PDA

View Full Version : Photo processing?

calguy77
01-02-2005, 02:36 PM
WDW seems to be getting all these new advancements in film devolping. Like digital camera download centers that burn to a CD. A number to log onto a web site so you can buy park taken photos instead of having to wait in line. When do you think Disneyland will get this?

disney jones
01-02-2005, 02:51 PM
I think they have the web picture review now (saw it in Dec i think), but i'm not aware of the CD download.

i checked out what they had in June and was disappointed that they really weren't geared to suporting digital cameras yet, so i haven't really been back.

Downloading to a CD would be great if the price was right - with two little girls, i fill up my flash card rather quickly. This last time i finally brought my laptop so i could download after the first day, and start a new the second day.

calguy77
01-02-2005, 03:06 PM
Disneyland has Disney's PhotoPass system? that would be great, my mom is freaked out about bringing her camera to the park, she thinks it will get stolen. It would be great if Disney's PhotoPass system was in place at Disneyland!!

JeffG
01-02-2005, 09:09 PM
Disneyland has Disney's PhotoPass system? that would be great, my mom is freaked out about bringing her camera to the park, she thinks it will get stolen. It would be great if Disney's PhotoPass system was in place at Disneyland!!

It isn't as of yet. For now, that is still exclusively at WDW. I wouldn't be surprised if it is introduced at DL before too long, though.

-Jeff

marktips
01-02-2005, 09:18 PM
Overall, WDW has a lot more high-tech infrastructure than DL. It's easier for them to implement new technological systems than DLR.

You've got Pal Mickey being beamed information via infared, you've got credit card scanners on carts and mobil vendors via wireless technology, and the tipboards and wait times are actually monitored/updated by a computer system.

Heck, as of today, all park tickets require biometric scans at the front gates.

It's a high tech World - Disney World that is ;)