PDA

View Full Version : AAA Ticket Questions (and more)

vegasmommytoDL
01-03-2005, 12:41 AM
Ok.... First of all I am new to this board. Hello everyone! My name is Julia and I turned 25 today, a few weeks ago I decided that I'd like to take my 3 year old to Disneyland for a vacation this year. I took her in 2003 and she liked it. I am trying to figure out how to get the best bang for my buck... so here are my questions! (I know its a tall order!)

If I stay 2 nights in a Disneyland hotel booked through AAA and I get the 5 Day Park Hopper tickets with the extra benifits like unlimited Fastpass', free parking, Preferred Seating... then if I go to another hotel property for the remaining 2 or 3 days of my stay then will the special "AAA Resort" benifits go away on my admission ticket? In other words, to get multiple fastpasses will it check the registration at the disneyland hotels every single day or is it a feature on the ticket that will last for all 5 days?

Also, how do the "Early Entry" and "Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness" events work? Do they give me a seperate ticket or is it based off my admission ticket? I ask because I don't know exactly what days we are looking at so I don't know if the 2 disney resort days would fall on days that I could use those benifits.

Also, I would like to clarify that I am correct on this... If I get the 5 Day Park Hopper Tickets at a AAA value of $139 (I think I read?) each then I can, on my last day (probably a Sunday) use the value of the hopper ticket and apply it to one of those $209 Annual Passes. The reason I was not planning on redeeming them sooner is because the dates we choose will probably be blacked out on Saturday. So, if I understand it correctly I could upgrade to an AP for (about) $70?

Also, I have always wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou since I was a small child and my parents always said it was too expensive. What I want to know is if its OK to eat at that place with my 3 year old? I haven't seen any Kids Quest (or hourly daycares) advertised ANYWHERE for people going to Disneyland. I have seen in-room babysitting services but I imagine those cost a pretty penny.

Thanks so much for your time in reviewing my questions. I tried to look them all up on the internet but couldn't find them (or maybe I am blind). Thanks guys (and gals)!

-Julia :D

P.S. I was looking at the dates MAY 14-18. Let me know any reason why those would be bad =) We live in Vegas so the drive isn't too bad so I'm pretty flexible!

ToursbabeC3po
01-03-2005, 01:00 AM
No your 5 day hopper is a AAA ticket so it does not matter where you stay. The fastpass reads the bar code on the back of your ticket and it has no ideal where you are staying:-) I hope you have a great time! It should be a great visit because it is a slow time right after Christmas! You may not even need a fastpass except on Fri and Sat!
((((((((((hugs)))))))))))
Toursbabe

disney jones
01-03-2005, 01:00 AM
Hi and welcome - i can answer a couple of your questions! :)
... If I get the 5 Day Park Hopper Tickets at a AAA value of $139 (I think I read?) each then I can, on my last day (probably a Sunday) use the value of the hopper ticket and apply it to one of those $209 Annual Passes. The reason I was not planning on redeeming them sooner is because the dates we choose will probably be blacked out on Saturday. So, if I understand it correctly I could upgrade to an AP for (about) $70?
That's exactly the way to do it and your theory is correct - upgrade the last day and you only pay the difference for your AP and Parkhoppers, and by upgrading on Sunday, you reap the benefit of going a blocked out Saturday!

Also, I have always wanted to eat at the Blue Bayou since I was a small child and my parents always said it was too expensive. What I want to know is if its OK to eat at that place with my 3 year old? I haven't seen any Kids Quest (or hourly daycares) advertised ANYWHERE for people going to Disneyland. I have seen in-room babysitting services but I imagine those cost a pretty penny.
Definitely take your 3 yr old to BB if you want to go - they have a Children's menu, complete with a cut out pirate's mask. And price's aren't too bad when compared to what the rest of the food costs there. I looked at babysitting services this year - i think it was $50/hour with a required minimum of 4 hours - way too expensive for me!

I was looking at the dates MAY 14-18. Let me know any reason why those would be bad =) We live in Vegas so the drive isn't too bad so I'm pretty flexible!
I think that's a great time to go and am planning a trip there myself with my two girls about that time - you get the benefit of the 50th Anniversary celebration that starts May 5th, but avoid the crowds that will start getting bigger once school gets out in June!

And this is an awesome sight to find out all sorts of things - i just started a month ago and its really been a big help. I'll let some of the experts answer your two trickier questions.

Finally, Happy Birthday!

Darkbeer
01-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Happy Birthday, here is an easy one...

Also, I would like to clarify that I am correct on this... If I get the 5 Day Park Hopper Tickets at a AAA value of $139 (I think I read?) each then I can, on my last day (probably a Sunday) use the value of the hopper ticket and apply it to one of those $209 Annual Passes. The reason I was not planning on redeeming them sooner is because the dates we choose will probably be blacked out on Saturday. So, if I understand it correctly I could upgrade to an AP for (about) $70?

Basically, yes, you do NOT want to upgrade for two reasons, the avoiding of the blockout day, AND the fact that you would lose the Enhanced FASTPASS option, don't upgrade until the last day, and then do it late in the day. And whatever the value of the ticket is (Based on the advance purchase price $169 for a 5 day Adult PH, and $139 for a child from 3-9, but if you take advantage of a promo like a kids free ticket, that is the value, zero towards an AP. So you might want to take advantage of a different promotion (I know for visits to the DLR from now until April, you can get either a kids PH with the purchase of a full priced Adult AP, OR an Adult PH at the Kids price with many package deals). Also, the rule says you have to UPgrade, therefore you couldn't get a SoCal Select AP, since it costs less than what your PH is worth. At the AP processing center, they will take the "value" of your ParkHopper, and allow you to take it as a credit against any of the AP's at the current price. For example, if you wanted a Deluxe AP, they would subtract the $169 from the current AP price of $209, and ask for $40 cash or charge at the processing center. A child AP would cost $70, siince the PH value is less, and there is no lower pricing for kids AP's.

Also, how do the "Early Entry" and "Mickey's Toontown Morning Madness" events work? Do they give me a seperate ticket or is it based off my admission ticket? I ask because I don't know exactly what days we are looking at so I don't know if the 2 disney resort days would fall on days that I could use those benifits.

Early Entry works like the ESPN Zone card, they are shown on the ParkHopper, and the CM just crosses out the benefit on the ParkHopper, another reason why you shouldn't upgrade to an AP until you have taken advantage of the perks. Not sure about the Toontown thing, in the past, it was a seperate voucher that came with your package.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask....