain, Indiana Jones Adventure and Big Thunder Mountain I believe were the featured attractions).

Have fun!

That is my kind of offer. 5 E-Rides and no waits.

sami869
01-07-2005, 03:52 PM
They also have a "Grand Quest" everyday from 4 - 5 pm (it will be listed on the info sheet they put in your room with turn down). The Grand Quest is a scavenger hunt in the hotel. Once you have completed it, you turn in your sheet to guest services and you get a coupon for a free cookie. The first family that completes the quest, is chosen as the "Grand Family of the Day". We just did it in December and as the Grand Family you get a big balloon bouquet, a picture with the resort CMs, we got a free photo with Santa (don't know if they will substitute something else) but the best part was you get the key to the Craftsman Lounge (conceirge) for that evening to enjoy the snacks and watch the Fireworks! The also switch between early entry into Lego Store to build something and early entry into Build A Bear to build a stuffed animal.

Wow that sounds great. I've never heard of any of that before.

DopeyWife
01-08-2005, 08:03 AM

Have fun!

Wow, I have never heard of this, and we have stayed at the Grand Californian before. Is this somewhat new?

sierranevada
01-08-2005, 08:08 AM
Wow, I have never heard of this, and we have stayed at the Grand Californian before. Is this somewhat new?

I had read about it several months prior to our December trip. When we got there, it is listed in the daily info sheet they leave in your room at turn down but I don't think it is a highly publisized event. I had also read about the Lego event but the week we were there, the CM said that they changed it periodically and that they were currently offering before opening entry into Build A Bear.

Wendi
01-08-2005, 08:20 AM
Wow, I wish we had done the Grand Quest on our last trip now... we kept meaning to go but never got back to do it!!!

They also list a lot of other specials, things like private Build-A-Bear workshops an hour before the store opens. Sephora makeovers before the store opens, etc.

They also give you some insider information, like when we were there, they announced that there would be a sneak preview of "Believe... In Holiday Magic" a night earlier than they were supposed to begin, so we had secret information that most park guests didn't know about until they announced it in the park that night.