PDA

View Full Version : 2 parks for 1 deal is back

Pages : [1] 2

cstephens
01-03-2005, 06:46 AM
I just heard the radio commercial this morning, the one about buying one engagement ring and getting a second for free the week after. Disneyland Resort's "2 parks for the price of 1" promotion is back, running through April 28. And for those who like to obsess about such things, yes, it's the one that says pay for Disneyland and get DCA for free.

I *hate* there being no off-season.

cstephens
01-03-2005, 07:01 AM
Ooops, sorry, forgot to mention this is for Southern California residents only.

Stupid_American
01-03-2005, 07:22 AM
You may have heard the famous "Both parks for one great price" ad.
There's nothing on the site.

Called the park.
The "both parks for $13 more" promotion ends today.
They haven't heard of any other promotions in the works.

marktips
01-03-2005, 07:27 AM
You may have heard the famous "Both parks for one great price" ad.
There's nothing on the site.

Called the park.
The "both parks for $13 more" promotion ends today.
They haven't heard of any other promotions in the works.

You really think they'll go 5mins without a new promotion? ;)

sediment
01-03-2005, 07:30 AM
Is that the "Go to DL one day, and then go a second day to DCA" deal?
If the pattern is anything like last time that happened, DCA will be packed on April 28.

Hypothetical question: How would you split the gate revenue on a ticket like this? 50/50? 75/25, weighted toward whichever park is attended first? Interested in opinions, as well as comments from any suit in TDA Accounting.

duffman03
01-03-2005, 07:34 AM
Maybe the radio station played an old spot that was supposed to have aired Jan. 3, 2004. It's happened before.

AVP
01-03-2005, 07:52 AM
Supposedly these tickets are also going to be available at Vons and Pavillions stores, but neither one had any information as of yesterday.

AVP

cstephens
01-03-2005, 10:47 AM
Is that the "Go to DL one day, and then go a second day to DCA" deal?
If the pattern is anything like last time that happened, DCA will be packed on April 28.

Actually, not last time - the time before. Last time, they fixed the problem. Rather than making the second visit have a deadline of the last day of the promotion, the second visit had to be within something like two weeks of the first visit, so it wasn't such a crunch on the last day.

AVP
01-03-2005, 10:57 AM
The promotion I heard is the same as before - one day at Disneyland, one day at DCA, last use has to be within 30 days of the first, and the whole thing ends April 28th.

AVP

AlxVision360
01-03-2005, 11:33 AM
Here's a news article on this promo:

http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/stories.pl?ACCT=109&STORY=/www/story/01-03-2005/0002762278&EDATE=

Sold at Vons and Pavilions stores for SoCal (and Baja Cal) residents only, valid 1/4/05 thru 4/28/05.

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 12:28 PM
Well, guess we now know the new Single Day, SIngle Park ticket at the Main Gate, $53 for adults, $43 for kids 3-9.

DCAWhites
01-03-2005, 01:36 PM
Actually, not last time - the time before. Last time, they fixed the problem. Rather than making the second visit have a deadline of the last day of the promotion, the second visit had to be within something like two weeks of the first visit, so it wasn't such a crunch on the last day.

It was rather busy towards the end of april last year, especially sundays, with attendence in the high 20s, low 30s and grizzly river run having 180 min waits. Of course the beginning of may, after the promotion, but before tot, was a complete ghosttown. And yes, there is a 1 month deadline for coming back for the 2nd day.

Opus1guy
01-03-2005, 01:37 PM
Southern California residents can purchase up to eight "Southern
California 2Fer Tickets" at the price of $53 for guests age 10 and older, and
$43 for guests age 3 to 9. Proof of Southern California (Zip Codes 90000
through 93599) or Baja California (Zip Codes 21000 through 22999) residence is required for admission into the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

Isn't this something new on this type of SoCal only deal?

Didn't the old SoCal only offers allow the SoCal'er to purchase additional tickets for use by out-of-town guests? Or am I dreaming?

AVP
01-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Posting the full text of the press release:

Disneyland Resort Offers Southern California Residents Admission to Two Parks for the Price of One With '2Fer Ticket' at Vons/Pavilions

SOURCE Disneyland Resort

ANAHEIM, Calif., Jan. 3 /PRNewswire/ -- Now that the busy holiday season
is over, Disneyland Resort is offering local residents a value-packed
"Southern California 2Fer Ticket" that features admission to Disneyland and
Disney's California Adventure on two different days -- all for the price of
one park!

