PDA

View Full Version : What is this Billy Hilly Show??

Pages : [1] 2

Family5LovesDisney
01-06-2005, 12:31 PM
Help me out there.......I've read about this how in several threads and there wasn't any information I could find on the Disneyland Website. What is this show?? Where is it??? Do you have to make reservations?? :)

Thanks in advance! I am guessing this must be in Disneyland and it sounds like something my parents would enjoy when we are there in March.

mystycalchyk
01-06-2005, 12:35 PM
it is the be all end all of a rootin tootin good redneck time :)

go to frontierland, hang a left into the Golden Horseshoe (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/dining/detail?name=GoldenHorseshoeDiningPage). I suggest the artery clogging chili cheese fries :)

No reservations are required but people start lining up early for a good seat. Try for the one on the right of the stage (as you're looking at it) or the front row. I like it upstars as well. Get your seat first then get in line for your grub.

Also periodically you can catch some of the Billys performing outside whilst a show is going on inside. Love the outside shows as well :)

Family5LovesDisney
01-06-2005, 12:39 PM
it is the be all end all of a rootin tootin good redneck time :)

go to frontierland, hang a left into the Golden Horseshoe (http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/dining/detail?name=GoldenHorseshoeDiningPage). I suggest the artery clogging chili cheese fries :)

Hey they sound good!

So, we can eat lunch here and catch a show???

mystycalchyk
01-06-2005, 12:40 PM
yup ;)

chili cheese fries and a hot dog is my personal fav. They also have burgers.

You can check your daily map for show times when you go.

disneyperson
01-06-2005, 12:41 PM
the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show is loacted in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland. It is a funny combo of comedy and superb bluegrass musicianship. There;s a restaurant inside that serves chicken strips.fish and chips, and fried cheese, and pretty nice desserts. you don't have to buy food to watch the show. It's a good idea to get there early, 45 minutes to half hour before to grab a seat. Show times are posted outside. They don't play everyday in the off season, it should be listed on the show schedule on the DL calendar. Try to catch it.Something that entertains everyone from the oldest to the youngest and my goth teenager too, shouldn't be missed.

disney jones
01-06-2005, 12:43 PM
definitely see it - its a musical comedy show with banjoes, fiddles, guitars, a bass, etc.- no reservations needed, the earlier you get there, the better table you get - it depends on the crowd that day too of course.

you don't have to eat at the walk-up restraunt there, but they do have an assortment of fast food type items.

It's one of those things people bypass, because they aren't sure what it is, then when they finally have done everything else, they go, then kick themselves for missing it on previous trips. small children won't appreciate it much, but i think any one between the ages of 7 to 97 will think it was a highlight of their day.

The Billies are hilarious and talented musicians too.

mystycalchyk
01-06-2005, 12:44 PM
The Billies are hilarious and talented musicians too.

true that! Simply wonderful musicians. My fav is the mandolin player, but they are all super talented.

Family5LovesDisney
01-06-2005, 12:44 PM
the Billy Hill and the Hillbillies show is loacted in the Golden Horseshoe Saloon in Frontierland. It is a funny combo of comedy and superb bluegrass musicianship. There;s a restaurant inside that serves chicken strips.fish and chips, and fried cheese, and pretty nice desserts. you don't have to buy food to watch the show. It's a good idea to get there early, 45 minutes to half hour before to grab a seat. Show times are posted outside. They don't play everyday in the off season, it should be listed on the show schedule on the DL calendar. Try to catch it.Something that entertains everyone from the oldest to the youngest and my goth teenager too, shouldn't be missed.

Gosh, I missed this on the website. Thanks for pointing this all out. I'm sure we will hit a show here. I have read about it in several spots on Mouseplanet. We are going off season but will be in the park three days and one of the days is a Friday so hopefully we can see a show.

Family5LovesDisney
01-06-2005, 12:46 PM
It's one of those things people bypass, because they aren't sure what it is, then when they finally have done everything else, they go, then kick themselves for missing it on previous trips. small children won't appreciate it much, but i think any one between the ages of 7 to 97 will think it was a highlight of their day.

The Billies are hilarious and talented musicians too. I think I have missed shows like this in WDW for the same reason..........I had no idea what was in the building!

disney jones
01-06-2005, 12:52 PM
I think I have missed shows like this in WDW for the same reason..........I had no idea what was in the building!

Yeah, i've been going to DL for 40+ years, and this year, finally went to see it as we've literally done everything else. It was so much fun, though my 3 & 5 yr old girls were a bit baffled. Sit as close as you can, maybe even in one of the balcony seats.

the mad hatter
01-06-2005, 01:09 PM
I think they should change the name to the 'billy hilly show' as stated in the subject of this thread, it's funnier than the normal name. Not making fun...i just lol'd when i saw that.

mystycalchyk
01-06-2005, 01:13 PM
How funny I never even noticed the typo ;) Billy Hilly and the hillybillies?

