PDA

View Full Version : DL Filming Sunday - Or. Bowl Giveaway

jiminycesq
01-02-2005, 09:52 AM
This morning at Park Opening, some filming was taking place at the Castle entrance with Donald, Goofy, Mickey and Minnie. It went on until at least 9 am or so. Mickey was in what looked like a mini Humvee or jeep, and Minnie was giving him a basket of oranges.

This didnt seem significant until a castmember explained that this was not a commercial, but an announcement for the Orange Bowl. The large Gift package on the back of the vehicle, which Mickey drives away in after getting the oranges, is Disney's gift to EVERYONE who attends the Bowl - a free ticket to either Disneyland or Disneyworld!

What a promotion! I imagine this is supposed to be a surprise. Hmmm ... wonder if anyone here might be going to the Bowl?

disneyguy247
01-02-2005, 12:00 PM
i was at disneyland just a few hours ago, and at park opening in front of the castle, a crew was filming a commercial w/ mickey, minnie, donald, and goofy. I asked when it would air, and its going to be on before halftime of the orange bowl game this tues. Hopefully Darkbeer or DLD History will have some pics. it was interesting to watch them film. Oh, and mickey was wearing his cool tux that he wore to the rose parade. Sorry for my rambling.

disneyguy247
01-02-2005, 05:24 PM
hey jiminy!
did u see someone that looked like darkbeer taking pics?
i didnt want 2 go up and tap him on the shoulder.
Also, did you see a tall guy in a red quicksilver sweatshirt? if u did, that was me.