PDA

View Full Version : Various Observations while at Disneyland/DCA for New Years

dingdong2U
01-05-2005, 08:06 AM
Hey everyone...

I haven't seen these things covered on other posts but I thought I'd mention them in one message and see what other people have to say.

First and foremost, it looks as if they have finally added a "Spanish" speil to "Soarin' Over California". Patrick Warburton re-did his spiel and it sounds like the "place your tray-tables in their upright and locked position" spiel is forever gone.

Also, does anybody else that has heard the new spiel agree that Patrick's new version of "Soarin' to Tower, we are ready for takeoff." is alot worse than his original one? It's probably the tone of voice or delivery but it doesn't sound as good to me as the old version.

A new Spanish spiel has also been brought to the Monorail as well. I wonder just how long till they introduce a Spanish speil to the Trams?!? "Please keep your hands, arms, legs, fingers, toes, noses and Mickey Ears inside the vehicle at all times, por favor." :-|

The Laughing Stock Co. outside the Golden Horseshoe in Frontierland recently introduced new routines that allow the use of guns as props for the show. The new routines and spiels are a fresh addition to their already funny performances.

New Years Eve brought back free "Party Hats & Horns" to all New Years Eve attendees. However, the signs at Disney's California Adventure just under the monorail track said that one of the locations to pick up "hats & horns" was out front of the "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire" attraction. Of course, it would be nice if the attraction was even LISTED on the park maps for people to find! :(

New Year Eve was absolutely wonderful at the park with crowds being a lot lighter due to the rain. Fireworks were incredible as always and waits in line were minimal (20-30 mins avg.) most of the day.

Were any other MousePadders at the park for the New Years Festivities? Where did everyone decide to ring in the New Year?

--- Mike

pisces
01-05-2005, 09:49 AM
I was there, yet I wasn't really there........ let me explain:

I stayed that whole week, but from about 9:30 pm - 12:30 am, NYE---decided to go back to my hotel room and sleep.

I thought the blowers were really annoying. I liked the Christmas-y stuff more than I thought I would, and so when that was given a pause to go into their New Years Eve-y stuff.........I didn't like the break in Christmas continuity.

I guess I just got addicted to all the Christmas-y stuff, and music, that I couldn't take the changeover into the New Years Eve madness.

I feel like I got my fill of the "Believe" fireworks, and didn't want to see anything else. I decided I wanted my memories to be filled only with Christmas images.

That being said, I'm not sorry I was there, sort of, on NYE. And, I'd do it again next year.

I like the idea of being close by the revelry and festivities if I want it, yet not feeling like I'm necessarily forced to directly indulge if I don't want to.

Ok, am I making sense?

I guess I liked having the option of being in it, but still having the cozy hotel room to view and feel it from a distance.....or even the freedom to fall asleep, and then wake up all refreshed to check out the atmosphere from 1:00-2:00 am, in the Park, which I did.

The crowds, although crazy, were definitely not large.