PDA

View Full Version : AP Nights rooms booking early

BJW
01-02-2005, 10:44 PM
I called three weeks in advance to book my room and found out the following:
Paradise Pier was all booked up except for the conceirge
Disneyland Hotel had rooms for $139 (much higher than the $79 min.)
GCH had rooms for $199 ($10 higher than last AP nights)
GCH also had concierge for $499 per night (nearly double than for PPH)
The operator kept trying to push concierge off on me by quoting it first, going over and over about the benefits, and saying why its such a good idea, even after saying three times I wasn't interested.

I'm wondering, are only a limited number of rooms available for AP nights? This is for January weekdays when the ride lines rarely get over 10 minutes so we know it can't be that crowded. Also, why are they doing a new push for concierge to APs? They never did that before. Disney concierge has always gotten a bad rap on the internet so most probably don't get it. I'm thinking maybe they close off some of the floors when it isn't that crowded so they can cut back on staffing, thus the rooms getting booked? Another option may be that only so many APs can stay in one hotel at a time, leaving enough room for the full priced guests. Might make sense with people saying Matt Ouimet is concerned with improving the full priced guest experience. Anyone know more? :confused:

stan4d_steph
01-03-2005, 05:12 AM
Yes, there are only a limited number of rooms at the AP rate. You can still get 10% off with your AP on any regular room rate.

BJW
01-03-2005, 10:14 AM
Thanks for the info. That makes sense. I know in the future I'm going to call further in advance.

disneynut
01-03-2005, 11:11 AM
We called yesterday (1/2/05) and booked two rooms at the DLH for 1/26-1/29. We're paying $99/night for Wed, Thur. Friday's cost was $119. I'm looking at the time stamp on your post from yesterday and it's right around the time we called yesterday morning~~I think it was about 10:30 a.m.

Did they say that the whole month was booked or just the time you were looking at going? We'd thought about going the weekend before but that's MLK weekend and I didn't know how busy it would be or if the special rates would be available that weekend. Just curious. :)

BJW
01-03-2005, 11:23 PM
Disneynut:
Sorry, I should have been more clear. January 18, 19, and 20 were the only three days I could get away to go, so those were the only three days I had the reservation operator check. By the way, doesn't it seem odd they were pushing conceirge so heavily. Did they do that with you?

disneynut
01-04-2005, 11:25 AM
BJW~I talked to my husband (who made the call) and he said they were pushing concierge and when he told them he wasn't interested they were pushing for GCH. Maybe the higher dollar value in the slow season, I don't know. When I called back in July to book DLH ap rates, I told them what I wanted and they didn't try to upsell at all.

Good luck with squeezing a trip in soon!:)

BJW
01-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Thanks, I'll let you guys know how my visit at the DLH goes on the 18th.