PDA

View Full Version : For those who have been to DL recently...

Pages : [1] 2

whitetiger
12-10-2001, 06:54 PM
how are the security checks affecting people bringing in their own snacks/bottled water? When we go to WDW, I usually bring a small cooler with bottled water, a few sodas and some snacks for the kids. I'm wondering how the security CM's feel about this, since technically, you aren't allowed to bring food/drinks into the parks. We'll be at DL in a few months, and I'm trying to plan. I hate paying big $$$ for water and sodas. :(

MammaSilva
12-10-2001, 07:08 PM
I'm not sure how it will be in a few months, and I'm not sure that our experience is the 'norm' since Brandy is medically fragile, but we had a little soft side "lunch box" that had her snacks in it and the security searched it everytime we took it but never once told me we couldn't take it inside. But it didn't have sodas in it either so I'm not sure how they will react to that.

slaakker
12-10-2001, 07:24 PM
They just looked in our bags. For the most part it was fine. We had bottled water and a few snacks.

supercarrie
12-10-2001, 09:04 PM
I was at DL on Sunday, and a family in front of me in line had a huge cooler full of food and sodas, as well as a bag of bottled water. The security person stopped them and said they weren't allowed to bring in that much food into the park, and directed them to the picnic area. I was surprised because based on what I had heard, the security guards were ignoring the food/drinks they saw, but I guess this family had too much in the guard's opinion to let them through.

bluepearl
12-10-2001, 09:35 PM
I once filled up an empty Sprite 20oz. bottle with water, froze it, then wrapped it up with foil. When I went to DCA, I had one of those CMs checking bags tell me I wasn't allowed to bring it into the park - that I wasn't allowed to bring glass bottles into the park. I gave her a strange look and said it wasn't glass, it was plastic. She made me take it out of my bag, unwrap it, and tap the bottle to prove that it wasn't glass. I haven't had any problems otherwise with bringing my drinks into the park. Besides, I always bring a can of Caffeine Free Coca-cola because they don't have that in the park and sometimes I get really tired of drinking Sprite all day.

driftwood714
12-10-2001, 09:35 PM
Well, if you bring enough food for a picnic, store it in the picnic area lockers. Disney needs to make their money, too.

zapppop
12-10-2001, 09:40 PM
I brought food from McDonalds into DCA while waiting to see MSEP and none of the cast members cared.

I think one asked for a french fry :p

blusilva
12-10-2001, 09:42 PM
I usually bring a couple of bottles of water and they don't even dig for them, just feel up my backpack and go "water, huh?"

On Saturday I also saw a family get pulled out of line and told they had "too much" food. Ah well. I don't know how much is considered "too much".

zapppop
12-10-2001, 10:00 PM
just for fun, I'm gonna go into DL with a bottle in a brown bag and see what happens.

EandCDad
12-11-2001, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by supercarrie
I was at DL on Sunday, and a family in front of me in line had a huge cooler full of food and sodas, as well as a bag of bottled water. The security person stopped them and said they weren't allowed to bring in that much food into the park, and directed them to the picnic area. I was surprised because based on what I had heard, the security guards were ignoring the food/drinks they saw, but I guess this family had too much in the guard's opinion to let them through.

This was likely a full lunch (sandwiches, chips, fruit, so forth). If you just bring a few snacks you will be fine.

We went both Sunday and Monday (9th and 10th) and our bag contained (approximately) 3 bottles of water, a bag of pretzels, two tangerines, some fruit roll-ups, and maybe one or two other things. No problemo getting in.

80S ERA
12-11-2001, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by zapppop
just for fun, I'm gonna go into DL with a bottle in a brown bag and see what happens.
They'll probaly just ask, "Colt 45 or St. Ides?"
:D

Nigel2
12-11-2001, 10:22 AM
This story was from like 2-3 years ago so the fine details may not be as sharp. Once I saw a family in NoS that brought in sandwhiches and, I swear I am not making this up, beer. And they were eating like they weren't doing anything wrong. So I pointed out to a security guard (yeah, if I can't bring in a beer nither can you:D ) and watched as the people seemed to act like the guard was taking away their personal rights and such. I left before it got ugly, well after looking at the family even more ugly.:D

whitetiger
12-11-2001, 11:38 AM
We went both Sunday and Monday (9th and 10th) and our bag contained (approximately) 3 bottles of water, a bag of pretzels, two tangerines, some fruit roll-ups, and maybe one or two other things. No problemo getting in.

