PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Delivery in Anaheim

SarahJanet
01-06-2005, 12:47 PM
I'm heading to Disneyland over Easter (I know, I know, but it's the only time we can go), and I'm sure I read somewhere that one of the grocery stores in the area delivers to hotels/motels. This would suit us very well indeed since we won't have a rental car. Does anyone know anything about this?

Thanks!

SnoopysDad
01-06-2005, 02:25 PM
Go to the Vons and Albertsons websites and check to see if you are in the area... Try pavillions also. You will need the locals zip code.

VickiC
01-06-2005, 04:07 PM
Vons.com

Pammer
01-07-2005, 01:10 PM
Another suggestion: There's a Foods 4 Less a few blocks west of the resort on Katella...you could always buy a day pass for $2.50 on the Orange County Transit Authority (bus) and make a quick trip. That's how we go to the Disney Character Warehouse Outlet store (a few miles north off of Harbor) when we don't have a car.

Surfingstitch
01-07-2005, 01:44 PM
Another suggestion: There's a Foods 4 Less a few blocks west of the resort on Katella...you could always buy a day pass for $2.50 on the Orange County Transit Authority (bus) and make a quick trip. That's how we go to the Disney Character Warehouse Outlet store (a few miles north off of Harbor) when we don't have a car.

Hey.

Which bus is it? I have never been and want to go to the character warehouse for once. Does it have a lot of cool stuff.

Anyone know the hours?

Darkbeer
01-07-2005, 01:53 PM
^ And you can kill a few birds with one stone, there is another Food4Less next to the Character Warehouse, plus an In-n-Out across the street:fez:

Pammer
01-07-2005, 02:02 PM
I think they're open until 9pm Mon-Sat, and 7pm on Sun. (opening around 10am). Here's the info from MouseSavers.com:

http://www.mousesavers.com/otherdl.html

Shop at the Disney Character Warehouse outlet. You can get great deals on Disney merchandise at this outlet store a little over 3 miles from Disneyland. For basic Disney souvenirs, such as t-shirts, sweatshirts and mugs, you can't beat the prices. Disney's Character Warehouse is located at 233 Orangefair Mall. You can call (714) 870-9363 to check hours, etc.

To get to the Disney Character Warehouse from Disneyland, go north on Harbor Blvd and cross Hwy 91. Make a right at Orangethorpe and another right at Pomona, which is a street that goes right into the Orangefair Marketplace shopping center. A Michael's store is right in front of you; drive toward it and then go left to get to the Character Warehouse, which is at the corner of the building.

The Anaheim Chamber of Commerce web site has a printable 10% off coupon for the Character Warehouse!

As for OCTA, here is their website:

http://www.octa.net/busrail/geninfo/find.asp

Take Route 43 North to stop #1805 (Orangefair Mall). Walk east through the mall parking lot, the store is the last one, I think. (Use their Trip Planner if you start somewhere other than Harbor.) And my apologies...their day pass has gone up to $3...still a good deal! FYI...it's about a 20 minute bus ride. Happy shopping!

Pammer
01-07-2005, 02:03 PM
^ And you can kill a few birds with one stone, there is another Food4Less next to the Character Warehouse, plus an In-n-Out across the street:fez:
Good point, unless you don't have a car...then it's a pain to carry groceries and your bargains on the bus! :D