PDA

View Full Version : "Happiest Faces" photo submission deadline extended

Pages : [1] 2

Mark Goldhaber
01-04-2005, 08:58 PM
Apparently, they're still having trouble getting enough photos to make 35 collages. They've extended the deadline for the "Happiest Faces on Earth" photo submission to January 31. Click here (http://www.disneyland.com/photos) for more info.

Disney Vault
01-04-2005, 09:13 PM
35?! I didnt know they were making that many. I already submitted mine and I cant believe they are having trouble getting pictures. I thought all the locals would have sent in a million by now.

evrythngwmn
01-05-2005, 02:13 AM
I submitted 65 photos. I think the difficulty in Disney getting photos lies in people having to look for them. I told one of the CMs involved with the project, "it's not like you're asking for a can of soup that I can just grab off the shelf." Most people unless they're scrapbookers or very organized don't have their photos readily at hand.

When they released the limit (from 5) I spent 3 hours going through about 10 years of photos (and I'm fairly organized). I've talked up the program because I think it's a great idea to be part of Disney history this way. Most people I've talked to agree but can't be bothered to go find their photos and scan or mail them in.

Those are my thoughts.

Shortiemetoo
01-05-2005, 04:43 AM
Wow, 65 photos is great!! Since they extended the deadline I am going to bring mine down on my trip the 26-30th!! I can't wait to see the collages. Can you tell me how long they will be up? I know they are for the 50th celebration, but are they going to be up for the rest of the year after that?
TIA!! :)

disney jones
01-05-2005, 07:54 AM
I submitted 65 photos. How and what format did you submit 65? I have plenty but just stuck to my 5 favorites as the form suggested. Did you use multiple forms, or submit all 65 at once?

I'd be interested to hear from any one who submitted more than 5 how they did it.

CrazyTrain
01-05-2005, 08:13 AM
They'll be up through Sept. 2006.

http://disney.go.com/inside/issues/stories/v050104.html

AVP
01-05-2005, 08:41 AM
I knew it, I *knew it! I was just waiting for an announcement, since the mail boxes are still in place at the resort.

AVP

Christiii
01-05-2005, 09:12 AM
yeay!!! I was really lagging during the Holidays, but really wanted to be a part of this!! yipppeee!!!!

got2travel
01-05-2005, 09:25 AM
How and what format did you submit 65? I have plenty but just stuck to my 5 favorites as the form suggested. Did you use multiple forms, or submit all 65 at once?

I'd be interested to hear from any one who submitted more than 5 how they did it.

After you submit your first 5, you're given various choices and one is "Submit more photos". Your taken back to the same screen and can enter 5 more, and then 5 more, and then 5 more, until your done.

cstephens
01-05-2005, 09:47 AM
I knew it, I *knew it! I was just waiting for an announcement, since the mail boxes are still in place at the resort.

AVP

You mean the ones that have been proclaiming "LAST WEEK!" for about two weeks now?

I'm curious as to how many people on these boards have submitted pictures. I haven't. There's a minimal "how cool" factor for me, but minimal enough that it's not prompted me to go digging through pictures for something I'd like to submit. I have a friend who submitted a few pictures, but that's the only person I know of that's submitted a picture.

AliciasMom
01-05-2005, 10:05 AM
I sent in three a while ago and I just sent in two more. I'm not in any of them just my little princess.

AVP
01-05-2005, 10:29 AM
We sent in five, but not the one I *really* wanted, so we're going to submit another round.

AVP

MrsPooh
01-05-2005, 10:32 AM
I have procrastinated something terrible. I kept thinking "I have until the end of the year" and never got around to it. Guess what! It is now Jan! How stupid am I? :rolleyes:

I am thankful they extended it and I have a new scanner!

Better get busy!

CrazyTrain
01-05-2005, 10:38 AM
I'm going to send a few in.
Really. :geek:

SoCalDude
01-05-2005, 10:51 AM
last tiem I tried to submit a few pics I got an error page after I hit "submit" and never went back to try again... guess I should do that now :geek:

VickiC
01-05-2005, 10:56 AM
I wonder if the problem is not that they aren't getting enough but that the color variety isn't wide enough to create the collages.

tink's mom
01-05-2005, 11:20 AM
I am so glad the deadline was extended. I finally got around to going to the site last night to submit photos from our trip on Dec. 15 and found out the deadline was on the 31 of Dec.. So what a great suprise to read in the Disney Insider today that I had gotten a second chance. I sent in two of my daughter with Sleeping Beauty and Prince Phillip, one of our family with Mickey and one of Sophia with Minnie.

Christiii
01-05-2005, 05:16 PM
YEEAYY!!
I just submitted 10 and will do more tommorow..Im sooo glad they extended this...I was just kicking myself for missing the deadline!!

TP2000
01-05-2005, 06:19 PM
Al Lutz mentioned a few weeks ago that they were really having a hard time getting photo's for this thing, and apparently he was right. I guess they've pulled all sorts of stunts and giveaways trying to get CM's and TDA workers to turn in photos as well.

I have a few pictures I'd like to turn in, but to be honest I just don't have the coordination to get them together and sent off to Disney. This idea was a clever one, but it does require some work and thought from the customers and I think that's why it is struggling so badly.

During past anniversary parties Disneyland gave things away to it's customers just for coming through the turnstiles (30th and 35th anniversaries and the giant prize giveaways that people still talk about to this day). But this time Disneyland is asking it's customers to give something to Disneyland, and it's a process that requires some time and energy to pull off.

This probably all sounded like a great idea to some Marketing MBA's sitting in a TDA conference room about a year ago. ;-)

goober7011
01-05-2005, 06:53 PM
last tiem I tried to submit a few pics I got an error page after I hit "submit" and never went back to try again... guess I should do that now :geek:

What I did when I got this error message I just submitted the pics one or two at a time. It worked. I think it was timing out on me.

disney jones
01-05-2005, 06:56 PM
thanks goob - that happened to me as well. I never resubmitted my 5, half way wondering if they went thru or not. And that's why i didn't see the option to submit more than 5.

I'd love to just send them a cd of my jpg pictures - that'd be so easy for me. maybe if they made more options available like this they'd get more.

nsyncitnd1787
01-05-2005, 08:52 PM
I'd love to just send them a cd of my jpg pictures - that'd be so easy for me. maybe if they made more options available like this they'd get more.

Great idea! Why didn't one of them at TDA think of that in the first place??

I sent my 5 in on Dec. 31st (kinda foregot). I'm soo glad that they extended the deadline!

Niwel
01-05-2005, 09:19 PM
I'm curious as to how many people on these boards have submitted pictures. I haven't.

I sent in four -- I was worried about them not being selected. Guess I don't need to worry anymore.

marktips
01-05-2005, 10:26 PM
I don't suppose they'd appreciate pics of Spaceship Earth...

GrumpyUTboi
01-06-2005, 06:31 AM
I went to submit more pictures and it would not let me. There wasn't a place on the web page after I logged in to sumit more of my pitures. Maybe they think that they have enough of my pictures to last them a lifetime.