Thanks EandCDad. That's the type of thing I was talking about. Definitely not a picnic lunch! When I go on vacation, I eat out! :lol

socabch
12-11-2001, 12:40 PM
I don't see anything wrong with bringing in a few snacks or water bottles in a back pack. But I do agree with security about not allowing in a large cooler. They don't fit in the lockers and the people would have to carry them all day. It's hard enough trying to get around on a crowded day with people, strollers & wheelchairs. Can you imagine if people started hauling large coolers? Our shins would be black and blue from trying to pass them.

mad4mky
12-11-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Nigel2
This story was from like 2-3 years ago so the fine details may not be as sharp. Once I saw a family in NoS that brought in sandwhiches and, I swear I am not making this up, beer. And they were eating like they weren't doing anything wrong. So I pointed out to a security guard (yeah, if I can't bring in a beer nither can you:D ) and watched as the people seemed to act like the guard was taking away their personal rights and such. I left before it got ugly, well after looking at the family even more ugly.:D

Years ago, when I was younger, and drank (I don't any more) we used to go over to the Disneyland Hotel during the afternoon and get a glass of wine, or a cocktail...let the kids wind down a little (as well as me and hubby), and then go back into the park. Why would you want to bring alcohol into the park? Good way to get asked to leave for the rest of the day. ( I have seen people with flasks putting "something" into their sodas while at the park....I never told a CM...figured, non of my business. I figure, eventually they'll get caught).

lisap
12-11-2001, 01:43 PM
Yeah I remember Rebecca Romain Stamos telling about her first date with John and it was at DL and in her words they were a bit "tipsy" because they were adding alcohol to whatever they were drinking walking around the Park and how wonderful it was etc. etc.

And I thought--how charming :( You know? It just does not seem right to do that at DL. But I'm sure I'm being naive.

hbquikcomjamesl
12-11-2001, 02:04 PM
Personally, I experienced culture shock when I was in Florida last year, and it finally sank in that ethanol was available in Epcot, MGM, and AK. Same thing happened when it sank in that it was available in DCA.

:eek: Please note that none of my bizarre behavior is pharmaceutically induced :eek:

EmmaPeel007
12-11-2001, 02:17 PM

Well it was New Orleans Square. Maybe they should've had a pitcher of Hurricanes and a few Pat O'Brien's glasses?

Hey, as long as the girls didn't start flashing... :D

EandCDad
12-11-2001, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by EmmaPeel007

Yeeeeaaaaahhhhh, that's a bad thing . . . we don't want that . . . I guess.

Lost Boy
12-11-2001, 07:11 PM
Just so you know, the lockers in the Picnic Area are great. They have several that are larger than any of the others, big enough that I could put a suitcase, build a bear box, large heavy coat and camera bag with only a little shoving. They rent for $6 all day and the other lockers are $5 all day. That's not bad considering they are twice a big as a normal locker. I use them all the time.

slaakker
12-11-2001, 08:21 PM
Where are the picnic area lockers? I haven't been to the picnic area. Where is it?

dsnyredhead
12-11-2001, 08:31 PM
The picnic area is to the left of the entrance plaza of Disneyland. It is kinda hidden if you don't know to look for it. There are tables and lockers.

Nigel2
12-11-2001, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by EmmaPeel007

Um by the age of these people flashing would have meant something was going to touch the ground.:D
Its one thing to bring a little something in but I have seen whole meals (the beer people had heardy sandwhiches and junk so that counts) then its just tacky. Speaking of flashing So Ghram Norton had a little thing about flash mountain on (with photos:D )

Crazytigger
12-12-2001, 03:05 AM
I have not really had a problem with it, and we bring snacks all the time.

EmmaPeel007
12-12-2001, 10:38 AM

Um by the age of these people flashing would have meant something was going to touch the ground.:D
Its one thing to bring a little something in but I have seen whole meals (the beer people had heardy sandwhiches and junk so that counts) then its just tacky. Speaking of flashing So Ghram Norton had a little thing about flash mountain on (with photos:D )

That is So Graham Norton!

Love the show, but am usually asleep by the time he comes on ...:crying: