PDA

View Full Version : Crowds? [for Feb. 22-26]

scanmom
01-07-2005, 07:41 AM
We are thinking of going to DLR from feb 22-26. That is the tues. - sat AFTER presidents weekend. Will the parks still be crowded?, or will most of the people go away after presidents day (mon 2-21)? We have AP's, but live in Oklahoma, and the AP"s expire March 14th. We would like to get 1 more trip out of them. When we came last year for our spring break, it was way before easter, so we expected low crowds. Apparently the whole state of Arizona was on spring break then also, so it was PACKED. We had fun, but would like to go when it's not so busy. TIA!! :D

sediment
01-07-2005, 07:44 AM
I predict heavy rains. It won't be very crowded. I'd go that week, that's how not-crowded I think it will be (except that I wouldn't go in the rain -- mostly because of the drive, not the rain in DL part).

scanmom
01-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I have never done Disney in the rain. Do you think there is a possibility of an all day-all week rain kind of thing? Or just SOME rain? I guess if it is a warm rain, it wouldn't be TOO bad. But I avoid rides like GRR because I don't like walking around wet and sloshy. I am worried that an all day kind of rain would make me/us too uncomfortable to enjoy the parks. :confused:

sediment
01-07-2005, 08:24 AM
You just have to dress for the occasion. Waterproof jackets with hoods, umbrellas, rain boots, etc. It's really not that bad.
I'm as good at predicting weather a month and a half in advance as anyone. (Meaning, I'm no good.)
This just seems like a wetter than average rainy season, so it seems that will be raining until April.
Also, GRR has a summer/winter switch to raise or lower the amount of wetness you'll get. (Seriously. I saw it on a documentary on Discovery.)

scanmom
01-07-2005, 05:52 PM
probably rain, lots of ride closures, but probably low crowds. HMMM, I will have to think about this. Thanks for the info! :rolleyes:

Alpha1mom
01-08-2005, 05:35 AM
Be for-warned..
Jr Nationals Cheerleading Competitions Feb 25th & 26th at the Convention Center. We are coming from Northern Ca with 60 cheerleaders! (not including families)
This can make for a very busy weekend!

scanmom
01-08-2005, 07:27 AM
I will definatly need to think about this!