The special ticket, which goes on sale Tuesday, January 4 at Vons and
Pavilions stores, is valid January 4 through April 28, 2005 and enables
Southern Californians to enjoy all the fun, entertainment, shows and
attractions that the two parks showcase.

This marks the first time this technology has been utilized for Disneyland
Resort tickets to be sold in stores, providing guests with the convenience of
heading directly to park turnstiles with admission already in hand. Shoppers
at any of nearly 300 participating Vons and Pavilions stores can purchase a
special Southern California 2Fer Ticket Card for each adult or child, and the
magnetic-strip cards will be electronically activated on the spot. Each guest
then presents his or her Ticket Card directly at each park's main entrance on
separate days.

through 93599) or Baja California (Zip Codes 21000 through 22999) residence
is required for admission into the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

Entertainment schedules vary. For information, call (714) 781-4565 or
visit http://www.disneyland.com or http://www.vons.com.

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 01:46 PM
Well, it should be interesting in how they enforce this...

In the past, these tickets were sold at the Main Entry Plaza, and the CM selling the tickets checked the ID then. Since this offer has you buying them at VONS, and the VONS cashier won't check for ID, what was Disney to do but to have the Entrance gate CM's check, since the benefit of the VONS system is that they sell the actual ticket, and you are allowed to go straight to the entrance. But the entrance CM's are also supposed to check military ID's, etc.....

I would send Disneyland a e-mail with a question like "Can a Southern Californian buy the new special VONS 2fer ticket for out-of-town guests, so long as the SoCal person joins the guests at the park..."

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 06:35 PM
I stand corrected, I stopped by VONS tonight to grab some stuff, and you can't miss that VONS is selling these tickets, signs on the windows, signs by the entrances, signs near the register, and a special cover over the credit card device...

Anyways, picked up a couple of cards (unactivated) and scanned them...

http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/344287

As you can see, each and every ticket has the following on it....

Guests must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 to use this ticket for admission and proof of residency will be required.

So it looks like they changed the rules, and you cannot buy tickets for guests. This does match the rules at WDW.

calguy77
01-03-2005, 06:41 PM
That contradicts the article. The article states that a Socal resident is able to buy up to 8 tickets, why would I want to buy 8 tickets if they are not for out of towners. I hope we get an answer soon!!!

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 06:46 PM
Also, on the front of the ticket...

Visit Disneyland Park on 1 day and Disney's California Adventure Park on another day for FREE!

Must reside within zip codes 90000-93599 or Baja California 21000-22999 and proof of residency required for admission. Tickets expire 30 days from first use or April 28, 2005 whichever comes first. Subject to restrictions and change without notice.

Also, these cards are plastic, but you are to sign the ticket, and they have placed a strip of "roughness" to allow for the signature....

calguy77
01-03-2005, 06:47 PM
well april 38th is an odd day for experation

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 06:56 PM
^It was a typo, and has been corrected.

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 09:29 PM
That contradicts the article. The article states that a Socal resident is able to buy up to 8 tickets, why would I want to buy 8 tickets if they are not for out of towners. I hope we get an answer soon!!!
No, the Press Release was also pretty clear...

through 93599) or Baja California (Zip Codes 21000 through 22999) residence is required for admission into the Disneyland Resort theme parks.

As I said earlier, the policy does match up with the policy at WDW for Florida Resident discounts. I think between the Press Release and what is actually printed on the ticket, we have the answer.

RStar
01-03-2005, 10:02 PM
why would I want to buy 8 tickets if they are not for out of towners.

For a large family? I know a family that has 8 kids, and with the parents would need to buy 10 tickets.

I'm sure they need to put a limit on everything they sale, someone finds a way to make a buck on Disney merchandise you know....

calguy77
01-04-2005, 03:43 AM
As I said earlier, the policy does match up with the policy at WDW for Florida Resident discounts. I think between the Press Release and what is actually printed on the ticket, we have the answer.[/QUOTE]

Nope I think we still need the answer, still isn't that clear, again your interpreting it to what you think, not what you know

duffman03
01-05-2005, 08:10 AM
Okay, I'm confused. Everything here says you have to buy this at Vons, but the commercials I keep hearing don't mention Vons at all? Is this available at the gate or not? I'd rather not make a special trip to Vons if I don't have to - they aren't that close to my house.

AVP
01-05-2005, 08:56 AM
Vons is also going to start selling Disneyland gift cards - the merchandise cards currently offered at the Disneyland Resort. No word on when that will begin.

AVP