PDA

View Full Version : Chip N Dale's WW Pin trip - one month to go!

disney jones
01-03-2005, 12:36 PM
is anyone else here going to this? we're very amateur pin collectors, but Zoe loves Chip and Dale, and its her 6th birthday, so we signed up and will be there Feb 3-5th.

We aren't staying on property, probably camping at Doheny. The trip on Dec 22/23, we camped there over night - i hate the half hour drive south after a long day, but waking up to the Pacific Ocean was an incredible site! It was $33 for a beach site for one night (I guess that's one way to pay off the state debt, Arnold), but non-beach sites are a bit less.

When we registered for it, the CM in Florida was wonderful as she gave a lot of helpful information and tips. It sounds like they'll be less than 500 people so we our pin requests were for the cool ones in 250 or less - we should find out later this week what our random selections got us. She also said this was the first event of its kind at DLR, though WDW has had a bunch. It was hard to pay the entrance fee since we already have the AP, but i'm pretty excited about it nonetheless, staying in the park after it closes and all!!!

Hopefully, they'll decide to let us go on BTMRR - right now its just the Mark Twain and Shooting Gallery, dinner and other goodies. The girls should love the experience as will I.

got2travel
01-03-2005, 01:39 PM
I can't wait to hear about it. I wanted to go so bad. I had told my 9yr old son about special pin events and he wanted to go to one. He is such a pin trading fan now, and we only started in June. When I found out about this one I was a click away from making reservations. Unfortunately I just couldn't justify pulling him out of school again. We just did a week at WDW in early Dec.

Be sure to post a report when you get back.

disney jones
01-03-2005, 02:21 PM
i know what you mean about pulling them out of school - Mom was kind of upset - she's been pulled out of Kindergarten twice this year so far for Friday trips to DLR, and this will be 1.5 days out again, but i promised Mom this will be the last time (this year at least ;) ). Zoe can already read and is close to the top of her class for Kindergarten - jeeesh, do you really think she won't get into the college of her choice now for these 3.5 days i pulled her out of Kindergarten? :eek:

disney jones
01-08-2005, 09:29 PM
The stuff we were awarded through the RSP came today in the mail as promised - i think we got everything we put in for (ugggh - now its also accompanied by a $200+ bill) :eek:

we aren't pin geeks but we'll have some nice souvenirs - I’ll eventually have to see if any of these end up being worth something someday but likely we'll just keep it all.

Also found out yesterday that Zoë has her very first Kindergarten Field Trip that same day in Arizona to a dairy farm - thank heavens it's early enough in the morning here in Arizona where we can make it to Anaheim by 6pm (plenty of time) - or both her AND her Mom would have killed me for missing it. Me and Sydney will just go along with her as chaperones, then leave from there. And since this event is a Thursday night, we'll have all day Friday and Saturday to enjoy the parks.

Any other MP'rs goiong? Anyone? Buehler? Anyone? Buehler? Anyone?

25 days to go!

rentayenta
01-09-2005, 07:01 AM
I'm not going but I just wanted to comment on what a cool pops you are. I had a great dad too and look how wonderful I turned out ;) Honestly, kudos to you for giving your girls a childhood full of Disney magic and quality dad time.

disney jones
01-09-2005, 07:11 AM
Thanks - it's really for me you know. i just take them with me along for the ride.

I just hope they return the favor when i'm old, i'll always be reminding them how i pushed them around in their stroller when they were young so they can push me around in my wheelchair (just don't run as fast as I push them)

or at least they can take me out to breakfast to The Starting Gate before they go with their families! ;)

rentayenta
01-09-2005, 07:17 AM
or at least they can take me out to breakfast to The Starting Gate before they go with their families! ;)

LMAO :D