PDA

View Full Version : Locker information

char_m73
01-07-2005, 07:32 AM
So now i know where the lockers are, and how much they cost..... but do you pay cash, coins, bills, credit card?

sediment
01-07-2005, 07:36 AM
I think you can use any of those options. There are a few kiosks that operate all of the lockers. Pay there, and you get the code to enter a specific locker (that you've designated). Code works all day (or I think when you state that you are finished with it).
It's a nice system. But, I haven't been there first thing in the morning.

Cost: I don't know. Different costs for different sizes, that's all I know.

Arnie
01-07-2005, 08:16 AM
So now i know where the lockers are, and how much they cost..... but do you pay cash, coins, bills, credit card?

The Lockers in Disneyland are on Mainstreet at the end of the side street by the Market House, next the Window Ice Cream shop. There are also lockers just inside DCA, and near Grizzley River Rapids. I think there may be some in the Esplanade too.

When I was there we always got a locker in Disneyland on Mainstreet and it was $6 for one of the larger ones. The mostly have small ones that I think are $5. The big one fit a backpack and a few other small items.

I would get there early as the large lockers sell out early and they all may be sold out before the afternoon. The code you get does work all day and I don't think there is anyway to say you are done with it, so there will not be more lockers available later as people leave. The kiosk you go to only operates a range of lockers like 1-100 so if that one is full move on to the next kiosk and it would operate something like 101-200.

One note the kiosk do give you change but it is in $1 dollar coins, made the mistake once and then on made sure I had correct change. Nothing quite like carrying $14 in coins in your pocket.

char_m73
01-07-2005, 08:37 AM
thanks, that answers my question, just didn't want to get into the park and have to go looking for change.

Arnie
01-07-2005, 08:57 AM
thanks, that answers my question, just didn't want to get into the park and have to go looking for change.

Oh also forget to say that the kiosk I used did not take coins, so all those dollar coins they give don't get to be used the next day for a locker. I was able to exchange one for an actuall dollar bill at the Market House.

char_m73
01-07-2005, 09:04 AM
thanks Arnie

b52hbuff
01-07-2005, 09:30 AM
The code you get does work all day and I don't think there is anyway to say you are done with it, so there will not be more lockers available later as people leave.

This is incorrect. You can tell the locker controller when you're done and it'll free up the locker for someone else to use.

cstephens
01-07-2005, 09:52 AM
Oh also forget to say that the kiosk I used did not take coins, so all those dollar coins they give don't get to be used the next day for a locker. I was able to exchange one for an actuall dollar bill at the Market House.

I would expect you could exchange the dollar coin for a dollar bill at the bank on Main Street. Or if nothing else, use the dollar coins to buy Disney Dollars, and use that as normal spending money or exchange those for regular dollars at other locations.

Arnie
01-07-2005, 10:07 AM
This is incorrect. You can tell the locker controller when you're done and it'll free up the locker for someone else to use.

By controller do you mean the kiosk where you pay for and enter your code to open the locker? If so I never noticed a place to do it.

cstephens
01-07-2005, 10:09 AM
By controller do you mean the kiosk where you pay for and enter your code to open the locker? If so I never noticed a place to do it.

Yep, there. There's a screen that pops up that asks you if you still want to use the locker or if you're done for the day, but we've not been able to figure out if it's programmed to show up only on expected busy days or if the screen shows up all the time.

sediment
01-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Maybe it's dynamic, based on the number of lockers in use.

disney jones
01-07-2005, 10:51 AM
i thought by kiosk controller, you meant a CM who works around the lockers. When i checked out of mine two weeks ago, the kiosk didn't say one was freed up because some one was trying to get it immediately from me as they were full.

A CM was there and went to the kiosk to free it up, so i'm not sure if it was automatic.

Also that's a good tip to get the larger lockers. I got the small one for $5 last time, but it didn't fit everything i wanted to put in there. I didn't even look to see how much the big ones were (trying to save $$$), but if they are only a $1 more, what a deal!!

Pammer
01-07-2005, 01:29 PM
As Arnie said, there are lockers located off the Esplanade on both sides...to the left of the DL entrance, and to the left of the DCA entrance. An advantage to using a locker outside of the parks would be if you're park-hopping...for example, let's say you start your day in DL but end it in DCA after the EP...you want to go back to your motel for the night, but you would have to re-enter DL to get to your locker first! If the park is near closing, Main St. would be jammed, and you would be swimming upstream!

Of course, this wouldn't affect those of you who hate DCA and never leave DL! ;)

Also, these lockers don't seem to fill as quickly as the ones on Main St. However, do get one first thing in the morning wherever you choose...they are cheap and well worth not having to carry extra stuff around all day.

One more thing, I prefer to use my credit card...it's very quick and easy to use.

Arnie
01-07-2005, 03:13 PM
I had the fun time of getting to the locker on Main Street just before the evening Christmas Parade on the Saturday before Christmas. Family was saving a spot at DCA for Electrical Parade, while I ran over to grab coats and sweatshirts as it was getting cold.

Enter Disneyland to be forced to only enter through right tunnel and to get only half of the sidewalk to walk down as people waiting for the parade to begin are sitting/standing on the other half. They for some insane reason are not letting anyone walk down the street(this is about 30-45 minutes before the parade is to begin too.) Fight my way through the crowds to the locker, and climb over the family unloading everything in the world out of the stroller in the middle of the locker aisle.

Proceed to leave the lockers and cross the street so that I can be going downstream and get back to DCA. But wait there is a 1,000 Cheerleaders marching down Mainstreet. So I wait by the crossing area where a CM constantly has to tell people to keep moving unless they are going to cross. 10 minutes later and 25 mintues till parade starts the let us cross, but not use the street just the half sidewalk.

That was not a lot of fun but I suppose it may have been better than sitting on the ground for an hour.

Pammer has a good suggestions to use the ones out front for Park Hopping. I am not sure if they are any bigger or cost anything different.

driftwood714
01-08-2005, 09:14 PM

Size Dimensions Cost Availability
Small 9.5" x 11" x 18" $5 All Day
Medium 12.5" x 17" x 18" $6 All Day
Large 15" x 16.6" x 22.6" $7 All Day
Extra Large 15" x 23" x 22.6" $8 All Day Inside Picnic Area Only

JeffG
01-09-2005, 08:52 AM
As Arnie said, there are lockers located off the Esplanade on both sides...to the left of the DL entrance, and to the left of the DCA entrance.

There also are lockers in the picnic area, which is located near the Mickey & Friend's tram stop just outside the bag check area. It isn't very well known that those lockers are there, so they sometimes may still be available even after the others have filled up. The fact that they are outside the bag check also make them useful for storing items that you can't take through the bag check, such as wrapped gifts for a birthday party or knifes that are to be used for a picnic.

Although they are probably best as a last resort if nothing else is available, I also don't think anyone has mentioned that there are additional lockers inside Disneyland next to the Fantasyland Theater across from "It's a Small World".

-Jeff

disney jones
01-09-2005, 10:13 AM
I also don't think anyone has mentioned that there are additional lockers inside Disneyland next to the Fantasyland Theater across from "It's a Small World". those aren't there anymore unfortunately :crying: