PDA

View Full Version : Texans in the park!

tod
01-03-2005, 07:29 AM
Man the place was lousy with them, all decked out in their baby-poo brown Nike duds (So, like, is the symbol of Texas the longhorn bull head or the Nike swoosh?) and (Every guest is a VIP, watch it) down-home manners.

The Lovely Mrs. tod was telling one of The Little tods that it never rains on the Rose Parade and she heard one of those... guests say "Ah'd like to see her face when it rains on her little parade" or something similar.

New Year's morning, we were watching the Rose Parade and when the camera caught an image of blue sky The Lovely Mrs. tod said that she'd like to see the look on that guy's face right now.

Anybody else have encounters with the Texas tourists?

--t

disneyguy247
01-03-2005, 08:44 AM
they were everywhere in the park on sun.

SoCalDude
01-03-2005, 09:02 AM
I would just like to see the field goal kicker to have a bad day.... every day :mad:

Andrew
01-03-2005, 09:05 AM
LAX terminal 1 (Southwest) was crawling with them on Sunday night. The juxtaposition of the Texas football fans and what seemed to be an entire platoon of US Army soldiers going back to Fort Hood was interesting.

01-03-2005, 09:13 AM
Ew, what's that smell? Must be the Californians gloating again.

Signed,
An ex-Californian

marktips
01-03-2005, 09:22 AM

Signed,
An ex-Californian

And they wonder why we talk about them....

Brian Noble
01-03-2005, 09:42 AM
An older gentleman (who, judging by his accent, was visiting from the Lone Star State) and his grandson (presumably a local youngster) were in our church on the morning of January 2nd, all decked out in their burnt orange. This would be unremarkable, except that I happen to attend St. Mary's Student Parish, the church that is home to the University of Michigan's catholic students. The pastor of this church also happens to be the team chaplain for the Wolverines.

My wife leaned over to me and said, "Boy, he's brave."

My response: "Yesterday it would have been brave. Today it is just gloating."

Signed,
-another ex-Californian,
who can't believe how badly his beloved Bears played against that other team from Texas.

cstephens
01-03-2005, 10:44 AM
It annoyed me to no end to see them in their ugly mustard yellow colors all over the resort on Sunday. THEY weren't supposed to be in the Rose Bowl. WE were. And what kind of color is ugly mustard yellow? At least Michigan was a nice blue color.

Opus1guy
01-03-2005, 10:59 AM
I quote the by-line from an article in the January 2005 "Texas Monthly" magazine:

As your governor, I'll tell the truth, give power to young people, and send Californians packing.

It's a humorous article...but I think it does highlight the feelings many Texans have about Californians.

It's a feeling I believe is referred to as "jealousy" by most civilized cultures. ;)

FantasmicFanatic
01-03-2005, 01:16 PM
Just make sure they know that they are visiting a blue state :-)

the mad hatter
01-03-2005, 01:17 PM
It's a humorous article...but I think it does highlight the feelings many Texans have about Californians.

Their just jealous cause they don't have DL, all they have is 6 flags....poor, poor people.

sediment
01-03-2005, 01:58 PM
"Little"? As if Texas has a parade of such prominence.
Oh, right: it must not be important if Texas doesn't have one.

The Lovely Mrs. tod
01-03-2005, 02:24 PM
who can't believe how badly his beloved Bears played against that other team from Texas.

Yes, but if Cal had been in Pasadena, where they belonged they might have had a better day....

-TLMt

tod
01-03-2005, 03:41 PM

No, it's the Texans. They don't look where they step...

:~D

--t

PapiBear
01-03-2005, 04:14 PM
This entire thread is pretty childish. As a native Orange Countian who now lives in Texas, I can guarantee you all that the Golden State and the Lone Star State vie with each other pretty evenly for the Most Amount of Obnoxious & Arrogant Jerks title.

sediment
01-03-2005, 05:27 PM
We'll let Texas have that one.

And thanks for the tourist dollars. We probably won't be returning any of it.

(Of course it's childish. Your name-calling won't stop me, though.)

Flint
01-03-2005, 05:30 PM
Texas...

Big Smiles
Big Hair
Big Egos
Big empty heads.

:-) *CACKLE*

tod
01-03-2005, 05:38 PM
We'll let Texas have that one.

And thanks for the tourist dollars. We probably won't be returning any of it.

(Of course it's childish. Your name-calling won't stop me, though.)

As The Lovely Mrs. tod pointed out, every one of them is good for about $1000 dropped into the California economy.

Not quite even for Enron, but it's a step...

--t