Photographer
01-06-2005, 01:26 PM
After you fall in love with the Billies, you can buy their CD on Main St. :cool: I play my CD when I need cheering up.

Family5LovesDisney
01-06-2005, 01:40 PM
I think they should change the name to the 'billy hilly show' as stated in the subject of this thread, it's funnier than the normal name. Not making fun...i just lol'd when i saw that.

LOL! Shows you how much I know about this show! :)

Opus1guy
01-06-2005, 01:42 PM
Think "Deliverance" meets Walt Disney Pictures.

;)

mystycalchyk
01-06-2005, 01:49 PM
Think "Deliverance" meets Walt Disney Pictures.

;)

:eek:

Ummm hardly! Think more like The Beverly Hillbillies , not Deliverance!

BradysGirl
01-06-2005, 02:14 PM
true that! Simply wonderful musicians. My fav is the mandolin player, but they are all super talented.

Did you know that the mandolin player is one of the best in the whole world?!?! I'm not just saying that, it is true! I have a friend who dated him and it is a fact. Although, I must agree that they are all super talented.

Stupid_American
01-06-2005, 02:19 PM
No reservations are required but people start lining up early for a good seat..... Get your seat first then get in line for your grub.
The only real line is for the 11:45 show.
The Horseshoe opens its door around 11:20.
After that, it's come-and-go dining.

My fav is the mandolin player
Unfortunately, the original mandolin (Billytell/Evan) player doesn't appear as often.

After you fall in love with the Billies, you can buy their CD on Main St.
But, if someone else has already bought it, don't worry; they promise they'll make another one! (one of their lines)

arielova
01-06-2005, 02:25 PM
I have to say I've seen the show several times, giving it numerous times to impress me. But it hasn't happened. I do not watch this show when I go to DL. If someone with me wants to go I'll sit through it, but I never choose on my own to see it. I like the Golden Horseshoe Review much better. The food options were better and healthier, and the show had can-can girls and cowboys, It seemed like a saloon type comedy show. I might be the only person on the boards who feels this way, but I can't help it!!!! I don't like this show. :confused: :(

disneyguy247
01-06-2005, 04:09 PM
billy hill is one of the hidden gems of disneyland that i see almost every time i go. YOU MUST SEE IT!

GrumpyUTboi
01-06-2005, 04:28 PM
Arielova,

Please tell me don't go to DL for healthy food? To my family and I there is nothing better than eating healthy most of the year and then going to DL, seeing the show munching on a greasy delicious cheese burger with chili cheese fries and a nice big coke to wash it down.

I can't wait to have a corndog from the cart, or 10-15 churro's. I finally go to have the honey popcorn by the Pooh ride. I bought the souveniour honey pot. Boy ole boy I am hungry now! THe Pooh ride is not looking as bad, I could go on it another 27 times just to get my paws on some more of the honey popcorn, especially when it is nice and warm. Mmmmmm...... :D

Stupid_American
01-06-2005, 04:47 PM
seeing the show munching on a greasy delicious cheese burger

You'll have to import that cheeseburger!
The Horseshoe and Stage Door have changed to chicken fingers and fish n chips!
They still have the family sized slice of cake though.

Chris Lang
01-06-2005, 07:39 PM
You can see a short clip of Billy Hill and the Hillbillies (filmed last week, actually):

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/visions/dlr/disneyland/frt/goldenhorseshoe.html

Darkbeer
01-06-2005, 07:51 PM
http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/entertainment/detail?name=BillyHillAndHillbilliesEntertainmentPa ge

arielova
01-06-2005, 09:27 PM
Arielova,

Please tell me don't go to DL for healthy food? To my family and I there is nothing better than eating healthy most of the year and then going to DL, seeing the show munching on a greasy delicious cheese burger with chili cheese fries and a nice big coke to wash it down.

I can't wait to have a corndog from the cart, or 10-15 churro's. I finally go to have the honey popcorn by the Pooh ride. I bought the souveniour honey pot. Boy ole boy I am hungry now! THe Pooh ride is not looking as bad, I could go on it another 27 times just to get my paws on some more of the honey popcorn, especially when it is nice and warm. Mmmmmm...... :D

No, not the healthy food. :rolleyes: I guess I'm just looking for something to add on to the reasons I don't like the show. I guess the show in and of itself is really enough though. :D I just watched the above link and now painfully remember why I don't care for this show. :rolleyes: