PDA

View Full Version : Disneyland AP event: Patina Group hosts tour of Downtown Disney Restaurants

AVP
01-07-2005, 09:47 AM
The Patina Group will host a “culinary tour” of their Downtown Disney restaurant locations on Monday, February 28 from 4-9 p.m. Be advised that this is not a guided tour per se, but a self-guided exploration of the three Patina restaurants in Downtown Disney. A "reception area" at each location will provide an opportunity to sample dishes made at that restaurant.

The cost is $10 per person, and the event is limited to Disneyland Resort annual passholders. Reservations are required: RSVP to 866-9PATINA, or send an e-mail to kwinter@patinagroup.com. More information will be mailed to you once you sign up.

Tony and I have signed up - anyone else going?

AVP

millionairegirl
01-07-2005, 09:55 AM
Hmmm, maybe. I do love the Patina Group, but Mondays are tough. Do you know if I can buy a ticket for my non-AP husband if I have an AP.

cstephens
01-07-2005, 10:07 AM
I saw this on the AP website, but I'm not sure if it's going to be worth my trouble to drive all the way down there for this. The only place of the three Patina locations (7 if you count all the various menus individually) I'm not familiar with is Naples, and I can't even bring myself to go to Naples after everything I've heard about it. I was figuring on trying to find out more information before I decided.

Disneyphile
01-07-2005, 10:59 AM
Sweet! I think I know what we'll be doing for dinner that night. :D

olegc
01-07-2005, 11:33 AM
yeah - that's a good question. If I am an AP holder, but my wife is not, can I buy her a ticket or does everyone need to be an AP holder?

cstephens
01-07-2005, 12:04 PM
OK, I just called the phone number and asked. Apparently, it wasn't something they thought about before hand, because the woman had to check when I asked her, and she was gone a while, though she was very nice. Everyone attending has to have an AP, even in the case of a spouse. Not sure I quite agree with that, but hey, not my program.

biolabetty
01-07-2005, 12:05 PM
My husband and I are going to do this. We've never tried any of the restaurants and have been curious as to what they served and the quality.

cyberRoo
01-07-2005, 12:26 PM
Everyone attending has to have an AP, even in the case of a spouse. Not sure I quite agree with that, but hey, not my program.

But isn't this true of all the "AP exclusive" events? Could you buy a ticket for, say, the Bug's Life AP Preview for a non-AP friend or spouse? (I'm trying to think of other AP events, but nothing else recent comes to mind.)

VickiC
01-07-2005, 01:25 PM
It's true for Disney hosted events but AP discounts at restaurants apply to the whole party even if only the one guest is a AP holder.

CrazyTrain
01-07-2005, 01:29 PM
Which restaurants are the Patina ones?

VickiC
01-07-2005, 01:46 PM
http://www.patinagroup.com/index_flash.html

cstephens
01-07-2005, 02:21 PM
But isn't this true of all the "AP exclusive" events? Could you buy a ticket for, say, the Bug's Life AP Preview for a non-AP friend or spouse? (I'm trying to think of other AP events, but nothing else recent comes to mind.)

Hmmm, now I'm trying to remember too. I was thinking of the "AP has to buy it but can buy a limited number for non-APs too", but I can't think of a good example. So I guess the AP can taste, and the non-AP can just watch? ;)

Which restaurants are the Patina ones?

Tortilla Jo's (inside dining room, cantina and taqueria/take out), Catal (upstairs dining room and downstairs uva bar, inside and outside) and Naples (which also includes Napolini, the take-out/grab-and-go part).

CrazyTrain
01-08-2005, 09:55 AM
Thanks for the info.
Now the trick will be to convince my friends to go to the park twice in one month... or at least that day. :rolleyes:

BillsGirl
01-18-2005, 02:00 PM
My Husband & I will be going with a couple of our friends. I called today to make reservations. The gal explained everything and it sounds like fun!!

merlinjones
01-18-2005, 02:37 PM
If the Patina group would like me to spend more money with them, I'd start at the bar. $8.50 is a scandalous price to ask for a "short tub" call cocktail - - once you tip a dollar, you have effectively spent $10 on a very small gin and tonic that is mostly ice. No second rounds on that tab...

If it were a "tall boy" at that price I might be willing to see the logic, but it feels like rape rather than relaxation at that rate, and I'm forced to leave Downtown Disney if I want a nip and desire to keep any self-respect...

No one wants to feel like a sucker...

rentayenta
01-18-2005, 03:14 PM
I agree merlinjones. When we ate at Naples, the food was good but one beer costs as much as a six pack :rolleyes:

cstephens
01-18-2005, 03:41 PM
If it were a "tall boy" at that price I might be willing to see the logic, but it feels like rape rather than relaxation at that rate

I'm thinking someone who's actually been raped might object to your equating a violent crime to voluntarily purchasing an alcoholic drink.

CoasterChickie
01-18-2005, 03:49 PM
Wow! If you don't drink alcoholic beverages , it sounds like a good deal for only $10.00. If you do drink, it seems like it would make more sense to have drinks at your home or hotel room beforehand. Wish I was gonna be there that night. Have fun all of you who are going! :)

BillsGirl
01-18-2005, 04:13 PM
I was told you would get a drink at each location. Her words were "a Margartia at Tortilla Joes, or a Glass of wine at Naples" ect. I personally don't drink anything but the really hard stuff (Roy Rogers) tee hee!! But she said it would be buffet style and you could go to each of the restuarants as many times as you like!!

CrazyTrain
01-18-2005, 05:15 PM
I was told you would get a drink at each location. Her words were "a Margartia at Tortilla Joes, or a Glass of wine at Naples" ect. I personally don't drink anything but the really hard stuff (Roy Rogers) tee hee!! But she said it would be buffet style and you could go to each of the restuarants as many times as you like!!

Ah, now THAT just might convince my friends to go! :p Thanks for the info!