PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions on my trip to DL in July?!

thekirk
01-05-2005, 02:44 PM
Hey all,

I would really like to be in Disneyland on the 17th of July. I would like to know if I should spend a few days at the park before the 17th, or after (or put the 17th right in the middle of my visit). I want to try avoid crowds as much as possible. But do you guys think it will be more crowded before the 17th or after?

What hotels across the street from DL would you suggest? Right now I'm looking at the Coast Anahiem Hotel, but it's not right across the street.

Thanks

sediment
01-05-2005, 02:48 PM
It will be crowded all summer long. A few thousand more or less should not affect your decision.
To avoid the crowds, go today. Go next week.

thekirk
01-05-2005, 03:00 PM
Yeah, I know. I've never been in the summer. Only in late winter/spring.

Tinkerbelle923
01-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I will be there too 16-23rd
but I don't think the crowds will be much different from one day to the next, It's going to be packed, period.

that said though I always prefer to go durring peak season, why you ask, I LOVE the crowds. it adds to the atmospher, I love to people watch and in truth I don't mind the lines (all part of the experience)

If you know in advance that it will be crowded and plan accordingly you should have no problems. I love Disneyland in the summer.

You'll have a great time.

Oh and for hotels, I have stayed at the Park Inn Anaheim several times and really like it. It's reasonably priced, very close to the entrance (about 5 min from hotel to main gates) Clean and comfortable. (just a note the contenental breakfast is very small, but works well as an early morning snack)

mousey_girl
01-05-2005, 06:22 PM
Take lots of sunscreen. Also buy small personal fans. It will be hot and crowded. If you venture over to DCA there is very, very little shade.

Hamradio
01-05-2005, 06:27 PM
...And bring all the cash you've got. :rolleyes:

thekirk
01-06-2005, 06:31 AM
Great...glad to hear some pluses about the summer. I'm also thinking I might take a trip in May or something....for two days...then come back in July for the 17th. But I'm not sure.

mousey_girl
01-06-2005, 06:34 AM
Soemthing else with the sunscreen. Put it everywhere you have exposed skin. Some of my worst burns were on the top of my head-when my hair was in a ponytail and there was a small line before my bangs, and on the top of my feet-between the sandal straps.

Be prepared for grumps-hot weather is bad enough, but when there are crowds people tend to get very short tempered.

GrumpyUTboi
01-06-2005, 06:34 AM
My suggestion is go, it will be crowded either way. I HATE DL during the summer. Hour long waits for rides, people pushing into each other and so forth. But if you then, chances are that you won't want to go in Sept, meaning less crowds for us. ;)

the mad hatter
01-06-2005, 07:06 AM
What hotels across the street from DL would you suggest?

I like the Tropicanna (extremely close to the park), clean and free parking for hotel go'ers. Alot of people will say the HoJo, but i think it's too far.

rentayenta
01-06-2005, 07:20 AM
thekirk, I don't mind the crowds. Make sure you go to Target and buy a fan with a sprayer; one per person. This will help make you comfortable in the heat. Don't forget the batteries.

I would suggest buying a subscription to ridemax. www.ridemax.com

We went over the holidays which is the busiest time of year and enjoyed ourselves so much.

Hit the parks at opening and take a break in the afternoon to regroup and cool down. Have dinner then return at night.

I love going to DL during the summer. Heck, I love going to DL anytime!

As far as hotels go, check the reviews on this site and on www.tripadvisor.com

disneyperson
01-06-2005, 10:08 AM
Another plus for going in the summer is the late hours. We love staying until the rides close at midnight (we're often the last ones on the HM) and then spending that last extra hour snacking and strolling down mainstreet for a little shopping. (usually of the "window" variety.)

hbquikcomjamesl
01-06-2005, 10:17 AM
As far as sunscreen goes, I recommend "Ozone" #70.

As far as avoiding a sunburned head goes, I recommend a hat.

As far as crowds go, I recommend you do things that will avoid the crowds: Use that day to take the Walt's Footsteps tour. And after the tour, spend the hottest part of the day in Innoventions. (Our Innoventions, while not nearly as good as Florida's, isn't really as bad as a lot of people say it is. And it's out of the sun, and away from the worst of the crowds.)

disneyperson
01-06-2005, 11:59 AM
(Our Innoventions, while not nearly as good as Florida's, isn't really as bad as a lot of people say it is.)
Yes it is. Stay away, stay far, far, away.