PDA

View Full Version : Subs: $70 million - Nemo = $???

ModHatter
01-05-2005, 04:35 PM
First off, does anyone know how much previous drain-the-lagoon rehabs had for a budget?

Clearly, this is nowhere near the cost it will take to bring back the Subs, but I have been wondering for a while how much it would actually cost to bring back the original Subs attraction for, say, a limited-time engagement until a new attraction can be imagineered.

Obviously, the lagoon would have to be drained, show elements replaced, subs massively redone, etc. But without the Nemo effects, how much money would it really take?

TempoNZ
01-05-2005, 05:02 PM
My guess, take you highest quess and then double it.

There owuld be a lot in it. All the subs would probably need a rehab, no doubt one or 2 would need majo work. Elements would need to be refited again if a lot of work done on them. Who knows how much of the origional mechanic is in working order or need of repair etc. Painting, new queue areas etc, staff costs for getting it all up and running. Heck I think i've spent $5 mil and still haven't thought of everything (Though some of this would need to be done for Nemo if it gets the go ahead but then again if it is green lighted they will be working on that not the origional subs etc).

ModHatter
01-05-2005, 06:12 PM
see, $5 million... or even doubled to $10 million, is just a drop in the Nemo bucket. Especially considering how much has been spent developing the Nemo concept.

paulca
01-05-2005, 06:20 PM
they were doing something with the subs early this morning I am a cast member and they said there would be a crane there and 10 trucks all night for two nights

ModHatter
01-05-2005, 06:32 PM
they were doing something with the subs early this morning I am a cast member and they said there would be a crane there and 10 trucks all night for two nights

I read that on another board. Don't know if it was you or another CM.

I guess we need to get someone who can't be fired to stand on the Harbor overpass and see what they can get pictures of.

For that matter, has anyone seen any changes out at the dry dock lately?

Disneyfreak
01-06-2005, 09:26 AM

Anything new? I wonder what they are doing.

bandboy1985
01-06-2005, 01:29 PM
i walked by this morning at 7am on my way into work.

those trucks and cranes were just removing the last structural elements of the show box that had rested next to the sub.

all traces of the test and testing environment are gone. but some of the bubblers around the perimeter of the lagoon were still on, in addition to the waterfalls.

Disneyfreak
01-06-2005, 03:47 PM
i walked by this morning at 7am on my way into work.

those trucks and cranes were just removing the last structural elements of the show box that had rested next to the sub.

all traces of the test and testing environment are gone. but some of the bubblers around the perimeter of the lagoon were still on, in addition to the waterfalls.

I heard that the subs got approved by a friends father who is an imagineer and that space mountain will be ready in May.

bandboy1985
01-06-2005, 09:21 PM
I heard that the subs got approved by a friends father who is an imagineer and that space mountain will be ready in May.

i neither confirm nor deny. so, um, thanks?

Disneyfreak
01-06-2005, 09:33 PM
i neither confirm nor deny. so, um, thanks?
:~D

Nancy
01-07-2005, 02:22 PM
A cast member once told me ( while paddling in the canoes on the ROA) if they were to drain the sub lagoon, that the Matterhorn would fall down. And he was serious. Any truth to this rumor? :)

Uncle Remus
01-07-2005, 07:00 PM
lol nope. its a bad rumor.