PDA

View Full Version : InspEARations Exhibit

Villains Fan
01-03-2005, 05:37 PM
I know the InspEARations Exhibit is coming to Disneyland 1/10-2/22, but does anyone know if all the Mickeys are going to be set up around the whole resort or just in Disneyland? 75 Mickeys are alot of Mickeys and I gotta start buying my film now! :D Thanks for any info...

JeffG
01-03-2005, 05:56 PM
The promotional materials so far suggest that they will all be exhibited in DCA. They do have a few scattered around various parts of the resort right now as a teaser. So far, I haven't seen a single one that I like...

-Jeff

marktips
01-04-2005, 05:16 AM
The promotional materials so far suggest that they will all be exhibited in DCA. They do have a few scattered around various parts of the resort right now as a teaser. So far, I haven't seen a single one that I like...

-Jeff

None of them are terribly attractive, don't get your hopes up.

averagedork
01-04-2005, 09:34 AM
Okay why would people try to ruin a classic Mickey with their attempts at artistic vision? Seriously... I saw the Annette F. one and the words out of my mouth (people can vouch here too because I was with a group) "WTF? That's fugly". Purple Mickey? That's worse than say... some of the outfits Minnie wears during the Parades.

Villains Fan
01-04-2005, 09:46 AM
Okay, so maybe I'll buy a little less film than I anticipated. :crying:

marktips
01-04-2005, 10:09 AM
Okay why would people try to ruin a classic Mickey with their attempts at artistic vision? Seriously... I saw the Annette F. one and the words out of my mouth (people can vouch here too because I was with a group) "WTF? That's fugly". Purple Mickey? That's worse than say... some of the outfits Minnie wears during the Parades.

For charity - its a good cause.

cstephens
01-04-2005, 10:12 AM
I don't think they're ugly. I think they're creepy.

SallySkellington
01-04-2005, 10:41 AM
I don't think they're ugly. I think they're creepy.

Me, too. The first time I saw a picture of a couple of them, my expression was :eek:.

Darkbeer
01-04-2005, 04:54 PM
I can confirm that you will have to go into DCA to see all 75, it is now advertised on the new Guide to the Magic on the front cover of the DCA map, and on the inside of the DL map, one page is an ad that states "See all "75 InspEARations" statues on display in DIsney's California Adventure Park, Jan. 10 - Feb. 22!

cstephens
01-04-2005, 05:17 PM
But apparently, until the 10th, you can see them in random places for free. I know there was one in the esplanade (between DL and DCA) on Sunday, and I know there was one by the outside seating of the Catal Uva Bar.

But why would you want to see them even for free?

Villains Fan
01-04-2005, 06:06 PM
Thanks Darkbeer for the update. I appreciate it. Ugly or not, I think it will be fun to see Mickeys everywhere!

Darkbeer
01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
There are 4 out as previews, I took pictures of 3 today, one in front of the ESPN Zone, one next the Uva Bar, one in the Main Entry Plaza area, near DtD, and the 4th is next to the Lion King/Hotel Tram loading area, I decided to not deal with having to go thru security again....

SallySkellington
01-04-2005, 09:01 PM
I can confirm that you will have to go into DCA to see all 75

Could this be a desperate attempt to get people into DCA? ;)

Disney Vault
01-04-2005, 09:14 PM
I saw them all when I was in WDW and there are a lot of bad ones but there also were a lot I thought turned out great. All the sports turned out the best imo.

Family5LovesDisney
01-05-2005, 05:05 AM
We enjoyed seeing them in WDW but my kids were upset by the fact that they couldn't get right next to them for pictures. Of course, they would all be ruined if they let everyone do that. Some of them are quite clever and some of them aren't that great.

stan4d_steph
01-05-2005, 06:13 AM
I liked the one designed by Ellen Degeneres.

cstephens
01-05-2005, 10:00 AM
Could this be a desperate attempt to get people into DCA? ;)

I'm thinking of avoiding DCA for the entire time the exhibit is up...