PDA

View Full Version : 2 cars 1 room, where to stay?

beaver state rich
01-04-2005, 12:00 AM
My folks are going to join us for a trip to So. Cal in May. As there are only going to be four adults and one almost 4 year old we are planning on splitting a room with two queen beds. We would like to stay as close as possible to DL w/o paying big $$$. It appears that the Best Western Park Place Inn is very close and has good reviews. The problem I might run into is where to park the second car. Most hotels seem to have limited parking and a policy of 1 car per room. Is there any "safe" place to park (parking lots etc.) or are there any hotels (HoJo?) that have enough room to allow 2 cars. I don't mind paying an extra fee. Thanks for your help.

Darkbeer
01-04-2005, 12:09 AM
HoJo's has plenty of parking, and would be happy to give you two parking passes at no extra cost, just ask nicely.....

outlaw8
01-04-2005, 10:44 AM
The Del Sol will give you a pass to park your other car on a lot down the road. It is NOT very far and well-lit. I don't know about security but mine was OK there. Check the Hotel you plan on staying and they probably do the same.

MammaSilva
01-04-2005, 10:49 AM
I stayed at the Best Western Park Place on our last visit to the park and they were gracious and gave us two parking passes, but the parking is kind of tight....

adriennek
01-04-2005, 10:53 AM
MammaSilva,

Didn't you also tell me that you had to have your cars out of the parking lot by 3:00 the day you checked out, too? I remember you left the hotel on Sunday by 3:00.

Adrienne

MammaSilva
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM
Thanks for the reminder, YES, the new policy at the Best Western was we had to be out of the parking lot BY 3 no exceptions.....in fact another guest was trying to get an extention since they planned on leaving around six that night and the clerks were appologetic but firm in the 3 pm deadline.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-04-2005, 10:55 AM
We like the Park Place too and got two parking passes the last time we stayed there as well. I'm not sure about getting the cars out of the lot though, because we went home from DL so we just moved them into the parking structure.

That hotel behind Millie's seems to have a big parking lot but, for the life of me, I can't remember it's name...I'm sure someone will. I must be having a senior moment :~D

-TLMt

MammaSilva
01-04-2005, 11:00 AM
The fairfield Inn by Marriott is the one you're thinking of TLMT but I think they have a one car per room 'rule' too.....