PDA

View Full Version : Selling Tickets?

calguy77
01-03-2005, 04:01 PM
Does anyone know a web site or place to buy and sell disneyland tickets? I have extras i need to get rid of, thanks for the help!!!

Saratoga75
01-03-2005, 04:07 PM
Calguy, alot of people buy and sell tickets on ebay. I have sold tickets twice on ebay, and bought em once. I'm thinking for our WDW trip in June that we will purchase online. So ebay's a thought.

http://search.ebay.com/Disneyland Tickets_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

Saratoga75
01-03-2005, 04:08 PM
http://search.ebay.com/Disneyland-Tickets_W0QQsokeywordredirectZ1QQfromZR8

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 04:25 PM
Buyer Beware, especially now with the new SoCal special.... Basically the tickets will just be hanging on racks at VONS, you can pick up multiple tickets and just put them in your pocket and take them home... the problem is, unless the cashier swipes the card at the register, it is not valid. And there is no way to tell which tickets have been activated, and which have not. If you are planning to buy the VONS ticket, I would hang onto the receipt and take it with you to the park just in case.

But if you buy one of these tickets on E-bay, there is no guarantee that it is actually a valid ticket. Also, other folks have reported problems, mainly due to the fact that the tickets have a 2 week shelf life after first use, and that other tickets have expiration dates, so even an unused ticket could be void at the gate.

calguy77
01-03-2005, 04:31 PM
I actually have a certificate from getaway.com to sell, so the buyer will just have to take that to the ticket booth to get tickets redeemed. So there is no way any of what you talk about will happen, and yes I already talked with getaway.com and the voucher is transferable.

Saratoga75
01-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Yes as in all ebay/auction purchases buyer beware. I would recommend if you choose to use ebay to buy or sell - use from a respected seller with a high feedback rating. Yes, the tickets i sold, had a 2 week "shelf life" i put them up i think for a 3 day auction, and they sold aftermany bids. However this is entirely up to you, just a recommendation.

marktips
01-04-2005, 05:13 AM
Yes as in all ebay/auction purchases buyer beware. I would recommend if you choose to use ebay to buy or sell - use from a respected seller with a high feedback rating. Yes, the tickets i sold, had a 2 week "shelf life" i put them up i think for a 3 day auction, and they sold aftermany bids. However this is entirely up to you, just a recommendation.

Any ticket purchases through ebay may not be honored by Disney as tickets are non-trasnferable. With WDW's new "ticket-tag" biometrics there should be a sharp decline in unused park hopper days for sale quite soon.

Also, buying other people's unused meal options and certificates is a no-no. They too are nontransferable.

calguy77
01-04-2005, 07:53 AM
Well then what do you all suggest in me getting rid of 2 adult 3 day park hopper tickets and 1 3 day child park hopper ticket? Ebay i don't like, anything else out there?

marktips
01-04-2005, 07:58 AM
Well then what do you all suggest in me getting rid of 2 adult 3 day park hopper tickets and 1 3 day child park hopper ticket? Ebay i don't like, anything else out there?

Hold on to them they don't ever lose their value.

You are not legally allowed to sell them.

sediment
01-04-2005, 08:11 AM
Hold on to them they don't ever lose their value.

This statement is true for WDW parkhoppers (and that might not be 100% true with MYW), but DLr parkhoppers bought online at a substantial discount have expirations dates 15 days after first use. (Parkhoppers not bought at the park without substantial discount expire a year (or two) after first use.)

theyates6
01-04-2005, 10:43 AM
DL tickets are not transferrable, but I think we are talking about a voucher from Getawaytoday. This is not a ticket. It's a letter from getaway that you turn in at the gate for your tickets. If getawaytoday says they are transferrable, I would think they would be, as they issued the voucher.