PDA

View Full Version : Water refills

Pages : [1] 2

char_m73
01-07-2005, 10:33 AM
Last question, I think.....

Are there places in the park I could refill water bottles? Fountains? (other than the bathrooms.....)

mystycalchyk
01-07-2005, 10:35 AM
There are several water fountains. Also at most counter service restaurants you can ask for ice water. It's free.

But IMO CA water is nasty. I only bring bottled.

Surfingstitch
01-07-2005, 10:38 AM
There are several water fountains. Also at most counter service restaurants you can ask for ice water. It's free.

Tell them you want a "Water Cup"

Then you won't be charged.

TikiGeek
01-07-2005, 10:39 AM
There are fountains throughout the park. My favorite place to refill water bottles is just outside the Mint Julep Bar. Also, anyplace that serves fountain drinks will give you a regular size cup of ice water, you just have to wait in line and ask politely. Remember to say thank you :)

ETA - the phone rang while I was typing and you guys beat me to the answer :D

tink's mom
01-07-2005, 10:39 AM
Take a Brita water bottle. It has a filter on it so it improves the taste of the water. You can refill it at the fountains and you'll only have to carry one bottle of water instead of a million!

Andrew
01-07-2005, 10:53 AM
It's really only Anaheim water. Most other California cities have decent if not very good tap water.

mystycalchyk
01-07-2005, 11:00 AM
It's really only Anaheim water. Most other California cities have decent if not very good tap water.

oops. Shows you how much I know. The only place I ever go in CA is to Disneyland.
well wait, we went to San Diego, once.....7 years ago. But since then its only been DLand :fez:

the mad hatter
01-07-2005, 11:00 AM

You can spot non-California resident a mile away. lol, i'm glad you've taken the time to sample every bit of tap water in CA ;) jk

mystycalchyk
01-07-2005, 11:01 AM
You can spot non-California resident a mile away. lol, i'm glad you've taken the time to sample every bit of tap water in CA ;) jk

:p I beat you too it smartypants. See my post above :p

Captain Josh
01-07-2005, 11:01 AM
a case of 'Strange but True'

I found if you're going to refill water at drinking fountains, one of the best fountains I found, mind you this was in the middle of summer, was next to the waterfalls on Tom Sawyer Island. It's a bit much to go to, just to refill a bottle or canteen, I admit, but this water was cold, and the fountain had a good amount of pressure, making it rather easy to fill up my canteen.

TikiGeek
01-07-2005, 11:02 AM

San Diego water is worse than Anaheim water - but it does contain 100% of your daily calcium requirements :D

The further north you go in California the better the water gets.

mystycalchyk
01-07-2005, 11:05 AM
San Diego water is worse than Anaheim water - but it does contain 100% of your daily calcium requirements :D

The further north you go in California the better the water gets.

See? there you go. I've only had San Diego and Anaheim water :D

BTW people come from all over Arizona to get Flagstaff water and I think its nasty too. Im a water snob. But don't judge me till you've been hospitalised with Kidney stones 8 times. Then we'll talk :p

the mad hatter
01-07-2005, 11:14 AM
:p I beat you too it smartypants. See my post above :p

Another tell-tale sign of a non-Cali-individual.........the word 'smartypants' ;)

/jk

marktips
01-07-2005, 11:21 AM
What brand of bottled water does Disneyland use?

TikiGeek
01-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Dasani - Coke products :rolleyes:

rentayenta
01-07-2005, 11:35 AM
Just buy a couple of cases to keep with you in your room. We would bring in a few bottles with us daily and throw them in the bottem of the stroller so we wouldn't have to lug them around.

wenderella
01-07-2005, 11:38 AM
Just a little FYI for all of you...The only "refrigerated" water in the park is located inside of First Aid behind the Main Street Photo Supply at the end of Main Street. They have cups there to drink from and the water is refreshing. The nurses in there are always friendly and love to see people coming in to rehydrate. It's also airconditioned for a short summer break.

Surfingstitch
01-07-2005, 12:14 PM
Dasani Bottled water is soooooooooooooooo much better then the gross arrowhead water they use to have.

the mad hatter
01-07-2005, 12:48 PM
Dasani Bottled water is soooooooooooooooo much better then the gross arrowhead water they use to have.

How is one water brand soooooo much better than another?? I think you're just fooling yourself because of the fancy name. :geek:

Surfingstitch
01-07-2005, 12:54 PM
Arrowhead water is very blah.

Dasani taste like water from home.

no sulfer

the mad hatter
01-07-2005, 12:59 PM
Arrowhead water is very blah.

Dasani taste like water from home.

no sulfer

Isn't all water 'blah' though? does dasani add flavors or something?? i'm really not getting how one water can be better than another when water doesn't even have a real taste to begin with.

disney jones
01-07-2005, 01:08 PM
i like the IASMW water myself - so much better than the Rivers of America :eek:

the mad hatter
01-07-2005, 01:17 PM
i like the IASMW water myself - so much better than the Rivers of America :eek:

That reminds me of the simpsons episode where they are at duff gardens (pseudo DL) and lisa drinks the water from the IASW like ride and goes crazy.

magicpointeshoe
01-07-2005, 01:22 PM
Isn't all water 'blah' though? does dasani add flavors or something?? i'm really not getting how one water can be better than another when water doesn't even have a real taste to begin with.

While Penn and Teller may have had a point on their show with that, I still taste water just fine. If the water is very cold, I'll usually drink it fine, without a real aftertaste of the water being disgusting. But, if you drink that water at room temperature, there is a distict difference in taste. Well except Evian which tastes gross to me no matter the temperature.

TikiGeek
01-07-2005, 01:48 PM

Actually :geek: , bottled waters do taste different. If you read the bottles, it says that they add minerals to enhance the taste. So I'm sure that they all have a "proprietary blend" and that would account for the difference.

BTW - don't you think it's odd that Evian spelled backward is naive :confused: