PDA

View Full Version : Christmas decorations/rides

JosieGirl71
01-05-2005, 03:27 PM
I am trying to plan a trip in November and am wondering when the last of the Christmas decorations are up and when HMH and IASWH re-open. Are they usually up by the first of November?

arielova
01-05-2005, 03:33 PM
If memory serves I think the holiday stuff starts about a week before Thanksgiving.

SallySkellington
01-05-2005, 03:58 PM
I know that HMH opens the beginning of October. That's the only thing I know for sure.

Of course, then there's the question of whether HMH will be coming back this year. :rolleyes:

only1mouse
01-05-2005, 08:26 PM
I was there November 7th and all the decorations were up. The only thing that wasn't actually running at the time was the parade.

LilmissTinkerbell
01-05-2005, 08:34 PM
Of course, then there's the question of whether HMH will be coming back this year. :rolleyes:

Excuse me while I derail.

What? It might not be comming back? Why? I might have to hurt someone if that happens....

sediment
01-05-2005, 08:39 PM
I believe that the special, expensive, premiere night event was not going to be scheduled. I mean, it's been done to death (no pun intended).

I don't think that an overlay can be yesterlanded (verb; to remove an attraction, never to be seen again). Just not done one year, and maybe, with enough yelling and screaming by paying guests, it will return afterward.
Other rumors include it being transferred and fitted to WDW's Haunted Mansion.

DLRCM
01-05-2005, 08:59 PM
HMH was open on October 1st this year (usually the first Friday in October). As for the Xmas decorations and Small World, the first Friday in November. This year is was the 5th.

I have also heard they they probably won't do the HMH for next year, because of the 50th they want everything to be in its original state when the park first opened. So can one assume that this is the same for IASWH as well?

sediment
01-05-2005, 09:04 PM
So, there will be no New Orleans Square? No Indy? No Matterhorn?

DLRCM
01-05-2005, 10:05 PM
No, just the holiday parts of the rides. No Haunted Mansion HOLIDAY and It's a Small Wolrd HOLIDAY. That's all I've heard. I personally, think its a good idea, to keep it the way it was.

Band_of_gypsies
01-05-2005, 11:39 PM
I just got back from DL. I spoke to a CM and he said that there will not be a Haunted Mansion Holiday this year due to the 50th anniversary. I too think it is a good idea to keep it to the original format.

5hr drive
01-06-2005, 04:05 AM
I think the Christmas decorations go up for the first weekend in November.

JosieGirl71
01-06-2005, 07:58 AM
My husband will be happy to hear there will be no HMH this year (gasp :eek: ). He didn't really care for HMH. Neither one of us can remember what the original HM was like and since we are going during the holidays again this year, we are excited to be able to see it in its original state.

CrazyTrain
01-06-2005, 10:06 AM
But it'll be back in 2006, right? Last time I went, I decided that HMH was my favorite ride... I don't want once to be the only time I get to ride it!

pisces
01-06-2005, 03:37 PM
Oh, well I think we'll have to get on the ball and start a letter-writing campaign. For me, the whole point of going in December is the Christmas-y aspect of the Park and rides. It can't be that hard to combine Christmas with the 50th.

I've heard Small World is really dull without the Christmas overlay.

Does that mean they can't do the "Believe" fireworks next year because it cuts into their 50th?

They'll have 5 or 6 months of straight 50th. That seems adequate. And then just go into Christmas overlays for the month of December, or so, or just do some sort of Christmas 50th for December.......makes far more sense than to just ignore Christmas altogether.

bandboy1985
01-06-2005, 09:27 PM
we also have absolutely no indication of whether the christmas parade will preempt POD at DL, but it is believed to not be returning for the 2005 christmas season. it would seem odd to have a holiday parade in one park and no holiday parade entertainment across the way, especially when we know that both parades are budgeted to run for the same eighteen-month period.

we've never had a fiftieth anniversary before, so there isn't really a recent precedent event on a similar scale to judge from.

and "believe" is gone. over. done. the fiftieth fireworks are titled "remember...dreams come true". i spoke with our show director last week, and he assured me they're going to be really amazing- like "believe" to the tenth power.