PDA

View Full Version : Bought some info on eBay for $2.47.... LOL!

vegasmommytoDL
01-03-2005, 08:13 PM
This is what it gave me. I wanted to see if you guys can clarify some of the details in this info... I think this author might have really old info... and be misguided too! He also has bad engrish skills.

LINKS:
http://healthdiscountdepot.com/disney/index.htm
and
http://lennox.us/disney
(They should be the same?)

Now for questions/comments-
I wonder what kind of ticket this guy bought lol - "The prices fluctuate but the 5 day pass can actually cost you more than an Annual Pass with Parking!"

Can you really do this? I highly doubt it - "I just had a customer email me that she REALLY made the most of this information. She used a 5-daypass to turn in toward a Deluxe Annual and got $5 in change! Then two weeks later she went to the counter with another 5-daypass and used it to UPGRADE her Deluxe to a Premium Annual WITH Parking." :rolleyes:

Again... I can't see this happening "Simply go to the counter and say you lost your entry ticket so youve been unable to use the fastpass machine and they will print you a special ticket that can be used in the fastpass machine. get it? use yours and the new tempt ticket and you get double the fastpasses." :|

Can you really do this? And, do they even still have this specific parade? "If you want to try to get in the Disneyland Parade of Stars look for the Omnibus about an hour before the parade starts and talk to a cast member with the bus."

Yeah... sure... whatever you say... "Buy PINS at Walmart before you go! They cost $1 on sale and even $3 is a good deal because any employee in Disney that is wearing a pin will TRADE YOU, so buy ten of the same kind and trade your children into AWESOME sets throughout the day!" :eek:

Many "tips" are common sense - like "wear comfortable shoes" I ESPECIALLY like the tips "Weddings are cool here." and "It will be crowded for Fantasmic."

I thought this tip was the opposite? "Fantasyland is emptier in the morning hours."

Huh? "You can get on the Disneyland Rail Road and ride it non-stop until the park opens." :confused:

They have some feedback stating that people saved $200 on tickets but I can't find anything really all that useful. If someone notices something really useful then let me know heh.

Reguardless of what the guy says thats totally... goofy... you can't give him negitive feedback since he states if you do that he'll do it back to you and a negitive feedback isn't worth it for $3 lol. :D http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=16071&item=6503095350

I have also seen park tickets on eBay.. and they actually appear to sell although I have NO idea why. Most of the prices really don't seem all that great. I mean, I might consider buying a ticket with a day or two left for like $5 to get extra fastpasses with but as for paying close to retail price for something you don't even know will work... it seems so silly!

Andrew
01-03-2005, 08:33 PM
Not to put too fine a point on it, you were scammed.

Most if not all of the information you've "purchased" is in the public domain (much available right here on MousePlanet). Much of the rest is simply inaccurate.

I'm glad you didn't pay very much for a link to a publicly-available Web site.

DefyingGravity
01-03-2005, 10:05 PM
Again... I can't see this happening "Simply go to the counter and say you lost your entry ticket so youve been unable to use the fastpass machine and they will print you a special ticket that can be used in the fastpass machine. get it? use yours and the new tempt ticket and you get double the fastpasses." :|

I'm not sure if you can just say that you lost your ticket, but you can get a special ticket that will allow you to get Fastpasses. During my trip a couple weeks ago, my friend's ticket got kind of messed up and was no longer giving fastpasses. So we went to the guy monitoring the Splash machines and told him our problem. He took our ticket, tried (and failed) to get a fastpass using it, then handed us a special little ticket that he said would get us fastpasses, but ONLY for that day. All of the standard fastpass rules did apply. So I suppose that one could abuse this by going up to another CM and explaining the problem, and getting another fastpass card, but that would be BAD! :fez: