PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever spent an entire day just in DTD?

CoasterChickie
01-04-2005, 03:48 PM
If so, what all did you do?

bluepearl
01-04-2005, 04:08 PM
Um, yes. I once pulled a 12-hour shift working at World of Disney. :rolleyes:

I'm curious to know what people have found to be entertaining for a whole day at DTD.

Flint
01-04-2005, 04:10 PM
I can barely take 2 hours at a mall... a whole day in DTD would drive me crazy.

rentayenta
01-04-2005, 04:21 PM
I probably could as I love to shop but I would be broke after :rolleyes:

MrsG
01-04-2005, 04:27 PM
Well, not an entire day, but we did drive there (only 40 minutes) just to go to DTD. Just before Christmas we did some Christmas shopping and to have lunch. It was a good way do get the Christmas shopping done and be at Disney at the same time.

SoCalDude
01-04-2005, 04:28 PM
We hit WOD and the Lego store and thats it, I could not imagine spending much longer there... maybe time for a meal but rather save a few bucks and get some fast food on the way home.

rentayenta
01-04-2005, 04:32 PM
Here's how I see it:

A little brekkie at La Brea Bakery.
A make over in Sephora.
The girls going to Libby Lu and not coming out looking slutty.

It would be almost lunch...

Build a Bear for the kidlets then

Lunch at Ralph Brennan's

Then a movie......

Shopping at The World of Disney etc...

By that time it would be dinner at Catal.

Then some after dinner drinks at The Uva Bar.....

cstephens
01-04-2005, 05:20 PM
Not a whole day, but several hours: movie and dinner. Never set foot in either park.

MrsG
01-04-2005, 05:48 PM
Sounds good Renta! I'm there! But I'll have to live vicariously with the kid part.

SCUBAbe
01-04-2005, 05:55 PM
absoutly not...all day shopping...NO...NO!!...oh wait there's bars and arcades...maybe I could do a day of drinking and gaming, but I would not choose to...:)

got2travel
01-04-2005, 08:00 PM
Not all day, but a pretty good chunk of it. Had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen, spent some time playing with the Legos, made a hockey bear at Build A Bear, did some shopping at World of Disney, then relaxed in front of the fireplace in the Grand California. I think we started with a 10am PS at Goofy's and left GC to go back to our own hotel for some swimming about 5pm.

Shortiemetoo
01-04-2005, 08:13 PM
That sounds like a wonderful idea if I lived closer and could go more often!!
Sounds like there is plenty to do for sure! I say "go for it!!" ;)

vangrizz
01-04-2005, 08:33 PM
I've spent an entire day at the ESPN zone in Las Vegas...I'm sure I could do the same thing at the one in Downtown Disney should the sacrifice have to be made.

Shinku
01-04-2005, 10:59 PM
I spend my "girls night out" at DTD frequently. Myself, my best friend, and her twin daughters (age 9) eat at ESPN or Rainforest, stroll through illuminations and take advantage of any sale going on, dance to some of the bands outside, and always spend at least an hour in Sephora. Finish that all up with a stop at World of Disney, and assuming we ate about 5:30, we're finishing up somewhere around 10:30.

It's fun! :)

I Heart Disneyland!
01-04-2005, 11:05 PM
I can fill up several hours down there, but, never a whole day. A little Basin for bath bombs, Sephora for some make up, Something Silver for...well...something silver...maybe dinner or lunch at Ralph Brennan's or House of Blues...but...at some point, Disneyland will suck me back in!!! :D

Wishful
01-05-2005, 12:22 AM
We did a long bunch of hours there, maybe 6 as we caught the fireworks one night we met friends with a new baby there...

Late lunch at Rainforest, 2 or 3pm

Played at Lego Store

Went through movie memorabila store

Built a bear

Walked through the Grand Californian and sat in front of the fireplace for a bit and dreamt about being able to afford to saty there (or at WDW Wilderness Lodge)

Got baby gifts at WOD

Time for Beignets

Walked through Disneyland Hotel grounds and discovered Koi pond

Saw fireworks, thought "How long have we been here???" and left quickly...our parking fee must have been huge but I don't remember as I was still thinking about the Koi pond...

evrythngwmn
01-05-2005, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I think unless you were looking to spend huge bucks, a half a day seems to be the norm.

The longest for me was a long evening. A friend and I had dinner at Storytellers, followed by a movie (no snacks). Since we had no snacks at the movie we had to make a stop at Marceline's for chocolate caramel marshmallows. This was the first time I'd ever had one. See what a bad influence friends can be. Now I'm hooked. We cruised WOD for awhile (my friend is a shopper) and ended the night with ice cream at Haagen Dazs.

Not an excessive amount of cash spent but a big sugar intake. It was fun.

Disneyfan007
01-05-2005, 06:35 AM
:( No. If I make a trip to Disneyland, I want to go to Disneyland, not DCA or DTD. DTD makes no sense and has nothing to do with 'Disney' quality. Just another mall type thingy to make money.

the mad hatter
01-05-2005, 06:56 AM
There isn't enough there to occupy me for a whole day. Plus alot of the stores are really pricey....imo.